I used the console command to test some things in the beta, but I still have a question:

- When you write "auto complete commands" I assume that you can see what you are writing,

When I pressed the key, I could write things, press enter and something happened. But there was no text when writing so I had to write blind. Only when I pressed enter I saw my writing and often it was wrong because I had to alt+tab between the game and this forum and remember those commands that can be very long.

Is there a way to see what you are writing?

- I have a german keyboard but the ingame options show the english keyboard. This is not a problem for most letters, but for some special characters it is. I think I set the console to another key, I think it was ä, but I am not sure. The fact that I do not see what I write makes it worse. So I have to press a key, type something blind and press enter to see it this was the key for the console.

When the full game is released and I play it in german, will the options menu show the german keyboard so I can see which key does what?

I used the console command to test some things in the beta, but I still have a question:

- When you write "auto complete commands" I assume that you can see what you are writing,

When I pressed the key, I could write things, press enter and something happened. But there was no text when writing so I had to write blind. Only when I pressed enter I saw my writing and often it was wrong because I had to alt+tab between the game and this forum and remember those commands that can be very long.

Is there a way to see what you are writing?

- I have a german keyboard but the ingame options show the english keyboard. This is not a problem for most letters, but for some special characters it is. I think I set the console to another key, I think it was ä, but I am not sure. The fact that I do not see what I write makes it worse. So I have to press a key, type something blind and press enter to see it this was the key for the console.

When the full game is released and I play it in german, will the options menu show the german keyboard so I can see which key does what?

That's odd. I could see the console UI with what I have written + auto complete suggestions. I would take a screenshot, but I already made space for full release. 

In PoE1 there was a command that didn't require the "iRoll20s" and didn't break achievements: SetZoomRange

There are actually a ton of non-cheat commands at your disposal.

For instance, pop open the console and type Find Set or Find Toggle and the log window should display a whole list of things you can do.

Find is also super useful for cheaters too.  Find Give should print off a whole bunch of simple cheat commands.

• Like 2

In PoE1 there was a command that didn't require the "iRoll20s" and didn't break achievements: SetZoomRange

There are actually a ton of non-cheat commands at your disposal.

For instance, pop open the console and type Find Set or Find Toggle and the log window should display a whole list of things you can do.

Find is also super useful for cheaters too.  Find Give should print off a whole bunch of simple cheat commands.

Good to know. I don't care much for achievements but I don't intend to use "iRoll20s" on my first playthrough.

sign.jpg

In Deadfire you can simply type a letter like "A" and then hit <tab> and the console will cycle through all commands that start with that letter. This way you can discover all commands if you wish so if you don't know what else to do. Usually I just type "giv" or "add" or "att" andthen hit <tab> - it makes testing stuff out so fast it's a breeze. Thanks Obsisian for that new and decent feature. It was also in PoE, but it didn't work that well.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I'm still really torn between what multiclass I'm going to pick. I was thinking about starting the game tomorrow (when its available) and quickly skipping to the first combat and giving my character 10K exp using console command. Will this affect steam achievements? I'm not one of those achievement addicts mind you, I only like getting all the achievements in specific games that I enjoy and I know i'm gonna enjoy this game.

So yeah, does using exp cheat in console command ruin steam achievements?

IIRC, you can open up the console and type COSMIC DOG and get a pet, but as soon as you've typed iRoll20s, then you've ruined your game as far as achievements go.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Pretty sure the achievement ban only applies to the current game though, from the point you use "iroll20s" onwards.

Save (if you can) before you choose a class, then run through and use the console to gain experience and play around with the class, for upwards of an hour. Then reload and repeat with a different class, and so on. Once you have an idea of what you want to play, reload that first save and play through without using the commands.

Also, do similar with the companions, if you're not sure what class to pick. Save just before you talk to them, then use the console to gain experience and go play around with their class. Reload either to try another class for them or to continue playing your clean save with whatever you choose.

I don't really care about steam achievements, but I would like to know if Iroll20s also disables the internal achievements for berath's blessing. Anyone with early access that knows?

Quite possibly does. Personally I wouldn't risk it and I'll be reloading to clean saves, if I need to test something, as stated above.

I couldn't quite get it to work properly.

The format seems to be CompanionAddRelationship [Companion 1] [Companion 2] [positive/negative] [minor/average/major] [boolean value (1 or 2 or true or false)]. For instance, CompanionAddRelationship Player_Watcher Companion_Eder(Clone) positive major 1. But I couldn't figure out which order the companion names were supposed to be in, what the Boolean value meant, and no matter what I did, I couldn't get Aloth's relationship bar beyond halfway full. So... :banghead:

Edited by Tarlonniel
  • Like 4

Anyone knows how to make AddAbility work in game. It shows this command but I can't add anything. Maybe now you need to type ability differently. I wanted to try out something in build without having to start over.