Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part IV

• 4 weeks later...

Those are the gods' symbols from the Pillars universe. And an altered PoE/Deadfire logo (don't know what the three crowns are for). May be a teaser for PoE 3. *BOOM* 

It's basically "Crowns for the Faithful"! ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Those are the gods' symbols from the Pillars universe. And an altered PoE/Deadfire logo (don't know what the three crowns are for). May be a teaser for PoE 3. *BOOM* 

It's basically "Crowns for the Faithful"! ;)

One can hope but it's a wee bit early for a PoE3 teaser, ekera?

it is the symbol for the triple crown option.

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Magran%27s_Fires

HA! Good Fun!

ps added linky

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Ach crap

it is an odd image 'pon which to focus. if o'er the next week or so, josh also proclaims his love for the triplettes de belleville and shares images o' carrie-anne moss from the matrix, and suggests the following as his fave southern rock anthem , then perhaps there is something more to posting the 'bove image than mere sharing patch adoration.

HA! Good Fun!

ps we would be extreme suspicious if josh shared a lynyrd skynyrd song as a favorite, which would be another kinda tell. insisting the best three consecutive songs on any album release were ziggy stardust/suffragette city/rock and roll suicide might be more in character.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The top one looks like the Neverwinter Nights logo, what did it mean in the PoE franchise?

EDIT: I now notice Boeroer says they are the gods symbols.

Please excuse the quick hack-job, but who wants to bet the patch is something along the lines of?

d1DvsFz.png

Remember how there was some discussion about how "The Ultimate" wasn't going to have a steam achievement, but *maaaaaybe* there would be alternative forms of recognition?  Perhaps Josh has a whole bag of these to hand out to anyone who can prove they pulled it off.

• Like 5

I'm pretty sure the ultimate is literally impossible. You can't have the Eothas time limit AND beat every major encounter in the game

well then, am guessing the bag to hold the patches as eg described will not need be particular large. maybe just large enough to hold josh's other valuables?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the ultimate is literally impossible. You can't have the Eothas time limit AND beat every major encounter in the game

from what I've heard they add extra time for the DLCs for this new version of the ultimate. (when I did Eothas I could probably have done all the vanilla encounters. you are really time-constrained in act 1, but you can frontload a lot of quests in act 2 (nekataka and dunnage focused) and act 3 (to beat ashen maw) and 4 (to get to ukaizo) give you plenty of time, so long as your'e not randomly wandering on the ocean. so they probably will give you extra time when you start a DLC and the DLCs are pretty well-contained. if they don't add extra time for DLCs... well doing SSS's exploration quests is going to be real rough)

and boy oh boy, when I beat the Ultimate for PoE1 I swore off doing it for any other future pillars (I even posted as such here, back when I had only double-digit post count), but if they're handing out patches you bet I'm going to be doing it for Deadfire.

Edited by thelee

Please excuse the quick hack-job, but who wants to bet the patch is something along the lines of?

d1DvsFz.png

Remember how there was some discussion about how "The Ultimate" wasn't going to have a steam achievement, but *maaaaaybe* there would be alternative forms of recognition?  Perhaps Josh has a whole bag of these to hand out to anyone who can prove they pulled it off.

That would be amazing. No way I am going to attempt it either way. 

• Like 1

d1DvsFz.png

Who knows, maybe somebody will find out the best builds/ai settings to do it automatically. It is not like you have much option with Magran's challenge. :p

sign.jpg

Who knows, maybe somebody will find out the best builds/ai settings to do it automatically. It is not like you have much option with Magran's challenge. :p

ok, I might be tempted to look for an optimal build and do it just for the patch, but that would be kinda cheating, no? Undeserved Sawyer patch. But yeah, that's an achievement I can get behind. 

d1DvsFz.png

if this challenge is able to done on TB-mode, then magran's challenge becomes a loooot more palatable (10 seconds to make your action), especially on solo.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Sawyer retweeted this from Art Director Matt Hansen:

"Sure," he says, "I can do layout and typography for your ~200 page RPG book in 2 days. No problem."

I'd say momma didn't raise no fool, but she didn't raise no lair.

So, there's a rush on for something in the coming days.  Seems reasonable to guess that they want to do all their announcements in one go-- the TTRPG rulebook, the final challenge mode, the big patch/update we've been waiting for, and maybe more info on the console release.

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 2