The relationship system is bugged, like I imagined, they confirmed it in a post on reddit.. That's why Maia and Tekehu's romance conversation triggers so fast. And probably why Xoti and Pallegina will start arguing with each other when you just recruited her 5 minutes ago.

No idea whether it will be fixed or not in the upcoming patch.

Huh Tekehu's being rather fast made sense to me though :p I hope it's not tweaked too much.

• Like 1

Huh Tekehu's being rather fast made sense to me though :p I hope it's not tweaked too much.

Indeed - Maia being slowed down considerably would make a lot of sense, but I hope they don't stop the pretty fishboy from flinging himself straight at you. Given the stories he tells (and the stories that apparently get told about him all over Neketaka) it's completely in character for him to basically open with 'we'll bang, OK?'

• Like 3

Regarding developer integrity/‘backbone’ etc, I’d just like to point out that fanservice is not inherently bad. Badly written fanservice is bad.

In fact, in the case of an Eder romance, this was a perfect opportunity for positive fanservice. He’s considered attractive. He’s single. He’s the most popular returning companion with a pre-established relationship with the player character. It’s far more contrived and forced for him to NOT be a romance than for him to just be one. That’s really my issue. It comes across that he was left out BECAUSE people wanted and expected it (and with a half-arsed and apparently contradictory in-game reasoning to boot) and it just makes me roll my eyes a bit. It feels more about the writer than the character.

• Like 8

What are people going on about? Backer update 13 is very specific. Relationships is not only romancing. Nobody said that you could or should romance everybody. Obsidians communication is crystal ****ing clear guys. Each companion relationship is unique and ends in different ways. That doesn't mean they'll all end on your ****. It's not vague at all. It has all been explained.

Josh states, and I'm quoting:" The important thing that I want to stress here is that, each companion relationship is unique, and should develop in an appropriately unique way. We're not trying to set out to say, we're gonna have this many relationships of this type, or this many relationships of another type." 

That is super easy to understand. You gotta be really horny to interpret that as a promise to smash eveybody. If anybody feels betrayed at this point, they should have paid closer attention.

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 4

Only thing I feel betrayed about is bugged Orlan baby.

I was promised to be a mommy damnit *cries*

Don't worry ma'am! Your kid will be patched back into the game next tuesday. ^_^

• Like 1

I'm feeling a bit betrayed by Aloth being crabby and sinking my disposition with him just from being around the religious types :getlost: Like c'mon Al, please at least try to tolerate the presence of healers without getting salty at my Watcher :[

Wait is that why he's permanently at 0 with me? It explains so much. It really really doesn't help that my Eder is bugged to be religious and anti-religious at the same time making him look like he really can't make his mind up. XD

Don't worry ma'am! Your kid will be patched back into the game next tuesday. ^_^

:D

Edited by Ryz009
  • Like 3

I feel somehow lost. People are saying here that Maia and Tekehu flirt with them almost after 10 minutes. I do not seem to see that in my playthrough and I am not locked to any romance/flirt yet. Also I do not see a way to flirt romance Aloth and I am like after 12 hours of in game play. And it does not matter how many positive reactions I get from him during conversation his relationship with my watcher is still on 0. Anyone had a same problem? Is that a bug?

I'm feeling a bit betrayed by Aloth being crabby and sinking my disposition with him just from being around the religious types :getlost: Like c'mon Al, please at least try to tolerate the presence of healers without getting salty at my Watcher :[

Wait is that why he's permanently at 0 with me? It explains so much. It really really doesn't help that my Eder is bugged to be religious and anti-religious at the same time making him look like he really can't make his mind up. XD

I suspect so, although I haven't yet seen a comprehensive confirmation of the extent of the bugs. I also noticed that the description on his 'Painted Masks' quest (I've only it as far as him saying he'll give details later cause I've been side-questin' in Neketawa) says something about him struggling to turn the Leaden Key to good use, but the save I imported had him dismantling them, and the first few convos with him were about how difficult it was to track down their agents. So I wonder if he's weirdly stuck between his two endgame states from the first game :ermm:

Plus his reputation section on him says something about liking benevolent authority or something. I dunno seems a bit off?

Edit: Just checked my game, and his Likes list both "Autonomy: Aloth believes that kith should have the freedom to determine their own futures..." as well as "Stewardship: Aloth believes in benevolent authoritarianism."  I mean... those sound pretty opposite to me?

Edited by Sylph_14
  • Like 1

I dont think anyone is saying Obsidian mislead us about being able to romance Eder specifically. However, they chose to include romamces and also chose to deliberately exclude him and gave a lame excuse in game too. Hes the obvious choice for a romamce and a lot of people wanted and expected it. I honestly dont think it matters what the writer wanted to write. This is a product for consumers, who also happen to be backing the developmemt.

If you have a female character and want a straight romance what are your options. Serafen isnt a full romance, Tekehu was in my party literally 5 minutes and I already hate him. And Aloth? I feel like that would be like romancing my brother. I only see him as a really good friend to the watcher. Eder should have been included because its the only one that makes sense or gives straight females a decent option considering he kind of hit on you in the first game too.

• Like 6

Yes, he does. It's pretty short though. Most of them are just a line or two, and relatively vague and open ended. Xoti's are the most detailed.

Could you help me with Xoti romance?

How is it initiated? Maia and Tekehu have both initiated a romance conversation shortly after they acquired positive dispositon with me, but not Xoti. Should I advance her quest in order for the romance to be initiated? Do you know when and how is it supposed to trigger?

What did you choose?

I had Grandmaster Aloth in this particular game and I had to convince him to give up trying to reform the Leaden Key. The ending slide was exactly what I'd been hoping for since PoE1 and has (temporarily) restored my faith in humanity. Thanks, Obsidian :thumbsup:

On to Tekehu!

• Like 6

I suspect so, although I haven't yet seen a comprehensive confirmation of the extent of the bugs. I also noticed that the description on his 'Painted Masks' quest (I've only it as far as him saying he'll give details later cause I've been side-questin' in Neketawa) says something about him struggling to turn the Leaden Key to good use, but the save I imported had him dismantling them, and the first few convos with him were about how difficult it was to track down their agents. So I wonder if he's weirdly stuck between his two endgame states from the first game :ermm:

Plus his reputation section on him says something about liking benevolent authority or something. I dunno seems a bit off?

Edit: Just checked my game, and his Likes list both "Autonomy: Aloth believes that kith should have the freedom to determine their own futures..." as well as "Stewardship: Aloth believes in benevolent authoritarianism."  I mean... those sound pretty opposite to me?

Yeah that's pretty much exactly what happened to me with Eder. Major bummer.

Hm my Leaden Key Aloth has the same thing with autonomy and stewardshipness. Which is weird because the whole point of him leading the Leaden Key was to keep the secret of the gods but without being a douchecanoe about it. Basically seems like one of them should be red if he's one or the other but they're blue instead.

Edited by Ryz009

pallegina refused to join the party  ;(

Is this right after you meet her in Naketaka? Because if so, that's supposed to happen

oh! so it is still a chance?

Edited by hatshepsut