Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part IV

• Please log in to reply
422 replies to this topic

Sedrefilos

Sedrefilos

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2060 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I had no problems with my save import. Guess I'm lucky.

PangaeaACDC

PangaeaACDC

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Steam:Kill it with fire!
  • Deadfire Backer

I had some issues with the legacy save feature too. The main thing is that Hylea got mighty upset and her underlings decided to take out the frustration on our sails and hull. If that's all there is to it's not a big deal, but I've heard there are more serious consequences with other gods.

These things can obviously be frustrating though, especially for people who take their POE1 character into POE2. Surprised they didn't make 100% sure this worked flawlessly tbh, as it's one of the first things people will notice (chance high for negative 'reviews'). Let's all hope they fully fix it by the next patch, and hopefully make it backwards compatible.

Although consequences haven't been too severe in my case, it's still disappointing and frustrating to see gods and some characters act like you crapped on their lunch when you saved the Dyrwood, even turning down the selfish opportunity to boost yourself with a pile of souls.

In short: It breaks immersion and roleplaying.

Edit: I've had some serious problems though, as in the game has crashed to desktop about 5-6 times.

Edited by PangaeaACDC, 12 May 2018 - 03:52 PM.

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1193 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

The only two import bugs I've had are Eder (he was supposed to be the mayor of Dyrford Village) and the baby that I kept. Not the end of the world for me. Honestly, Deadfire might be the least bug riddled day one game I've played in the last decade.

• farleybear, Big-Ben, Wormerine and 1 other like this

SonnySahl

SonnySahl

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

The two known problems early on is.

Eder being night marked instead of Mayor and the Orlan baby not being there if you took it.

But they have said many other "mishaps" might be there later on and thus you can't know for sure. I don't mind waiting a few days more to get my playthough right. I simply refuse to have a Eder with faith.. I guess you picked night marked.

SonnySahl

SonnySahl

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

The only two import bugs I've had are Eder (he was supposed to be the mayor of Dyrford Village) and the baby that I kept. Not the end of the world for me. Honestly, Deadfire might be the least bug riddled day one game I've played in the last decade.

I think it matters alot to people that actually RP. I simply can't play with Eder having faith.. it ruins the whole immersion for me, but other than that I think the game is awesome, I played 2½ hours, but will reset once the patch is out. I actually can't imagine anyone that likes story and choices being ok with their choices being different

PangaeaACDC

PangaeaACDC

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Steam:Kill it with fire!
  • Deadfire Backer

What can go wrong?

Nothing, I say!

:skull:

Attached File  Navigator Worthless Idiot.jpg   127.54KB   32 downloads

(The best navigator that ever sailed the high seas :p )

• IndiraLightfoot, Ganrich, Andraste and 4 others like this

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1193 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Worthless trying to prove his worth.  ;(

• Ryz009 likes this

Wormerine

Wormerine

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3063 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

The two known problems early on is.

Eder being night marked instead of Mayor and the Orlan baby not being there if you took it.

But they have said many other "mishaps" might be there later on and thus you can't know for sure. I don't mind waiting a few days more to get my playthough right. I simply refuse to have a Eder with faith.. I guess you picked night marked.

There are plenty wrong imports. Wrong quest resolutions, God's misremembering things, returning companions with wrong backgrounds. All kind of stuff. 

Andraste

Andraste

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 128 posts

My main goal for this game is to collect as many weirdos as possible and put them on my ship, and it's going pretty well so far! Not only do I have an imp navigating, but ...

Spoiler

If I find many more excellent weirdos like these, I may need to upgrade my ship again.

Edited by Andraste, 13 May 2018 - 01:17 PM.

• IndiraLightfoot, illathid, InsaneCommander and 4 others like this

PneumaticFire

PneumaticFire

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
For me the import issue was initially not an issue, as it either worked, or by chance so far

*spoiler*

Eder being part of the night market and Aloth being anti Leden Key were my choices.

It was just an issue when I heard the orlan baby (now child) should be on the beach that you initially are shipwrecked on. There was no baby there for my import when there should be.

Can I get a confirmation that this is where orlan baby should be?

Wormerine

Wormerine

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3063 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

For me the import issue was initially not an issue, as it either worked, or by chance so far
*spoiler*
Eder being part of the night market and Aloth being anti Leden Key were my choices.
It was just an issue when I heard the orlan baby (now child) should be on the beach that you initially are shipwrecked on. There was no baby there for my import when there should be.

Yes, I believe that’s the case.
  • PneumaticFire likes this

SonnySahl

SonnySahl

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

*spoiler*

There are major flag issues atm. Yes if you had Eder night marked you would not get the Eder bug and if you didnt "snatch" the orlan baby you wont be missing her. But there are tons of other flag issues and some are not just early game I have heard. I advice everyone that is not far into the game to refrain from gaming until the patch tomorrow. The beta patch fixed some issues but not all, Eder ie is still bugged. So wait for the patch tomorrow.

• PneumaticFire and Big-Ben like this

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2076 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

My main goal for this game is to collect as many weirdos as possible and put them on my ship, and it's going pretty well so far! Not only do I have an imp navigating, but ...

I haven't played much yet, but I can't wait to do that.  :dancing:

Spoiler

The Sharmat

The Sharmat

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 847 posts

Either you're really lucky or you've played nothing but Bethesda games and Dwarf Fortress for ten years.

• Skazz and Elarie like this

Madscientist

Madscientist

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1474 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I better post it in this thread again:

https://mobile.twitt...176490948538368

Q&A stream announced for wednesday.

EDIT: It might be today, on tuesday.

Looks like twitter shows my (german) time, so I do not know when "tomorrow" starts for the one who created the post.

Edited by Madscientist, 15 May 2018 - 01:05 AM.

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1193 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Either you're really lucky or you've played nothing but Bethesda games and Dwarf Fortress for ten years.

I was being literal. I can count on one hand the number of titles I've played day one in the last four years. All of those (Xcom 2, Mass Effect Andromeda, the Witcher 3, Battletech, Dragon Age Inquisition) were buggier for me. 99% of the time I don't play (even if I do buy) day one. I didn't say there weren't bugs, but Deadfire has nothing on what I've experienced on a whole list of day one games over the past decade.

Edited by the_dog_days, 14 May 2018 - 11:54 PM.

• Mannock, illathid, draego and 3 others like this

The Sharmat

The Sharmat

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 847 posts

Of those I've only played Witcher 3. Not even close. Hell I got less bugs in Pillars 1 by a good bit but I understand my experience is rare in that regard.

draego

draego

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 894 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Josh issuing speed run record challenge  :yes:.

Any % World Record: Andy 1 hr 15 m.

welp  :w00t:

speed run 26:25 POTD potd may need a tune up. :)

Edited by draego, 15 May 2018 - 01:08 PM.

draego

draego

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 894 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Josh on captions and criticals 

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage