Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part IV

I wish Josh could have made those games completely by himself on a mountaintop isolated from the world with as much time and money as he wanted to. I totally agree with him in almost every aspect be it story or mechanics. OK, I don't like classless systems, but his would have been great.

Edit: All this stupidity made me sad.

Edited by Lord_Mord

---

We're all doomed

Interesting stuff from Josh on SA regarding the ending of Deadfire (heavy spoilers here):

https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/91v32a/looks_like_josh_wont_let_the_watcher_fight_eothas/?st=JK1VKKL4&sh=5bf13866

Makes me a bit sad to see his frustration here. Probably is time for him to move on. I’ll be eternally grateful to him for these awesome games and have a lot of faith that the talented Obsidian team will keep Eora games going for awhile.

I feel sorry for Josh. I think he's doing a great job but he's taking these things too personal. He should just stay clear of it, cause there will always be people complaining about what you have created. Doesn't matter how clear or unclear you've been about things, people will bash away regardless.

Hope he takes a break and comes back doing new great stuff.

• Like 3

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Interesting stuff from Josh on SA regarding the ending of Deadfire (heavy spoilers here):

https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/91v32a/looks_like_josh_wont_let_the_watcher_fight_eothas/?st=JK1VKKL4&sh=5bf13866

Makes me a bit sad to see his frustration here. Probably is time for him to move on. I’ll be eternally grateful to him for these awesome games and have a lot of faith that the talented Obsidian team will keep Eora games going for awhile.

I feel sorry for Josh. I think he's doing a great job but he's taking these things too personal. He should just stay clear of it, cause there will always be people complaining about what you have created. Doesn't matter how clear or unclear you've been about things, people will bash away regardless.

Fame is overrated. No matter what good you do, people will try to knock you down. But I'm sure he'll do fine after a breather.

• Like 3

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I remember this same situation on the old Black Isle forums way back when. I imagine that's why he doesn't show up on these forums. A pity, because I choose to keep my online footprint to a bare minimum and so am not going to go create accounts in all these other places. Whether I agreed or disagreed with him I always found his ideas to be very interesting.

• Like 4

Josh is still destroying all hope :no:

Hahaha

Edit : Thank you for sharing this stuff! I don't have an account there so I wouldn't normally see it.

I dont have an account either. not sure how it works for me. I do get banned every once in a while but after some time it opens back up. There has also been some recent spoiler stuff so i couldnt look for a while.

Edited by draego

Here some other stuff

Count Uvula posted:
It appears they have not  I can only presume it will be fixed in the next patch because they know the exact cause of it due to that one modder and it's kind of a big issue.

The problem is in Unity's C++ code, which we do not have access to.

The magnitude of the problem was grossly exaggerated due to the modder overlooking the impact that a piece of 3rd party software was having on performance. He apologized after he realized what was going on. 

• Like 1

I dont have an account either. not sure how it works for me. I do get banned every once in a while but after some time it opens back up. There has also been some recent spoiler stuff so i couldnt look for a while.

As I understand it, SA goes through phases of being viewable by subscriber only and phases where it's viewable by all. Not sure why exactly.

Last time I checked, it blocks outside views once it reaches a certain threshold. So if lots of people suddenly view a thread, it gets locked for the public.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

To me it's extremely boring. But since I value character development over plot that's a normal thing I guess. I don't like crime/detective novels too much in general. I also loathed the style of language. I don't like anything from Umberto Eco to be honest. Maybe the translation is just bad, don't know...

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

All of Eco's works are basically full of references and in-jokes to one thing or another, and half the fun is figuring out what they are. They're essentially puzzles as much as they are novels. Personally, I enjoy them, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

• Like 4

Eco's biggest talent as a writer, in my opinion, is the clever use of history and literary sources in an inventive way, not his fairly decent writing. It's pretty similar to Dan Brown's books in that regard, though Eco's plots actually differ between books and are more historically grounded.

On the other hand, while I would never say I loathe Pratchett, I never quite managed to get into his stories. They're fun to read, sure, but I've a hard time settling into a story that fails to take itself seriously, though I do admire his worldbuilding, tongue-in-cheek as it is. It's the same reason I never managed to finish Original Sin: The mystery aspect was well done, but when they tried to add a more integrated story to a style that flouts drama entirely, it just fell apart.

• Like 1