Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about making my player character a Paladin, but, I'm spoiled for choice, hence, I'm stuck not knowing what to pick. So I turn to you guys. What are some of the best Paladin builds out there and how would you build them? (Stat-wise/background etc.) They can be pure builds, multi-class ones I don't really mind.

Thanks in advance and I'm eagerly awaiting what you guys can come up with.

I've narrowed it down to Bleak Walker + something, but I'm unsure what the best choice would be. I've seen people recommend everything from Chanters to Cyphers to Barbarians. But everyone seems to agree dual wielding is the way to go.

So, what is the best build in your opinions for a Bleak Walker + ? and how would you build them stat-wise and on which abilities/talents/equipment would you focus?

I'm really tempted to go Bleak Walker+Berserker. My plan is to have most of my party ranged and at front have Eder and me. Now with frenzy the confusion won't be an issue once I get Mentall Fortress. My only concern is how much will the frenzy effect Eder? What's the range and is it possible for me to angle it so that it only touches enemies?

It's times like this I really wish they added a 'war room' feature where you can make random classes in a sandbox (only accessible from main menu) and try out different things.

My MC will be a bleakwalker/cipher(soulblade), however im not following the minimax image precisely, he will be a great sword user and dual pistols. just for my own enjoyment, i was also thinking of rapiers to mind but i will settle with greatsword as it will benefit more from being my focus for all my buffs, atleast thats my hopes.

Stat wise he will be allmost equal on might/dex but with perception as highest stat with a few points in cons and 10 int along with lowest resolve i can choose he is a dps guy and my party will be running with a tank(pallegina crusader) with a summon/buff focused group. theurge/howler/pure priest. my plan is heavy cc to enable my army to really let rip.

My MC race will be mountain dwarf/old vaila/artist and he will focus mostly on the core skills i plan for him with alot of passives, reason i wont go max mig is i would prefer to have real nice action times and max perception so i can use modals while also being the main target for my groups buffs. basicly i want him hitting with his pistols and greatsword as much as possible.

thats basicly a rundown of what i want but im still fine tuning things and it all could change 2moro.

EDIT: im also torn between battle axes or warhammers or estocs.

Further eEDIT: ok i have decided dual sabre, seems more fitting for a dwarf pirate.

Edited by Iceborg1307

I'm really tempted to go Bleak Walker+Berserker. My plan is to have most of my party ranged and at front have Eder and me. Now with frenzy the confusion won't be an issue once I get Mentall Fortress. My only concern is how much will the frenzy effect Eder? What's the range and is it possible for me to angle it so that it only touches enemies?

It's times like this I really wish they added a 'war room' feature where you can make random classes in a sandbox (only accessible from main menu) and try out different things.

Are you referring to pre-mental fortress? or post? pre... a lot, but it will mainly be dependant on your int / carnage radius. post... none?

Make a separate save, skim through the intro and rush to Port Maje.   Hard save.  Then

turn on cheats, give main character a bunch of XP, then cash and hire adventurers of higher levels.   

A little bit of extra work, admittedly, but it doesn't take that long, and as long as you don't overwrite the base save, it's a permanent lab.

Edited by Voss

Make a separate save, skim through the intro and rush to Port Maje.   Hard save.  Then

turn on cheats, give main character a bunch of XP, then cash and hire adventurers of higher levels.   

A little bit of extra work, admittedly, but it doesn't take that long, and as long as you don't overwrite the base save, it's a permanent lab.

Wouldn't that mess up steam achievements though?

So, how would you build a Bleak Walker/Soul Blade?

I'd think you would max Might and maybe Dexterity and go average on the rest? Mind you, I'm not someone that likes to use a lot of food buffs/potions, so, I don't want to rely on those to make my character viable.

What Talents would you recommend taking that synergise well?