Wow. Apparently Aloth also has a dialog for MINUS 2 rep which can go quite romantic. You can kiss him and he's all confused, angry yet still certainly cares. It doesn't end very well (he always just says that maybe after you deal with Eothas and everything you could think of it again) but the scene itself... I somehow liked it too much. His response to you also changes. Not sure if there's any more content but now I'm tempted to try this "route" till the end more than I should be  :huh:

I need to test this for science.

• Like 1

The sad thing is a lot of those bugs could've been reportable if the beta had actual storyline content in it. But spoiler-phobia ended up ruining what could've been a great opportunity for beta testing. Divinity Original Sin benefited greatly from having its first act open to backers and early access.

I don't think this really needed outside beta work. The problems with the companions are _really_ obvious.

Especially with Chokey losing her crap at Pallegina the moment the latter joins the party. Someone should have flagged that internally, especially the devs who were bragging about playing on twitter during the delay month. Were they just ignoring problems?

Also I'm wondering if anyone else has had the event where a drunken crewmember knocks on the Watcher's door asking for sex?  Apparently everyone on that ship wants the Watcher except for Eder and Pallegina. :p

I finally got that event, but the only drunk on my ship was 70-something Eld Elgrim who babysits Vela, so it was extra skeezy. :unsure:

The only crew member I wish would proposition my Watcher is Caergr the Pale Elf, and he is marked "ascetic". :facepalm:

Nasty.  I just had a different one where a crew member walks in and just starts stripping, and my Watcher is like WTF!  It was the Orlan helmsman, name starts with a L, he's marked "impulsive." :bow:

Guest Ontarah

The realism argument I don't get but then I am lgbt so I guess I struggle to relate to a "there are too many gays in this piece of media!" kinda thing. Like ok sure lets assume that bisexual people are as rare as in the real world (which is probably not as rare as a lot of straight people seem to think). That doesn't mean that any specific group of people are going to be representative of statistics based on the entirity of society. Four bi people just happening to be on the same boat is not some statistical impossibility. It's unlikely but unlilkely things happen all the time. Apparently all these characters were made bi by their writers and there wasn't any kind of sexuality quota. That's unlikely too but it happened.

In college a quarter of my class were openly and legitimately LGBT. And I was studying Psychology, not queer studies or something. And as us gays all know, there are also TONS of bi or curious people on the down low. Tons. Y’all really have no idea.

For me the issue is less having everybody be bisexual, but more because of the mutability of the PC, this ends up making everybody pansexual in reality. Whatever the actual stats are on the number of LGBT people around, the percentage of people who would go for literally *anybody* regardless of their race, appearance, temperament, morals, & personality is exceedingly low to nonexistent.

It would be better if they were all bisexual but still said "no" under certain conditions.

One thing to what bugs me is that Maia started romancing Watcher as soon as we hit talk with Stronghold Dude.

I know that she is straighforward down to business fighter, also little birds talk she is in great hunger for love.

But i am not prepared for such level of thirst.

Not big deal, but funny, and not sure if intended that way.

• Like 1

The realism argument I don't get but then I am lgbt so I guess I struggle to relate to a "there are too many gays in this piece of media!" kinda thing. Like ok sure lets assume that bisexual people are as rare as in the real world (which is probably not as rare as a lot of straight people seem to think). That doesn't mean that any specific group of people are going to be representative of statistics based on the entirity of society. Four bi people just happening to be on the same boat is not some statistical impossibility. It's unlikely but unlilkely things happen all the time. Apparently all these characters were made bi by their writers and there wasn't any kind of sexuality quota. That's unlikely too but it happened.

In college a quarter of my class were openly and legitimately LGBT. And I was studying Psychology, not queer studies or something. And as us gays all know, there are also TONS of bi or curious people on the down low. Tons. Y’all really have no idea.

For me the issue is less having everybody be bisexual, but more because of the mutability of the PC, this ends up making everybody pansexual in reality. Whatever the actual stats are on the number of LGBT people around, the percentage of people who would go for literally *anybody* regardless of their race, appearance, temperament, morals, & personality is exceedingly low to nonexistent.

It would be better if they were all bisexual but still said "no" under certain conditions.

I think that's what the affinity system is supposed to be for its just broken as hell.

• Like 2

Wow. Apparently Aloth also has a dialog for MINUS 2 rep which can go quite romantic. You can kiss him and he's all confused, angry yet still certainly cares. It doesn't end very well (he always just says that maybe after you deal with Eothas and everything you could think of it again) but the scene itself... I somehow liked it too much. His response to you also changes. Not sure if there's any more content but now I'm tempted to try this "route" till the end more than I should be  :huh:

Nice find! Any chance you can post a screenshot of it here? :3

Well it took 27 screenshots (all convo, but 1 path) so I'm not sure how to post them xD

Dropped it here in an archive http://dropmefiles.com/378Vd so if it's not against the rules to post external unprotected links you are welcome to check :) If it is then I apologize and will delete it.

The convo should take place in act 3 I suppose but I just triggered it via nexus mod...

• Like 1

Well it took 27 screenshots (all convo, but 1 path) so I'm not sure how to post them xD

Dropped it here in an archive http://dropmefiles.com/378Vd so if it's not against the rules to post external unprotected links you are welcome to check :) If it is then I apologize and will delete it.

The convo should take place in act 3 I suppose but I just triggered it via nexus mod...

I love this. After watching Tekehu's romance on youtube I am slightly envious that it has way more content, but it's good to know that Aloth's romance, short as it is, has at least some nuance to it. 

Edited by CaptainBiscuit
  • Like 2

Oh wow that's gooood. Lol now I'm a little sad I used that bug to get his approval up to 2. 

• Like 1

lol at Aloth having a rivalrymance.

I prefer the sweet version more but it's still nice <3

• Like 2

I say we meet midway. No lesbian couple. Gay only, and Serafen gets a full romance.

that doesn't make sense...or I need more coffee . 

It does and the reason is there.

It's just that..

Without love, it cannot be seen.

Guest Ontarah

Er, maybe I'm just a doofus but when I go to that link, I just get a generic exhortation to drop my files in, but no actual files to download.

*Edit* Nvm. The correct answer is that I'm a doofus.

Edited by Ontarah

For me the issue is less having everybody be bisexual, but more because of the mutability of the PC, this ends up making everybody pansexual in reality. Whatever the actual stats are on the number of LGBT people around, the percentage of people who would go for literally *anybody* regardless of their race, appearance, temperament, morals, & personality is exceedingly low to nonexistent.It would be better if they were all bisexual but still said "no" under certain conditions.
Or... the in game society, since it’s clearly not earth, simply doesn’t have the cultural hang ups about gender, sex and sexuality that we have? It’s not outside the realms of possibility (in fact it’s very likely) that a planet that was never exposed to biases like these simply didn’t develop any cultural taboos around them, and therefore has a much higher percentage of the population that sees potential partners for their emotional/labido/intellectual compatibility rather than the shape of their “bits”?

TLDR: perhaps they just don’t have centuries of stigma and bias making them reject potential partners on their planet. Edit: Edér seems to be the exception here though, apparently he only like female screamers?!

Edited by Noctoi
  • Like 3

Exactly! I’m not at all concerned/squicked by the cross gender implications... I’m REALLY squicked by both Edér and Iselmyr being quite happy to contemplate what essentially amounts to raping Iselmyrs “meat suit”. I’m kinda grossed out with both characters now, and feel even more inclined to encourage Aloth to take the ‘suppress’ path next time.

For what it's worth, I've listened to that banter, and while Eder is definitely crushing hard on Iselmyr, it doesn't seem like to her it's anything more than one of her stupid pranks, this time both on Aloth AND Eder. Because when Eder asks what does Aloth think about them together, and she replies that Aloth wants only happiness for her, I honestly lol'd. Heck, he's getting annoyed even when she comes out just to talk to Eder and repeatedly asks him not to encourage her. And after all that she says: "Ooh, yer face, Edér! Only thing finer'n seeing it is feeling this lad's ire!". It's only my interpretation, of course, so take it for what you will. 

That being said, I find myself liking Eder a lot less. Not for being fond of Iselmyr, just for being this dense and obviously lacking some basic empathy.

Welp, all more reason for me to suppress her in my playthroughs, I guess (like I imagine her constant yapping in Aloth's head and trying to assume direct control of his body wasn't enough already :D ).

Honestly, I'm not really a fan of Eder in this game, either.  He wasn't my favorite in the last game (I found him bland but inoffensive, so I took him anyway), but he's more self-aware, which doesn't work for me.  His jokes are trying too hard, and when he brought up finding the...er..."loud woman," I benched him permanently.  The timing was pretty awful; I have way bigger issues to worry about.  Like, you know, getting my soul back.

On a side note, I prefer "romancing" adventurers that I create, since I come up with backstories for all of them.  It's actually kind of sad  fun, from a role-playing perspective.

• Like 1

Guest Ontarah

Or... the in game society, since it’s clearly not earth, simply doesn’t have the cultural hang ups about gender, sex and sexuality that we have? It’s not outside the realms of possibility (in fact it’s very likely) that a planet that was never exposed to biases like these simply didn’t develop any cultural taboos around them, and therefore has a much higher percentage of the population that sees potential partners for their emotional/labido/intellectual compatibility rather than the shape of their “bits”?

