I think he might become anti traditionalist on route where he chooses to dismantle leaden key? Could be wrong about that, but I'd guess its part of his character development since the first game if he is still anti traditional on "I'm gonna take over leaden key" path

Also, is it just me or is it really weird that Aloth is "anti-tradition." He is pretty much the opposite of this in POE1. He can't stand newfangled animancy. He shows disgust and indignation when Durance talks about newish technology of firearms supplanting magic. He is sympathetic to the Leaden Key which is basically "we have to maintain the tradition of gods because people will go crazy without them." I really don't get it.

He is anti stupid people generally which includes stupid traditions, but I never saw this as him being some sort of iconoclast or something. He's really quite conservative.

It looks like it depends on POE1 endgame. If he becomes the leader of Leaden key he sticks to his old beliefe and stays pro-tradition, if he sets out to dismantle them he changes and becomes anti-tradition. Its kinda nice. His "going back to Aedyr" dialogue also changes accordingly and wich of his parents he forgave and was happy to see. 

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Also, is it just me or is it really weird that Aloth is "anti-tradition." He is pretty much the opposite of this in POE1. He can't stand newfangled animancy. He shows disgust and indignation when Durance talks about newish technology of firearms supplanting magic. He is sympathetic to the Leaden Key which is basically "we have to maintain the tradition of gods because people will go crazy without them." I really don't get it.

He is anti stupid people generally which includes stupid traditions, but I never saw this as him being some sort of iconoclast or something. He's really quite conservative.

It looks like it depends on POE1 endgame. If he becomes the leader of Leaden key he sticks to his old beliefe and stays pro-tradition, if he sets out to dismantle them he changes and becomes anti-tradition. Its kinda nice. His "going back to Aedyr" dialogue also changes accordingly and wich of his parents he forgave and was happy to see. 

He keeps giving me crap for being traditional and he's Leaden Key in my game.

• Like 1

I think whether he is traditionalist or not is depend on he accepted Iselmyr or not. If he accepted than he is anti-traditionalist 

I think whether he is traditionalist or not is depend on he accepted Iselmyr or not. If he accepted than he is anti-traditionalist 

Ahh he sublimated Iselmyr in mine, maybe thats why...

Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Guest Ontarah

I have him suppressing her so I guess we'll see where it goes. I'm still replaying POE1.

Edited by Ontarah

Nope. He suppessed her in my playthrough, still anti-traditionalist (well, mostly, if you don't count obviously bugged banters :D ).

• Like 1

Guest Ontarah

I wonder if it's "suppressed Iselmyr *and* leader of the Leaden Key" that makes him traditionalist? Can anybody confirm that "traditionalist" Aloth even actually exists in Deadfire?

Okay so I just checked my two games with (suppressed Iselmyr, Pro-Leaden Key) and (accepted Iselmyr, anti-Leaden Key) and Aloth is exactly the same in both of them. He is pro-autonomy and anti-tradition, pro-duty, and pro-benevolent stewardship whatever that means.

So it must be something in the conversation options that people are picking up. I am hesitant to say its a bug, maybe more that its not clear which options correspond to what approach.

• Like 3

Nope I never keep Iselmyr and he's still anti-traditional.

Okay so I just checked my two games with (suppressed Iselmyr, Pro-Leaden Key) and (accepted Iselmyr, anti-Leaden Key) and Aloth is exactly the same in both of them. He is pro-autonomy and anti-tradition, pro-duty, and pro-benevolent stewardship whatever that means.

Well, this in itself looks like a bug - shouldn't he have different dispositions for pro- and anti- Leaden key? 

• Like 1

Hmm, I've noticed that Tekēhu's first flirty dialog triggers the instant his reputation with the Watcher hits 1. I'm not sure if it's intended, especially since if you pick him up in Neketaka, it's ridiculously easy to get his rep up. Doing that quick little quest for that Huana villager to convince the Valian Trading Co to let go of that contract is enough to do it. In which case, it might be an issue that he just gains rep way too easily?

Maia however, does seem to trigger the dialog even at 0 rep with her :/

Well, this in itself looks like a bug - shouldn't he have different dispositions for pro- and anti- Leaden key? 

Yeah it doesn't make much sense. Another bug to the list I suppose.

• Like 1

I think pro-Leaden Key pairs with benevolent stewardship and anti-Leaden Key pairs with autonomy. I saw those on saved states I created, not imported. The import function seems to bug out with companions a bit.

• Like 2

I'd think so, because if you talk to him about his trip to Aedyr he has different sentiments about which of his parents he understood better. With anti-Leaden Key and Iselmyr he saw his mom and understood that she gave him freedom to solve things on his own. With pro-Leaden Key and no Iselmyr he forgave his dad, which while cruel, still was around. Total polar opposites in terms of disposition.

I think pro-Leaden Key pairs with benevolent stewardship and anti-Leaden Key pairs with autonomy. I saw those on saved states I created, not imported. The import function seems to bug out with companions a bit.

My states are created not imported, and I see both :(

Edited by Aridea

Finally got Aloth's romance with my Clever Watcher thanks to the exploit (I hope they don't patch that!)

It's really cute so far. I like how what he says when you click on him or speak to him changes when you're dating him.

• Like 1

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

Hmm, I've noticed that Tekēhu's first flirty dialog triggers the instant his reputation with the Watcher hits 1. I'm not sure if it's intended, especially since if you pick him up in Neketaka, it's ridiculously easy to get his rep up. Doing that quick little quest for that Huana villager to convince the Valian Trading Co to let go of that contract is enough to do it. In which case, it might be an issue that he just gains rep way too easily?

Maia however, does seem to trigger the dialog even at 0 rep with her :/

I am still unsure how it works, but some rep hits and gains are higher than others.

It seems like the approval gain for something the companions like is 10-20 points, approval loss is around 30.

Tier for rep 1 is around 50 (? I think) points, and rep 2 is 170. Dialogue gives 2-4, maybe 6 points. I am still unsure on this one. 

For example, in the beginning I got Aloth to 8 points through the first dialog and by not telling animancers about him. Then I went to that village next to Part Maje, and when solving the beaten guy quest picked the "traditional" option. Aloth dislikes it so his approval went down to -24, which is like 34 points hit. 

Tekehu and Maia both trigger at rep 1, and since the tier is only 50,its  so easy to get them first and so hard to get someone like Aloth. With him it seems he rarely likes anything, but if you say something he dislikes (which is more likely), you'll take an uber hit.

Pls take with a grain of salt because I wasn't calculating exact number by number.

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 1

And here we have it, Ladies and Gentlemen!

This is what I was speaking of. This is what I was expecting.

hJdLyjO.png

Obsidian getting called out for having an AGENDA! No multiple AGENDAS actually! It was only a matter of time.

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 1

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

And here we have it, Ladies and Gentlemen!

This is what I was speaking of. This is what I was expecting.hJdLyjO.png

Obsidian getting called out for having an AGENDA! No multiple AGENDAS actually! It was only a matter of time.

Love it, hopefully all the gamergate/rpg codex/4 chann players are suffering from high blood pressure!

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

ah sheesh , you should see STEAM lol while here , the biggest topic is saying STEAM review is about Bugs! Steam topic are about AGENDA and forced NUDITY!  :lol:

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

The heavy SJW and Anti-SJW are such loud minorities. The people in the middle are just playing the game and not bothering to type a reply to them.

FLIRTING PACK DLC WHEN? For $2, add 15 different flirt to every companion that can boost their relationship.

• Like 3

I'm currently trying on purpose to get negative -2 reputation to unlock the achievement for berath's boon points, so uh any tips on that?

I might have made mistake with picking the "Everything bad" preset since it sounds like Aloth is easiest one to annoy :D All new companions are kind of hard to annoy because all of them have good sense of humor and only Xoti has three negative biases

Anyway on side note with this "only new characters because all old characters are dead" preset, I noticed that Xoti also starts to easily hate Tekehu because she also has negative bias towards irresponsibility and most of Tekehu's interactions with locals in the city are about him hiding from his duty xP