Anyone can dual wield the 1 handed ranged weapons (pistol, blunderbuss, scepter, wand). Proficiency will give you access to their modals. You can talent for Two-Weapon Style to be faster, but it will get the baseline dual wield recovery bonus on its own without the talent. The talent stacks with that. Yep, if you take arms bearer talent you can. Or 6 blunderbusses. 

• Like 1

so two weapon style increases action speed or recovery?

Increasing recovery wont help if im quickswitch and guns done have recovery anyway they have reload

Action speed is inverse to recovery. Higher action speed=lower recovery. Reloading is a type of recovery. This means your guns will reload faster as well.

Like any other dual wielding.

No.

Pistols aren't that great, but dual wielding is.

Yes

Meh.  In theory.  In practice...

Though you could go Black Jacket and take Arms Bearer, and go through 8 pistols. 

Increasing recovery wont help if im quickswitch and guns done have recovery anyway they have reload

Action speed is inverse to recovery. Higher action speed=lower recovery. Reloading is a type of recovery. This means your guns will reload faster as well.

this is completely incorrect

guns dont have recovery they have reload

so if two handed style effects recovery it will do nothing

This is exactly how it worked in the beta. Whether you believe me or not is up to you. Enjoy yourself.

This is exactly how it worked in the beta. Whether you believe me or not is up to you. Enjoy yourself.

No its not how it worked in the beta i have the beta

To clarify Two weapon style (the proficiency that we are talking about) clearly says in the beta that it effects 20% recovery

Guns do not have recovery. Period. I just checked the BETA they have reload.

You might be talking about the inherit speed bonus you get from using two weapons (this is automatic and does not need any proficiency)

Edited by master guardian

When you see an ability that changes the action speed or the recovery time it affects only the recovery time (or the reload time). As far as I know only DEX affects attack time/cast time.

edit: my bad recovery time abilities affect only recovery/reload time. DEX and action speed abilities (rapid casting, arquebus modal etc) affect both recovery/reload time and attack/casting time.

During recovery/reload phase, action speed and recovery time are inversely proportional: that is the higher the first the lower the second and vice versa. Behind the hood the game operates with action speed, even though many abilities speak of recovery time. You can determine one from another by taking into account that their product should be 1. Below are some example:

• medium armor: +35% recovery time => 1/1.35=0.74 action speed. Although you have an increase in recovery time, you have a decrease in action speed.
  • heavy armor: +55% recovery time => 1/1.55=0.645 action speed. Although you have an increase in recovery time , you have a decrease in action speed.
  • two weapon style: -20% recovery time => 1/0.8=1.25 action speed. Although you have a decrease in recovery time , you have an increase in action speed.  

That being said the formula for adding all the bonuses/maluses is quite complex and works in steps (penalties have higher weight than bonuses). You could check MaxQuest's post for a detailed explanation: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/95847-attackaction-speed-thread/

This was said by a tester on the backer beta forums this same day.

That's why Frenzy and Bloodlust are so good. And high DEX of course.

They also reduce reload in beta4.

Wasn't Vengeful Defeat placed at PL 7? Can't remember...

Boeroer, who has hundreds of hours (Who knows, he may even reach a thousand) in the beta confirmed this, and even states that skills that increase action speed reduce reload. 

This is how it works in the beta. 
Can't possibly make it clearer than this, friend.
Edited by anathanielh

awesome cool

Glad you understand. NOW ENJOY YOURSELF OR ELSE

EDIT: Two weapon style* reduces recovery time, this reducing time spent reloading. It’s not exactly stated, so you are correct about it being a bit murky. That’s life though

Edited by anathanielh

Boeroer, on 04 Feb 2018 - 4:50 PM, said:snapback.png

Also: dw pistols. :/

DW firearms does not benefit from DualWielding or TwoWeaponStyle recovery reduction since they don't have recovery.
DW pistols seem to be mainly for Quick Switching... Fire two pistols consecutively, switch to the next two, repeat-n-times. 

Edited by MaxQuest, 04 February 2018 - 03:33 AM.

The quotes I used are more recent. They are from today, so it's the most recent iteration of the beta.

Why you gotta keep fighting me on this dude. It's like you don't want the talent to benefit your build =/

Edited by anathanielh
  • Like 1

Pistols benefit from Two Weapon Style:

post-195492-0-41595300-1525749816_thumb.jpg

I wanted test how low i can get this in the beta, but not all factors are shown in the tooltip - here a full list:

-23% Dexterity
-30% Dual-wield
-20% Ability "Two Weapon Style"
-20% Ability "Gunner"
-20% Chant "Sure-Handed Ila"
-20% Headgear "Acina's Eyepatch"
-50% Pistol Modal "Rushed Reload"

Edited by Tommy1984
  • Like 2

Pistols benefit from Two Weapon Style:

attachicon.gifpistols.jpg

I wanted test how low i can get this in the beta, but not all factors are shown in the tooltip - here a full list:

-23% Dexterity

-30% Dual-wield

-20% Ability "Two Weapon Style"

-20% Ability "Gunner"

-20% Chant "Sure-Handed Ila"

-20% Headgear "Acina's Eyepatch"

-50% Pistal Modal "Rushed Reload"

Thank you. 

so you thing that two weapon style effects either the action speed or the reload?

Two Weapon Style reduces recovery time, which means it reduces reload. 

As I showed in my previous posts, Action speed and Recovery time are inversely proportional. 

-What does this mean? It means that higher action speed is a lower recovery time (aka lower reload time) and vice versa

-This also means that lower recovery time/higher action speed is good **** and will help you fire faster.

This means that Two Weapon style will help you with your build. It affects both action speed and recovery time. (In a weird, roundabout way that makes sense becase math and stuff)

Edited by anathanielh