Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part IV

"The question would be what god would make sense to associate with such a change?"

Maybe Woedica? She is not in the timeline yet.

My thought as well.

Maybe Abydon as a Plan B?

Rymrgand: entropy is tiring stuff, you've got to take a rest to recover from its effects.

Would Wael make the most sense? Forgetting stuff all the time and having to relearn them while resting.

Ondra's Challenge: you have to do the initial dialogue with Companions after every rest because they don't remember you. All their quests have been reset after rest. You are back to lvl 1 after rest.

• Like 12

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Josh Interview

• this is an interesting answer . - Hadn't heard josh say they were ready to leave obisidian to do kickstarter if obsidian didnt do it.

I really love this interview so far. Right off the bat, we get to learn how Josh got into D&D gaming where he grew up.

This is the kind of interview I'd love to see pinned somehow in these forums.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Interesting quote from Josh

I would say that the original Pillars review numbers were higher than the game merited, but it's true that it's the highest-rated (on Metacritic) Obsidian game. The user reviews on MC aren't far behind. It was for that reason that much of my focus on Deadfire was on refining (or so I thought) things that were heavily criticized on the original game. The press reviews of Deadfire generally said that the sequel was an improvement on the original in most, if not every, way -- which isn't reflected in the final review scores, but that's a common problem that was exacerbated by the original Pillars reviewing a bit higher than it should have. The user scores are lower, but we've worked hard to try to address recurring / common complaints as quickly as possible.

I understand that these types of games aren't for everyone, but I still believe that the core gameplay is essentially the same in Deadfire and that we did improve on the original. Is the story worse than in the first one? I can understand the criticisms of it, but by whatever margin Deadfire's story or storytelling may be worse than Pillars, I don't think that margin is so great to explain a large difference in sales.
Edited by draego
  • Like 1

Saw this in another thread, maybe not everyone saw it.

You know what I find most interesting in that? That he mentions he is a running a tabletop campaign set in Eora. Shows that they actually are tabletop RPG enthusiasts doing what they enjoy. They made the Pillars something even they would play in.

Edited by FlintlockJazz
  • Like 3

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Now Josh is the Lich King in Realms Beyond. The only guy who has supported this pledge in the kickstarter campaign.

Is it true? If so, cool!

EDIT: I just checked. It's true!! https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1063220010905038849

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Now Josh is the Lich King in Realms Beyond. The only guy who has supported this pledge in the kickstarter campaign.

Is it true? If so, cool!

EDIT: I just checked. It's true!! https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1063220010905038849

Sesame-based Realms Beyond NPC confirmed. :p

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden