lol I've never gotten those crew events. I just get the gambling, fish and ondra events constantly. I guess it's because I keep my morale super high.

same here , wonder if moral has really something to do about it . Or maybe how you deal with the crew . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I keep my morale high because I cheated in a bunch of good food, so it's not because of low morale I got that.

I also get the rotten fish, dart board and Ondra events more than anything else.

Edited by Tamyn
  • Like 2

I keep my morale high because I cheated in a bunch of good food, so it's not because of low morale I got that.

I also get the rotten fish, dart board and Ondra events more than anything else.

good to know..cose I wanna see that  now you told us!  :biggrin:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Those events are kinda obtuse to me, i don't know.

Like the plague ships?

What are you even supposed to do? Even when i have >100 medicine the only option i have is to either attack them or to say "we dont have any medicine for you" and leaving.

Like the plague ships?

What are you even supposed to do? Even when i have >100 medicine the only option i have is to either attack them or to say "we dont have any medicine for you" and leaving.

you get XP from those..don't you ? 

XP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! y'know..the bloood of every game! lol 

Elderly Hive Dweller

Like the plague ships?

If I'm nice I do the bringing them aboard and curing them because it gives sailor xp. If I'm evil I just loot.

• Like 1

I've had the drunken deckhand trying to sleep with the Watcher.  The knife throwing, and Ondra events the most.  Crew's moral is maxed, with a steady diet of fruit and ale.  I think some of the events are based around the personality of the crew.  I've had a few of them get into arguments that needed to be settled.

Edited by Midian13

Like the plague ships?

If I'm nice I do the bringing them aboard and curing them because it gives sailor xp. If I'm evil I just loot.

But how do you bring them aboard? I don't get the option, i can only tell them that i don't have the resources (no matter how many resources i actually have)

Like the plague ships?

But how do you bring them aboard? I don't get the option, i can only tell them that i don't have the resources (no matter how many resources i actually have)

you do it trough dialogue . 

Like 'Inspect them ' then get the 'They are all sick!' ..and then you can choose to help them . It's also a dialogue , you won't see them on your ship .

Beware though ! when you do that , you lose moral and get a chance for your crew to catch it . 

which is alot of fun in it's own way lol 

• Like 2

Elderly Hive Dweller

Like the plague ships?

Do you have a surgeon on board?  Are they set in the proper slot?

Like the plague ships?

Do you have a surgeon on board?  Are they set in the proper slot?

Vithrack Surgeon no less!

Ah. I had same problem and also had Big Mouth as surgeon.

I think I now know why we weren't able to help plague ship people: Its because Big Mouth has only wilder tag and as you can see from that thread where someone did datamine on dialog options, wilders never have event unique tags. So presumably you aren't trusting plague ridden folk to creepy spider surgeon unable to speak aedyran <_<

I hope I'm wrong there, but I never remember Big Mouth being mentioned in ship events

Edited by BrokenMask
  • Like 2

Ah. I had same problem and also had Big Mouth as surgeon.

I think I now know why we weren't able to help plague ship people: Its because Big Mouth has only wilder tag and as you can see from that thread where someone did datamine on dialog options, wilders never have event unique tags. So presumably you aren't trusting plague ridden folk to creepy spider surgeon unable to speak aedyran <_<

I hope I'm wrong there, but I never remember Big Mouth being mentioned in ship events

Oh...

That could explain why i almost never get crew events.

Most of my crew are weirdos.

It's really disappointing then.

I was really bloody hoping for unique events based on the fact that my crew is basically a circus troupe of freaks and misfits  ;(

Edited by Juodas Varnas
  • Like 7

In a way it makes sense that crew members unable to speak don't show up in crew events and it does make sense they didn't want to spend resources on specific crew members that there is no guarantee that most players would even use them, but it is really disappointing there doesn't seem to be unique events for the most unique crew members(just to note, my crew includes Big Mouth, Mother Sharp-Stone, Birta, Worthless Idiot and Copperhead :D I'm into collecting the biggest weirdoes too)

Like the plague ships?

That sounds like a bug. I usually get the benevolent/cruel options regardless.

Guest Ontarah

They need to sort that "Aloth hates all jokes on principal" thing, if it's a thing, because 1) it's inane and 2) he totally laughs at various jokes you make in POE1. He's totally down for some "these people are uncultured swine" jokes.

Edited by Ontarah

I do wish there were more LGB characters outside of the party. Judging by everyone's behaviour, nobody in Eora seems to have a problem with same-sex relationships, so I'd expect to see a few around and about. I haven't run across any yet, although it's possible I've missed something somewhere.

Are you sure? There are so many instances and innuendos, that I assume everyone in Eora is basically free to love whoever they want.

Especially if you take Tekehu with you, it feels like he banged 1/2 of the city and the other half is on his to-do list. :D

They need to sort that "Aloth hates all jokes on principal" thing, if it's a thing, because 1) it's inane and 2) he totally laughs at various jokes you make in POE1. He's totally down for some "these people are uncultured swine" jokes.

I can confirm that he doesn't hate ALL jokes. I literally went with open console and checked his disposition after a couple of joke-y conversations, it doesnt change, he just stays neutral to them. It depends on the type of joke you are saying, if its just making fun of people its fine, if the joke goes into irresponsible territory - like telling Tekehu to shirk his duties and go to the bathhouse, then he disapproves.

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 2
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

I do wish there were more LGB characters outside of the party. Judging by everyone's behaviour, nobody in Eora seems to have a problem with same-sex relationships, so I'd expect to see a few around and about. I haven't run across any yet, although it's possible I've missed something somewhere.

Are you sure? There are so many instances and innuendos, that I assume everyone in Eora is basically free to love whoever they want.

Especially if you take Tekehu with you, it feels like he banged 1/2 of the city and the other half is on his to-do list. :D

Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

now I cannot Unsee......

why did you have to say that ! I be having bad stuff with him walking!

Watcher: *eyeing Tekehu suspeciously*

Tekehu: Uh..watcher , while I respect your tradition..can you untie me now and remove the blindfold ?

Watcher: NO! It would offend the god of Stuck UP! 

Tekehu: *grumble* Barbarian! 

• Like 2

Elderly Hive Dweller

Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

now I cannot Unsee......

Tekehu: Uh..watcher , while I respect your tradition..can you untie me now and remove the blindfold ?

Haha its not bad its actually really funny. Some of his escapades are hilarious, and others are just innuendos towards other people. Come on its Tekehu, he is a walking rowdy disaster.

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

now I cannot Unsee......

Haha its not bad its actually really funny. Some of his escapades are hilarious, and others are just innuendos towards other people. Come on its Tekehu, he is a walking rowdy disaster.

So you say....

But what if start Pointing out peoples !!!!! where is Mah shirt that say 'I DONT KNOW THIS FISH!' !!!!! :facepalm:

I'm more for Xoti and Maia though . 

• Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller

Is Pallegina's quest bugged?

No matter what I answer during that stupid little test, Tatzatl decides to kill Giacolo and destroy his research, then promptly proceeds to attack him during the fight and one-shots him. And after that I have two conversations with Pallegina in a row: in first one she acknowledges his death, in second one she thanks me for saving him.

Is Pallegina's quest bugged?

No matter what I answer during that stupid little test, Tatzatl decides to kill Giacolo and destroy his research, then promptly proceeds to attack him during the fight and one-shots him. And after that I have two conversations with Pallegina in a row: in first one she acknowledges his death, in second one she thanks me for saving him.

Well as I posted in this https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/99140-a-man-of-chimes-quest-how-do-i-save-giacolo/ thread, it is possible to save him(whether you fight them or not), but yeah, that two conversation thing sounds like a bug.

• Like 1

Well as I posted in this https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/99140-a-man-of-chimes-quest-how-do-i-save-giacolo/ thread, it is possible to save him(whether you fight them or not), but yeah, that two conversation thing sounds like a bug.

Thank you!

On a side note, Aloth can't make up his mind, lol. One moment he approves my "no restrictions for technology and research" answer, next thing he tells Pallegina in a banter about what danger projects such as Faune's can pose in the wrong hands. Seems like pro- and anti-Leaden Key flags are off here. 

Edited by CaptainBiscuit
  • Like 2

Guest Ontarah

Also, is it just me or is it really weird that Aloth is "anti-tradition." He is pretty much the opposite of this in POE1. He can't stand newfangled animancy. He shows disgust and indignation when Durance talks about newish technology of firearms supplanting magic. He is sympathetic to the Leaden Key which is basically "we have to maintain the tradition of gods because people will go crazy without them." I really don't get it.

He is anti stupid people generally which includes stupid traditions, but I never saw this as him being some sort of iconoclast or something. He's really quite conservative.