Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part IV

O wow so cool! So they have time for this but not for fixing the game...

Different team. Companion artist/modelers don't bugfix...

So they not gonna test new content for bugs etc? Shame.(Mostly joking. As i said before this is just minor annoyance)

It will take all of two minutes to make sure that Mirke *Nods sharply in your direction* after you recruit her.

What can go wrong?

Nothing, I say!

:skull:

attachicon.gifNavigator Worthless Idiot.jpg

(The best navigator that ever sailed the high seas :p )

Hey, that's my navigator too! He's adorable, and his diet consists of seagulls.

Mine too! Especially since Engrim keeps getting himself injured!

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

What can go wrong?

Nothing, I say!

:skull:

attachicon.gifNavigator Worthless Idiot.jpg

(The best navigator that ever sailed the high seas :p )

Hey, that's my navigator too! He's adorable, and his diet consists of seagulls.

Mine too! Especially since Engrim keeps getting himself injured!

Are you implying you let Engrim go? Madness!

Here's the thing: for me, Engrim's like the one Magranite I actually liked. I mean, teaching Vela how to drink ale? Uncle Engrim may not be the sturdiest navigator, but he's clearly got his parenting skills maxed.

He's like a Durance who hasn't forgotten to take his happy medicine. I, for one, can respect a man like that.

• Like 5

Josh on level scaling fix

thefubsss asked:

Hi Josh. Sorry but another question about level scaling. Will it ever be possible to switch from 'Crit path only,' to all content, mid-game? I made the mistake of picking crit path only and now after 50 hours on vet, all the side content is way too easy and unfortunately, boring. Is it possible that this could come in a patch? Or is it technically something that's difficult to do? Thanks!

Josh

This is something we’re looking into doing right now.  I adjusted the overall ranges of level scaling today.  Programming is going to look into making it something you can toggle mid-game, which will allow it to re-evaluate for scenes you’ve already visited.

Edited by draego
  • Like 3

A bit random, but I was looking through the code and found something mildly interesting.

When you play Orlan's Head, Perception and Dexterity affects your 'luck'.

int num = OEIRandom.DieRoll(100);
if ((bool)thrower)
{
	num += (thrower.Perception - 10) * 2;
	num += (thrower.Dexterity - 10) * 2;
}

Is anyone else getting this bug with AI behaviours where they just do the behaviours you turned off?

You may have forgotten to click save after you turned them off.  You have to do this every time, per character.  If you add like 3 people, change one, change another, change the third, then click save, only the third persons changes actually applied.

Clearly ran into this one myself :/

Is anyone else getting this bug with AI behaviours where they just do the behaviours you turned off?

You may have forgotten to click save after you turned them off. You have to do this every time, per character. If you add like 3 people, change one, change another, change the third, then click save, only the third persons changes actually applied.

Clearly ran into this one myself :/

It wasn't that, I definitely clicked save.

I took a break, when I relaunched the game and loaded my save, everything was working fine...

Nice of Josh to be so candid on a dying niche forum. I know official forums suck but why SA of all places?

Something Awful requires you to pay for a forum account. I'm shooting in the dark here, but I imagine the 10$ (I think?) price tag helps weed out trolls and/or people who just want to see the big man squirm.

In other words, the quality of discussion is probably more to Josh's liking.

Edited by Skazz

FYI. here is the new somethingawful forum for Deadfire and Josh specific posts for for said forum. I havent played deadfire so i didnt want to go through and post specific stuff for fear of spoilers.

I wanted to decrease the overall number of combatants but still have fights with similar proportions to PoE1. We can do both of those things when the party size is lower and that's what we're doing now.

Sounds like they are working on the combat from the ground up, possibly adding new enemies to make them more difficult that way.

So any news on then they gonna fix companions, quest, criticals on some weapons etc? Really like 2 know then i will be able 2 play

The hotfix is out. No word on when the next patch might come out. There is plenty of work to do (difficulty redesign, retaggins dialogue strings for better companions response). It will also take testing. My bet is that it will release with the first expansion, as it did with 2.0 of PoE1. 

So any news on then they gonna fix companions, quest, criticals on some weapons etc? Really like 2 know then i will be able 2 play

The hotfix is out. No word on when the next patch might come out. There is plenty of work to do (difficulty redesign, retaggins dialogue strings for better companions response). It will also take testing. My bet is that it will release with the first expansion, as it did with 2.0 of PoE1. 

"Hotfix" still didn't fix anything i mention. Xoti quest and companion dialogue still broken even if i load saves now.

So i got this game as a preorder and can only play it after 1st expansion... Well this is great.

Edited by Dopsim