Apparently you can romance Aloth so that german review is at least partly wrong.

Oooh was this shown on a stream? I've seen another reviewer say that they couldn't romance Eder nor Aloth, so I'm wondering if they are just harder to romance in general or something. 

Someone just mentioned it in a chat, they were playing as a female.

Just to clarify - they play as a female and can romance Aloth (or Eder) or they play as a female and have no opportunity to do this?

I just finished an Aloth romance run as a female Watcher, so that's definitely possible. I was a little confused - I couldn't get his relationship wheel past the halfway mark. I'm not sure if that was intended, or a bug, or what. And I'm wondering if there are other endings than the one I got. Further research is required. Tomorrow, after sleep.

So it looks like it's just Edér and Pallegina who aren't available?

(I can report that Maia definitely likes women. She hit on my PC, although my character didn't take her up on the offer. Good news for a completely different lady Watcher who will be into her, though!)

I just finished an Aloth romance run as a female Watcher, so that's definitely possible. I was a little confused - I couldn't get his relationship wheel past the halfway mark. I'm not sure if that was intended, or a bug, or what. And I'm wondering if there are other endings than the one I got. Further research is required. Tomorrow, after sleep.

It might be that the left half of e wheel is for negative relationships. I got to -1 with Eder with one action at the beginning of the game. It's rather annoying, because he now whines whenever he does a bark. And his whiny barks now override all other voices when I group select despite not having him in the first position.

You get the chance to flirt with Pallegina, but she rebukes you pretty bluntly and is irritated that you would do that.

That's just sad. She seems too consumed with loyalty to the ducs and hating on the gods.

Since she was my only love interest on the cast, I personally will probably exchange her for Serafin to forget all about it with some colorful swearing...

• Like 1

You get the chance to flirt with Pallegina, but she rebukes you pretty bluntly and is irritated that you would do that.

That's just sad. She seems too consumed with loyalty to the ducs and hating on the gods.

I think that's called "being a Paladin."  If she were any less than "too consumed" with the things she believes in, her belief probably wouldn't be strong enough to generate magical powhahs.

• Like 5

Apparently you can romance Aloth so that german review is at least partly wrong.

Oooh was this shown on a stream? I've seen another reviewer say that they couldn't romance Eder nor Aloth, so I'm wondering if they are just harder to romance in general or something. 

Someone just mentioned it in a chat, they were playing as a female.

Thanks for the clarification! 

Yay! Wasn't too interested in the new two guys for this particular PC, so I'm glad to hear it. 

I'll update the first post with the information from the thread. Please let me know if I make any mistakes.

So far I think we have this:

Male Watcher:

- Xoti

-Tekehu

Female Watcher:

- Maia Rua

- Tekehu

- Aloth

Cohh romanced Xoti as male Watcher, so yeah. Pallegina seems to be uninterested (?). What about Serafen?

Edited by Aramintai

That's just sad. She seems too consumed with loyalty to the ducs and hating on the gods.

I think that's called "being a Paladin." If she were any less than "too consumed" with the things she believes in, her belief probably wouldn't be strong enough to generate magical powhahs.

Ugh. Terrible paladin stereotypes. This class needs to die in a fire if even in non-D&D games characters with the paladin tag aren't allowed to be people first, rather than one dimensional tropes.

• Like 1

Oh, so you can't romance Maia as a male watcher?

Bummer.

I've not even found her in-game yet, but i guess i'm not exactly in a rush anyway.

We don't know that. She is interested in women, but there is no confirmation about men yet.

If you find out, do tell us. :yes:

sign.jpg

Ya know, when I donated to the kickstarter to help reach the relationship tier, it never occurred to me that they would choose not to make Eder or Pallegina a romance option. It just seemed to make more sense that you would get to build up from your relationship in the first game. I guess they never made any promises but its still a jerk move. 

I guess since my first two picks are out that leaves Maia. She better be awesome or my Watcher is gonna die a single cat lady.  

I saw on another thread that Maia is bi with a preference for women, and Xoti is bi with a preference for men. So they can be romanced by either gender. 

Ya know, when I donated to the kickstarter to help reach the relationship tier, it never occurred to me that they would choose not to make Eder or Pallegina a romance option. It just seemed to make more sense that you would get to build up from your relationship in the first game. I guess they never made any promises but its still a jerk move. 

I guess since my first two picks are out that leaves Maia. She better be awesome or my Watcher is gonna die a single cat lady.  

I saw on another thread that Maia is bi with a preference for women, and Xoti is bi with a preference for men. So they can be romanced by either gender.

I'll add that to the first post.

That's just sad. She seems too consumed with loyalty to the ducs and hating on the gods.

Since she was my only love interest on the cast, I personally will probably exchange her for Serafin to forget all about it with some colorful swearing...

Maybe it's harder to start a romance with her. That could actually make it more interesting.

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 1

sign.jpg

Aloth knows one of the male prostitutes in the brothel (they studied together) and the convo implied that this guy propositioned Aloth and was rejected. Gave me a "no homo" vibe but it's not exactly proof either way. Got a simmilar vibe from Pellagina if you ask her about Meheha. I haven't tried to romance either though.

I think that's called "being a Paladin."  If she were any less than "too consumed" with the things she believes in, her belief probably wouldn't be strong enough to generate magical powhahs.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or intended, but in my PoE 1 save she ended up banished, and in my playthrough the NPCs mentioned she was banished and her task in PoE 1 didn't work etc. But she still ended up working for the ducs and even have five sun as subclass(even the symbol is scratched from her armor).

Also Xoti seems romanceable for my female Watcher, so is Maia. Although I haven't been able to find the food for her bird yet. The companion relationship system seems a little broken at the time, with the relationship points gain a little too fast.

I recruit Maia, 10 min and two talks with NPCs later she has one positive relationship point with my wathcer and trigger a flirt conversation. Similar things happens with Pallegina, recruit her, talk to her once and Xoti suddenly has a breakdown and saying she has had enough with Pallegina constantly talking **** about her religion.

Edited by jf8350143

I'm not sure if it's a bug or intended, but in my PoE 1 save she ended up banished, and in my playthrough the NPCs mentioned she was banished and her task in PoE 1 didn't work etc. But she still ended up working for the ducs and even have five sun as subclass(even the symbol is scratched from her armor).

What did you do with the souls? If she disobays the ducs orders but you choose to distribute the soul essense to strengthen the people of the Dyrwood (galawain's choice) the deal she negotiated ends up benifiting the republics in the long run and she recieves a pardon. So I assume either you did that or there is a bug where whatever you did was replaced with that outcome.

What did you do with the souls? If she disobays the ducs orders but you choose to distribute the soul essense to strengthen the people of the Dyrwood (galawain's choice) the deal she negotiated ends up benifiting the republics in the long run and she recieves a pardon. So I assume either you did that or there is a bug where whatever you did was replaced with that outcome.

She joined Kind Wayfarers in the ending. So not sure what happened, could be a bug since the save import at the moment is buggy as hell.

On one hand, I'm happy that it looks like Aloth is romanceable for a female watcher; on the other hand, I'm saddened that it looks like Eder isn't, especially since I was hoping to put my current watcher that I'm playing through the first game again with, with him. Ah well, I'll just have to use my imagination then.

• Like 1

Aloth knows one of the male prostitutes in the brothel (they studied together) and the convo implied that this guy propositioned Aloth and was rejected. Gave me a "no homo" vibe but it's not exactly proof either way. Got a simmilar vibe from Pellagina if you ask her about Meheha. I haven't tried to romance either though.

The prostitute guy was one of his schoolmates in the magic school. That whole convo gave me "Aloth was and is a clueless, babbling nerd" vibe, but that's nothing new. It was funny. Don't ever change, Aloth :) 

Honestly, I wasn't expecting Pallegina to have a romance, because she's Josh Sawyer's character and he hates romances. So if she doesn't have one I'm not surprised.

Not sure about Eder though. Has anybody finished his quest and found his past lover? Cuz that thing seems to be gnawing at him, even though there was an option to flirt with him. Maybe the quest needs to be finished first to start anything with him?

Also, it seems that most of the romances are bi? Tekehu, Xoti, Maia...What the ef  :rolleyes: But whatever.

• Like 2

I got that impression as well during a dialogue with Aloth where it came up. So he must be a viable option. Eder is fending of Xoti and it is funny to listen to, not sure if he is an option. The interpersonal relationships give it a nice twist and make me weigh my choices much more.