pallegina refused to join the party  ;(

Is this right after you meet her in Naketaka? Because if so, that's supposed to happen

oh! so it is still a chance?

Yeah, you need to progress the storyline and you can recruit her after speaking at the palace and recruiting Maia. You just need to go to the Vailian office and talk to her after. 

Only thing I feel betrayed about is bugged Orlan baby.

I was promised to be a mommy damnit *cries*

I set sail for the first time and there was no sign of Vela. ;(:aiee: 

I thought we forgot her in Vilario's Rest, but on the following day I found her talking with Xerafen.  :sweat:

sign.jpg

Is this right after you meet her in Naketaka? Because if so, that's supposed to happen

Yeah, you need to progress the storyline and you can recruit her after speaking at the palace and recruiting Maia. You just need to go to the Vailian office and talk to her after. 

I already visited the palace and recruted maia, and then met pallegina, ask her to join and get a refuse :c 

Only thing I feel betrayed about is bugged Orlan baby.

I was promised to be a mommy damnit *cries*

I thought we forgot her in Vilario's Rest, but on the following day I found her talking with Xerafen.  :sweat:

Least you saw her as far as the game's concerned I have no baby at all ;(

• Like 1

What did you choose?

I had Grandmaster Aloth in this particular game and I had to convince him to give up trying to reform the Leaden Key. The ending slide was exactly what I'd been hoping for since PoE1 and has (temporarily) restored my faith in humanity. Thanks, Obsidian :thumbsup:

On to Tekehu!

Hey, mind posting that Aloth's ending slide?

I already visited the palace and recruted maia, and then met pallegina, ask her to join and get a refuse :c 

Oof, might be based on your current standing with the trade company or how you talked to her the first time :<

That ending Xoti gets if you break up with her.

Yikes.

I think I got the ending you mean even without actually breaking up with her, just declining her offer. Same with Tekehu. Ending slides are kinda buggy.

Honestly, while I don't feel like Obsidian was being misleading about the romances, I think a lot of us are still very much surprised about their choice to have Pallegina and Eder not be romancable. Especially Eder, since he is a fan favourite, and I'm betting one of the reasons a LOT of people were super excited about the idea of relationships / romance making it into the game.

I guess a lot of people, myself included, just didn't really think he could NOT be a romance option, since he's such a popular character and actually made the most sense out of all the characters. (Besides Aloth and Pallegina). And he has such a great rapport and history with the main character, it's really incredibly surprising that they went that route with him, and really disappointing as well. 

And quite frankly, it kinda felt like a slap to the face that not only he is NOT romancable, but his personal quest is about finding an old flame of his. Like sorry, but that just feels like the writer wanted to rub it in that he isn't really fond of romances in games. Just... sheesh. And if it's really true that Eder can get together with Xoti, then that's just a double slap in the face. 

I get that a writer might not feel comfortable with certain themes, but in Eder's case I really think this was one hell of a bad decision, and could have been easily implemented to make a lot of fans happy. They could have just have one of the other writers pick up on the romance, one who feels more comfortable writing stuff like that. But this? This feels really just condescending and mean-spirited. 

*sigh* Welp, another character to add to my long list of characters I wished were romanceable, but weren't (Got Varric'ed again, apparently) 

• Like 5

Guest Ontarah

(Got Varric'ed again, apparently)

Oh, don't get me started on Varric. I could easily derail the thread with that.

That ending Xoti gets if you break up with her.

Yikes.

I think I got the ending you mean even without actually breaking up with her, just declining her offer. Same with Tekehu. Ending slides are kinda buggy.

Yeah I'm thankful she just never brought it up with my guy. Would've been awkward especially since he got rejected by Eder a few minutes earlier XD

(Got Varric'ed again, apparently)

Oh, don't get me started on Varric. I could easily derail the thread with that.

Oh Bianca.

I really wanted my Hawke in DAI. Snarky Hawke would've went off.

Edited by Ryz009
  • Like 1

Well, if anybody wondered who are the companions that get together in the game - it's Xoti and Maia, of all people  :rolleyes: No love for Eder, literally :)

9oA9MuZh.png

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 2

So when Aloth's quest comes to a close you have to say something along the lines of, "No, eventually the Leaden Key would destroy itself eventually." and that will prompt him to say something like 'Perhaps you are right I will give up the pursuit.' I got his ending with the Watcher traveling together. However, I am only able to raise my companion's affection levels to 2 points when I can clearly see there is 4 points available. Is this a bug? I am worried I missed out on some conversations between Aloth and I. 

Well, if anybody wondered who are the companions that get together in the game - it's Xoti and Maia, of all people  :rolleyes: No love for Eder, literally :)

9oA9MuZh.png

Awww this is actually really cute! I could see a patient and snarky Maia pairing well with the wide-eyed Xoti

So when Aloth's quest comes to a close you have to say something along the lines of, "No, eventually the Leaden Key would destroy itself eventually." and that will prompt him to say something like 'Perhaps you are right I will give up the pursuit.' I got his ending with the Watcher traveling together. However, I am only able to raise my companion's affection levels to 2 points when I can clearly see there is 4 points available. Is this a bug? I am worried I missed out on some conversations between Aloth and I. 

You only get a blue half circle because the other half is for dislike points.

• Like 3

Guest Ontarah

For people who have done a given romance, how much content are we talking here would you say?

A couple of lines only? Do other people in the party notice or care? Does extra dialog pop up in non-romance conversations?

For people who have done a given romance, how much content are we talking here would you say?

A couple of lines only? Do other people in the party notice or care? Does extra dialog pop up in non-romance conversations?

It's just a dialogue or two, very minor. Others don't seem to care.

Huh, so do the two conversations where Tekēhu TMIs everyone with colorful descriptions of his sexual escapades constitute a romance now? o-O

• Like 1

Huh, so do the two conversations where Tekēhu TMIs everyone with colorful descriptions of his sexual escapades constitute a romance now? o-O

To be fair he later tells you why he did that.

I never saw her again after leaving Vilario's Rest. Couldn't find her anywhere on the ship. I have no idea what happened.

Eder had a romance-related dialogue with Aloth, but that's the only one I've come across so far.

Edited by Tarlonniel

Has anyone playing a female watcher managed to fully test Eder? Is he for certain off limits or is he just "hard to get"?

People have been datamining - neither Éder nor Pallegina are romance options. Aloth, Maia, Tekehu and Xoti are, and I think it's possible to have a fling with Serafen?

Has anyone playing a female watcher managed to fully test Eder? Is he for certain off limits or is he just "hard to get"?

People have been datamining - neither Éder nor Pallegina are romance options. Aloth, Maia, Tekehu and Xoti are, and I think it's possible to have a fling with Serafen?

I saw the datamining...I was just hoping maybe someone had tried it with a F!Watcher, I mean *sometimes* the dataming is wrong.  Serafen is adorable but no...lol Looks like it may be between Aloth and Tekehu (who is oddly tempting!). Also, LOVE your name :)