They have no excuse for release because...

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (i needed that)

I understand there is Pacific hell Wraeclast time.

BUT : 

1) It's not even multiplayer they can't say "we need to handle the release and avoid too many people connecting on the servers" because there ARENT ANY SERVER !!!

2) Don't worry there is a countdown : OR NOT 

You could have put one on your website (fortunately now i know from steam that the game is available in 18,5 hours). 

3) And the game released the 8th May but not even midnight Pacific time it would be nice you know to wake up on the morning at 9am drink coffee and play (ithe 8th May is a public Holiday   in most European country so no need to take a day off its the perfect day to start a good RPG)

But no its released at 10 am so 7pm here in Europe and the 9th in Australia. 

4) Just click a damn button and release the Kraken.

Thanks for your great game i can't wait

Peace out ! 

Blame steam. They've normalized release times for the most part.

And somewhat sensibly so, since it helps to release things during work hours in case something goes unexpectedly pear-shaped.

• Like 2

I like the time it's being released because it's gonna be 2pm where I am. So I can get up, have my breakfast, go to class, have lunch, go back home and then Deadfire will launch shortly afterwards.

Admittedly if it was released later I'd be bummed out too. As it is I have plenty of time to play it tomorrow though.

Edited by taviow

since it helps to release things during work hours in case something goes unexpectedly pear-shaped.

This. Beta and early access will have found some bugs, but nothing compares to having ravening hordes gaining access and trying a million combinations at once.

10am PST gives them time to get into work, have their coffee and prepare themselves for the veritable flood of bug reports that come in ;)

• Like 2