Hello everyone!

I've been lurking for quite a long, long time, but now that the game's coming tomorrow and I've decided on what character I want to play I could use some help.

My aim is to create a Devoted/Soul Blade multiclass with a focus on a two-handed greatsword. What attributes would you recommend if I don't want to min-max (no stat under 10 if possible) and I still want the character to have some dialogue/persuasion options (a leader type of character)? Is it all even possible? I understand this may become more of a jack of all trades build than a mind-blowingly strong character. 

Thank you for reading this and for your help. 

That's what I'm rolling (though dw), and for a no stat under 10 build, probably max might, split the rest between dex and per. Resolve would be the dump stat, con isn't really worth increasing for a dps character, int is a mixed bag but if you're not planning on casting any cipher spells, the few fighter buffs alone probably aren't worth any point investment, so it comes down to the 3 dps attributes once again, haha. Devoted's extra crit dmg has synergy with perception, dex is just important for dps, and multiplicative might is pretty no-brainer.

Given constraints?  18 might 10 con 18 dex 10 per 12 int 10 res.  Might and dex >> everything else, int is next most important (but you run out of points); everything else at your floor.

Why would you consider int relevant over perception or resolve?  As far as I can tell a Psyblade is almost purely autos and single target attacks, so the only real benefit from int is duration for some self buffs.

I'd go 16 Might/10 Con/16 Dex/16 Per/10 Int/10 Resolve. That's a healthy split without dumping any stats. Dialogue is much more passive skills now (diplomacy, intimidation, bluff, history, etc...), but if you have a certain type of leader in mind, you can safely move the points in Might or Perception over to Int or Resolve. I'd keep the 16 dexterity no matter what, though.

Why does perception score so low in relation to might / dex? Doesn't it give +1 accuracy and isn't accuracy great?

Fighters have actives+passives that give a lot of conversion from Graze -> Hit, and some conversion from Hit -> Crit. So they still benefit from Accuracy, but they can prioritize other stats much more easily. (The PC is still a good character to have Perception on though, just for the sake of spotting everything.)

Edited by Cheston
  • Like 1

You know guys i was very happy when i tested my final build in the beta yesterday, and decided to go with 20 Might/10 Con/18 Dex/10 Per/10 Int/10 Resolve.

Today however i had some time to check the forums and more specific the last patch notes (beta 4)... and we have an attribute cap of 35.

Attribute Cap of 35 - To prevent the effects of Attributes from scaling away into infinity, they are now capped to 35.  We chose this number based on both where we wanted the influence of Attributes to max out as well as what we believed was within the reach of aggressive min-maxers.

So i guess i will go with 16 Might/16 Dex/16 Per, the rest 10.

You know guys i was very happy when i tested my final build in the beta yesterday, and decided to go with 20 Might/10 Con/18 Dex/10 Per/10 Int/10 Resolve.

Today however i had some time to check the forums and more specific the last patch notes (beta 4)... and we have an attribute cap of 35.

Attribute Cap of 35 - To prevent the effects of Attributes from scaling away into infinity, they are now capped to 35.  We chose this number based on both where we wanted the influence of Attributes to max out as well as what we believed was within the reach of aggressive min-maxers.

So i guess i will go with 16 Might/16 Dex/16 Per, the rest 10.

Helwalkers that get +10 might from wounds can hit the cap if they start with max str. Fighter/Cipher? You'd need to get 15 points from buffs/gear... probably not happening.

Any combination of might/dex/per with high might will be good. Might should be the best, with dex and per depending on your build. Like if you get extra crit dmg on gear and like tc are using a 2h sword with the -acc modal, per is prob better, while dex might be better for dw. It'll be very close nonetheless.

I'd go 16 Might/10 Con/16 Dex/16 Per/10 Int/10 Resolve. That's a healthy split without dumping any stats. Dialogue is much more passive skills now (diplomacy, intimidation, bluff, history, etc...), but if you have a certain type of leader in mind, you can safely move the points in Might or Perception over to Int or Resolve. I'd keep the 16 dexterity no matter what, though.

Why does perception score so low in relation to might / dex? Doesn't it give +1 accuracy and isn't accuracy great?

Fighters have actives+passives that give a lot of conversion from Graze -> Hit, and some conversion from Hit -> Crit. So they still benefit from Accuracy, but they can prioritize other stats much more easily. (The PC is still a good character to have Perception on though, just for the sake of spotting everything.)

With this split, or if I decided to slightly alter it to 15 Might/10 Con/16 Dex/15 Per/12 Int/10 Resolve, will all the Cipher spells be still somewhat usable/powerful? 

With this split, or if I decided to slightly alter it to 15 Might/10 Con/16 Dex/15 Per/12 Int/10 Resolve, will all the Cipher spells be still somewhat usable/powerful? 

Yep- as long as you stay at or above 10 Intelligence, Cipher spells are plenty usable/powerful.

Why would you consider int relevant over perception or resolve? As far as I can tell a Psyblade is almost purely autos and single target attacks, so the only real benefit from int is duration for some self buffs.

Yep, you're going to be using Disciplined Barrage and likely some of the deeper Cipher buffs (Body Attunement, Borrowed Instinct), all of which are high impact buffs and debuffs where a bit more duration would be nice. You're also going to be getting a lot of graze to hit conversion from Disc Barrage devaluing perception.

Resolve is still pretty low value unless you're stacking it really high, and perception easy to substitute.

Edited by Ensign

Perception is fine but easy to substitute. Borrowed Instinct for +20 accuracy, 50% graze to hit from Discipline Barrage plus the perception boost. On the other hand might and dex aren't substitutable; might stacks multiplicatively with everything and is even better than in PoE1, and dex improves base speed in a way that also stacks multiplicatively with every other speed increase. Those two (and int) are clearly the best attributes.

On most classes I stop caring about perception as a combat stat once I get access to Devotions; on Fighter I never really care due to Disc Barrage.