TLDR: perhaps they just don’t have centuries of stigma and bias making them reject potential partners on their planet. Edit: Edér seems to be the exception here though, apparently he only like female screamers?!

But we've overt evidence that this isn't the case. Widespread stigma against orlans and godlike is a thing. Gender roles are rigid and matter in some areas (consider how the only reason Pallegina could join her order was because she wasn't "really" a woman in the Valian Republics. In Massuk, women hunt and men stay home with kids. Sagani exclusively refers to hunters as female). Tensions exist in Aedyre between elves and humans hence the institution of haemneg. We also know that elven/human pairings are sterile which would impact how people view them. Same with the godlike.

And that's without even getting into the fact that even pansexual people care about their perspective partners morals, personality, temperament and so on. Either the LIs really are playersexual or they are aggressively without discrimination in regards partnerships to the utter ends of probability (and self-respect).

Edited by Ontarah

And that's without even getting into the fact that even pansexual people care about their perspective partners morals, personality, temperament and so on. Either the LIs really are playersexual or they are aggressively without discrimination in regards partnerships to the utter ends of probability (and self-respect).

Again I'm pretty sure that's meant to be covered with the disposition/affinity system. It's just bugged. (which is why conversations are having way too quickly and you're getting way too much influence for certain actions).

The Lis are not playersexual. Except maybe Aloth and in his case it'd make sense.

Edited by Ryz009
  • Like 2

Guest Ontarah

Again I'm pretty sure that's meant to be covered with the disposition/affinity system. It's just bugged. (which is why conversations are having way too quickly and you're getting way too much influence for certain actions).

The Lis are not playersexual. Except maybe Aloth and in his case it'd make sense.

Sure, and inasmuch as it is just bugs and it gets fixed, it's no longer an issue. I'm more responding to the argument that "people in Eora just don't care about race/gender/physical appearance/morals/etc in their partners" which we know isn't true.

Sure, and inasmuch as it is just bugs and it gets fixed, it's no longer an issue. I'm more responding to the argument that "people in Eora just don't care about race/gender/physical appearance/morals/etc in their partners" which we know isn't true.

Ah yeah. I don't think s/s relationships in particular seem to be an issue. Inter-species seems to be more of an issue if anything. And since some of them are sterile it's hard to tell if they're common because there's not a bunch of halflings running around :p

Edited by Ryz009
  • Like 1

Ah yeah. I don't think s/s relationships in particular seem to be an issue. Inter-species seems to be more of an issue if anything. And since some of them are sterile it's hard to tell if they're common because there's not a bunch of halflings running around :p

"The one certainty is that Eora's races can breed only with their like kind, and unions between divergent races have never proven successful from that standpoint." Start of chapter 5 in the Guidebook volume 1.

So no half-anythings, not even half-elves.

• Like 2

I think, sociologically speaking, there’s potentially an attitude shift towards interracial (inter species?) relationships starting to occur due to the hollowborn issue too. If healthy children are becoming scarce, adults are killing each other off in war and animancy craziness, and some races are potentially being affected more by the hollowborn issue than others, then population decline will trigger the adoption of taboos that weren’t previously a social issue.

And like you said, we can’t know for sure because of inter species sterility.

Edited by Noctoi

Guest Ontarah

Racial stigmas that have nothing to do with reproduction of themselves would certainly have impact on interracial pairings, whether those pairings are sterile or not and regardless if they are straight or homosexual pairings. Somebody who thinks orlans are animals is unlikely to think a human/orlan pairing is just neutral. We know haemneg can be fraught.

I think, sociologically speaking, there’s potentially an attitude shift towards interracial (inter species?) relationships starting to occur due to the hollowborn issue too. If healthy children are becoming scarce, adults are killing each other off in war and animancy craziness, and some races are potentially being affected more by the hollowborn issue than others, then population decline will trigger the adoption of taboos that weren’t previously a social issue.

And like you said, we can’t know for sure because of inter species sterility.

In the Tek romance you can strongly imply you were gangbanged/involved in a foursome with 3 orlans (M FOR MATURE KIDS)....so I am thinking inter species sex is a thing even if inter species sterility is too. 

• Like 1

I tested the Aloth rivalmance in a couple of different saves and, for some reason, it only triggers in the one where I kept Iselmyr around; in the other games, his negative disposition conversations end quickly and abruptly. Not sure if that's intended or a bug.

• Like 1

"The one certainty is that Eora's races can breed only with their like kind, and unions between divergent races have never proven successful from that standpoint." Start of chapter 5 in the Guidebook volume 1.

So no half-anythings, not even half-elves.

Yeah see lots easier to tell how much cross species banging is going on when the setting has halfings. Couldn't take a step in Faerun without hitting some half something.

Edited by Ryz009
  • Like 1