Romance & Companions wishes (NON-SPOILERS)

Previous Thread:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/91930-player-sexual-companion/

Last Post:

I'm hearing that despite earlier claims, most of the companions may in fact be playersexual. Hopefully it's just ****posting, but if it's true that bodes ill for the game's writing.

Honestly, i'd rather not have any romance in the game at all, if that's the other option.

Besides, Grieving Mother isn't in Deadfire, so who even cares about romancing companions if you can't romance her?!

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I think this thread is better suited in Spoilers section. There were already some romances shown in streams and people will want to discuss the intricacies pretty soon.

• Like 4

I think this thread is better suited in Spoilers section. There were already some romances shown in streams and people will want to discuss the intricacies pretty soon.

This is a follow-up to a speculation and what people liked in previous romance threads.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

This is a follow-up to a speculation and what people liked in previous romance threads.

Ok, it's not very clear from the title though that it's only for past romances.

I wish that the romances be the first well written one in video game history. Or failing that, hidden behind enough dialogue that it's easy to pretend they don't exist.

Ahem, you may wanna tone down your expectations. Just saying  :-

I wish that the romances be the first well written one in video game history. Or failing that, hidden behind enough dialogue that it's easy to pretend they don't exist.

Looks like if Eder has a romance it at least fits the latter scenario :p

So that's one ground-breakingly well-written and nearly invisible romance for The Sharmat, one full-on, in-your-face, David Gaider-esque romance for me. Anyone else want to put in an order?

Edited by Tarlonniel

I'd like Xoti and Eder to have an inter-companion romance.

I'd also like a friends-with-benefits-perhaps-leading-to-something-real option. My character doesn't think she wants an exclusive relationship, but what does she know?

You guys are talking about romancing companions and statues, but you aren't thinking big enough. The real question is: Can we romance the ship? I think that may be the ultimate goal of the game aside from the main story.

#BringBackSaltyMast

Edited by anathanielh
  • Like 3

Look we all know you're all after the Eothas statue everyone so you can all stop hiding your true feelings.

But what if he ever becomes not a statue? Can I keep boning him then?

And anathanielh, that Steward romance

Edited by Elarie
  • Like 1

You guys are talking about romancing companions and statues, but you aren't thinking big enough. The real question is: Can we romance the ship? I think that may be the ultimate goal of the game aside from the main story.

#BringBackSaltyMast

I'm going to make the talking sword falling love with my ship, and no one is going to stop me.

• Like 1

#BringBackSaltyMast

I'm going to make the talking sword falling love with my ship, and no one is going to stop me.

We're reaching romance levels that shouldn't even be possible!! What have you done!?!

I just want it to feel natural and not like I'm playing a mini-game (looking at you Bioware). I want to be able to disagree with my possible romantic interest, even argue sometimes but still let it continue down a path. Too often one disagreement with a companion ends any possibility at a deeper relationship and that always felt incredibly artificial to me.

Edited by Vyrulisse

I for one would at least like an Aloth romance (One person on the internet, forget where, I think steam forums) said you could put additional romances in a DLC so that people who don't like them don't have to get them.

I like both Pillars of Eternity and Baldur's Gate. However, I have finished BG more times than I can count (to PoE's one time) for more than just because it's an older game: I can romance characters (granted the only ones I do are modded), but that's because Bioware's romances there, while the best there is as far as official content, fell short of how good modders made them.

I'm going to guess from the fact that no one's done any, that making NPC mods is difficult for this game. Failing Obsidian wanting to do this, give a tutorial in how modders can make one. (I'm a terrible writer, I couldn't write a bad romance, otherwise I'd write ones for Eder and Aloth)

(if the leads are afraid(for lack of a better word) of not doing romances well, could reach out to the modding community, maybe even the one for BG and find out from them about writing a good romance. In my opinion--and I'm sure there are plenty who will disagree--the people who wrote Edwin's romance and Adrian did a good job. Both can be found at spellholdstudios.net. I recommend going through the forums, though (shsforums.net), since the site has long had a bug that won't let you go through more than one link without spitting up a white page that says "Disallowed Key Characters")

So, I was in front of the Queen and it was at this moment that I realise their is ''romance'' in this game when you can say to Maia to stay or let her leave and I decided to keep her and I don't really understand what it changed cause my reputation with her is still stuck on 1 since I invited her in my crew and everytime I talk to her the only highlighted dialogue is: I've been thinking. Let's take it slow and go back to being just shipmates. I search on the internet and people say to do her quest and feed her bird with shark meat, I completed both of them. I helped Hazanui Karu later, but it seems it didn't changed anything.