Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part IV

I'm so happy to not do the walk again :)

Let's hope that next patch they'll fix the majority of the serious bugs (quest resolutions, dialogues, companions) so I can finally play and enjoy the game.

Edited by Daled
  • Like 1

Skip the intro, Bring back the true narrator, and reactive reputations (honest diminishes shady, and etc) would be the three user interface bumps i really want,

I'm not going to get the other 2. So ill settle for the first. 

• Like 1

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...

I have aggressive and I've got no idea where I picked it up from. Definitely not a dialogue choice.

The particularly frustrating ones are when you are said a thing once, to a god, while hallucinating, and it follows you the rest of the game. 

Edited by Parasol_Syndicate

There's a conversation early in the game (I think when recruiting Xoti) where you're forced to choose between two conversation options, both of which have disposition tags (iirc honest or clever). I'm sure there are more out there, I just noticed this one because I started a new play through last night.

This really annoys: what if I don't want to develop a reputation for honesty or being a smart alec? There should always be at least one disposition free option available. As far as I remember there always was in PoE.

Bring back ... reactive reputations (honest diminishes shady, and etc)

As far as I remember this was never the case in PoE, but I always felt it should be. How can I have a reputation for being honest and being a liar (PoE1), or being both kind and cruel?

As far as I remember this was never the case in PoE, but I always felt it should be. How can I have a reputation for being honest and being a liar (PoE1), or being both kind and cruel?

I think it could work but not in the way system works right now - reputations should be more like in fallout: individual to certain factions. I can be honest and supportive of one faction or town, while completely opposite to another. I do find it odd to get reactions to both aggresive and diplomatic one after another from the same person (it happened!).

• Like 1

I think it could work but not in the way system works right now - reputations should be more like in fallout: individual to certain factions. I can be honest and supportive of one faction or town, while completely opposite to another.

That'd be cool, although the way dispositions work for Paladins and Priests would probably have to be changed quite a bit to make it work.

I do find it odd to get reactions to both aggresive and diplomatic one after another from the same person (it happened!).

I feel like the system was just overused in Deadfire. So often you have five or six options in a conversation, of which only one isn't tagged with a disposition (so if you're trying to role-play a certain way you're often forced to pick up dispositions) and so many NPCs react to your dispositions multiple times in conversations.

• Like 2

There's a conversation early in the game (I think when recruiting Xoti) where you're forced to choose between two conversation options, both of which have disposition tags (iirc honest or clever). I'm sure there are more out there, I just noticed this one because I started a new play through last night.

This really annoys: what if I don't want to develop a reputation for honesty or being a smart alec? There should always be at least one disposition free option available. As far as I remember there always was in PoE.

Bring back ... reactive reputations (honest diminishes shady, and etc)

That was a phrasing issue. Bring back the narrator, and modify reputations to be reactionary. 

I'm sure there are instances of Abe Lincoln bending the truth, or Patton being diplomatic, but they're known for their overwhelming preference for the contrary. 

A character that is overwhelmingly quick to anger should not be known as a diplomat, even if they did pull it off that one time. 

• Like 1

and this

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Huzzah!

now we will know who to blame

There was a decent list of perceived-as-overpowered abilities on the official forums here:

I don't agree with all of it (the ascended buff is just fine!) but it's a good starting place. I hope upscaling weaker abilities gets as much attention as downscaling the OP stuff , but I suspect you've seen my pet peeves there (several Cipher abilities, from Mental Binding through Ancestor's Honor to Haunting Chains, are just flat-out not worthwhile; defensive mindweb should go away on crit not on any damage; )

Josh: 

Some things will come up, but our main focus is on bringing incredibly overpowered bonuses down. There are definitely subclasses and individual abilities that should be stronger, but the general complaints seem to be more about overall ease of combat than the subclasses/abilities that fall short.

Edited by draego
  • Like 2

What’s the narrator hate? The Deadfire narration is top-notch.

I agree on the whole, though I must admit I did stop and LOL after about the 50th dramatic "Ondra says... Magran says... Hylea says..." in a row during one of the later God Chats.

• Like 5

What’s the narrator hate? The Deadfire narration is top-notch.

I agree on the whole, though I must admit I did stop and LOL after about the 50th dramatic "Ondra says... Magran says... Hylea says..." in a row during one of the later God Chats.

Those bits are my only problem with the narration in the game, because it takes me right out of the "moment". Wish they removed them entirely. Keep the text if it's needed, but remove the voice-overs.

As for dispositions, I've picked up Cruel somewhere too, and I'm not sure where. Every disposition is filled up, except Cruel and Shady. And for the most part I've been a goody-two-shoes. Not completely, but mostly.

The thing is, you're almost bound to end up with something like that due to the vast amount of conversation, and presumably disposition checks/accelerators. If there was some kind of ratio instead, we'd arrive at a more "true" disposition representation. More tricky to keep control of than mere counters, though. Maybe something for POE3?

I finally bought all the extra content for Tyranny and preparing for the 3rd playthrough.

I've never played it. Is it worth a go?

I like POE better but it was definitely worth a playthough. i have done one full and a few aborted runs. 

• Like 2