Romance & Companions wishes (NON-SPOILERS)

There is way, way more sex talk in PoEII than there every was in PoEI.

I find it very distracting and uncalled for. My companions want to **** me. My shipmates want to **** me. Way too many NPCs talk about ****ing. There are even nude character models.

For me this is really distasteful. Not in a puritanical way, mind you, I'm a gay rights and sex ed advocate, so talking about sex isn't out of the ordinary for me. But in my opinion the game could have done without it.

• Like 4

But sex is part of human life. :/

• Like 3

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Aside from the companions (I agree it's too easy to make them like you so it may seem like they all want to eat you out), most of the sex talk is done for comedic effect or makes sense in the situation (ie a brothel or bathhouse). The only nude models I've seen are in the bathhouse, where it makes absolute sense for people to be naked. Also I don't believe genitals are showed either if people have problems with those.

Devil of Caroc. That gleaming, curved bronze, her emotionless obsidian gaze.... it really lights a fire in me :p .

I guess this is a joke, but i would honestly prefer her as a romance option to any of those that are actually in the game. Apart from the fact that i actually like her as a character (kinda has the Jack from ME super tough and cold on the outside (literally) and squishy on the inside appeal) i think that relationships/romances in RPG are much more interesting when they are with high-concept characters that couldn't possible happen in real life. How would it work being intimate with a person that can't feel being touched? Maybe she would get angry/frustrated about it and there could be an arc about learning that there is more to intimacy than the physical stuff or something corny like that. Currently all the romance-options are just some dude/girl you could meet in real life on the street, you talk a bit, say the stuff he/she wants to her and get a fade to black. I guess what I'm trying to say is that a romance-subplot like any story needs some drama which is currently lacking and high-concept characters like the Devil of Caroc provide obvious and interesting hooks for some drama.

Aside from the companions (I agree it's too easy to make them like you so it may seem like they all want to eat you out), most of the sex talk is done for comedic effect or makes sense in the situation (ie a brothel or bathhouse). The only nude models I've seen are in the bathhouse, where it makes absolute sense for people to be naked. Also I don't believe genitals are showed either if people have problems with those.

Actually not true, there is blue nude orlan companion.

Obsidian has fetish for nude blue orlan drunk pirate!

Actually not true, there is blue nude orlan companion.

Obsidian has fetish for nude blue orlan drunk pirate!

Well that’s just a bug that’s gonna be fixed, so as much fanart is gonna come out of it, it’ll be fixed.

Still waiting for that fanart ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

There is way, way more sex talk in PoEII than there every was in PoEI.

I find it very distracting and uncalled for. My companions want to **** me. My shipmates want to **** me. Way too many NPCs talk about ****ing. There are even nude character models.

For me this is really distasteful. Not in a puritanical way, mind you, I'm a gay rights and sex ed advocate, so talking about sex isn't out of the ordinary for me. But in my opinion the game could have done without it.

The old I'm not prude but I'm prude-routine, nice. 

There is this problem with developing romance, before developing a character. As most romancable characters are new, and romance is the new companion content it all ends up being rather weak. It’s as if Eder would try to romance you after leaving Gilded Vale, instead of learning about his history, past and brother.

• Like 2

There is no such thing as too much sex. ;)

You'll change your tune when you meet the one eyed kraken. Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The companion stuff is bugged, hence why their first words to you upon meeting them are "Do my personal quest" and "Lemme smash." I've never been courted by any crew members, despite trying my best to flirt with my ogre cook. Haven't come across very many NPCs that bring it up either, outside of the brothels and that creepy old ****er in the bathhouse. The nude models are... Barely visible, and they're confined to the bathhouse (unless you found a nudist colony somewhere). Just zoom out while you're there if it bugs you that much.

Done right, sex can add a lot to story and drama. The problem with sex in Pillars 2 is that it's presented rather artlessly and vulgarly. It's like the writers were trying to prove a point ("We're not afraid to talk about ****ING!") rather than add depth and intrigue to romances. 

Edited by Hebruixe
  • Like 2

Done right, sex can add a lot to story and drama. The problem with sex in Pillars 2 is that it's presented rather artlessly and vulgarly. It's like the writers were trying to prove a point ("We're not afraid to talk about ****ING!") rather than add depth and intrigue to romances. 

Yes, pirates and savages being artless and vulgar in completely absurd and unheard of.