Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part IV

For me the import issue was initially not an issue, as it either worked, or by chance so far

*spoiler*

Eder being part of the night market and Aloth being anti Leden Key were my choices.

It was just an issue when I heard the orlan baby (now child) should be on the beach that you initially are shipwrecked on. There was no baby there for my import when there should be.

Can I get a confirmation that this is where orlan baby should be?

Yes, I believe that’s the case.
  • Like 1

For me the import issue was initially not an issue, as it either worked, or by chance so far

*spoiler*

Eder being part of the night market and Aloth being anti Leden Key were my choices.

It was just an issue when I heard the orlan baby (now child) should be on the beach that you initially are shipwrecked on. There was no baby there for my import when there should be.

Can I get a confirmation that this is where orlan baby should be?

There are major flag issues atm. Yes if you had Eder night marked you would not get the Eder bug and if you didnt "snatch" the orlan baby you wont be missing her. But there are tons of other flag issues and some are not just early game I have heard. I advice everyone that is not far into the game to refrain from gaming until the patch tomorrow. The beta patch fixed some issues but not all, Eder ie is still bugged. So wait for the patch tomorrow.

• Like 2

(The best navigator that ever sailed the high seas :p )

My main goal for this game is to collect as many weirdos as possible and put them on my ship, and it's going pretty well so far! Not only do I have an imp navigating, but ...

I haven't played much yet, but I can't wait to do that.  :dancing:

It was really cool when my crew gathered and asked me what we were going to do in the Deadfire. I completely forgot about Eothas and told them we were going to make money by any means necessary.

sign.jpg

The only two import bugs I've had are Eder (he was supposed to be the mayor of Dyrford Village) and the baby that I kept. Not the end of the world for me. Honestly, Deadfire might be the least bug riddled day one game I've played in the last decade.

Either you're really lucky or you've played nothing but Bethesda games and Dwarf Fortress for ten years.

• Like 2

The only two import bugs I've had are Eder (he was supposed to be the mayor of Dyrford Village) and the baby that I kept. Not the end of the world for me. Honestly, Deadfire might be the least bug riddled day one game I've played in the last decade.

Either you're really lucky or you've played nothing but Bethesda games and Dwarf Fortress for ten years.

I was being literal. I can count on one hand the number of titles I've played day one in the last four years. All of those (Xcom 2, Mass Effect Andromeda, the Witcher 3, Battletech, Dragon Age Inquisition) were buggier for me. 99% of the time I don't play (even if I do buy) day one. I didn't say there weren't bugs, but Deadfire has nothing on what I've experienced on a whole list of day one games over the past decade.

Edited by the_dog_days
  • Like 6

• Like 8

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

O wow so cool! So they have time for this but not for fixing the game...

Pfff. Come on. They had it pre-planned. I am sure they didn’t re-hire the actress to record companions barks and the companion Mirke portrait was data mined during the beta. So she was planed months ago. They are doing the CDProject Red trick - free DLC leading up to expansion to keep the interest going. No reason to complain.
  • Like 10

Pfff. Come on. They had it pre-planned. I am sure they didn’t re-hire the actress to record companions barks and the companion Mirke portrait was data mined during the beta. So she was planed months ago. They are doing the CDProject Red trick - free DLC leading up to expansion to keep the interest going. No reason to complain.

I have alot or reasons 2 complain. I cant play the game i pay for. And since they don't even plan 2 fix companion relationships in this patch (Or HotFix? I can't keep up) i will not be able 2 for a while.

This is just a bit of annoyance. 

Edited by Dopsim

I have alot or reasons 2 complain. I cant play the game i pay for. And since they don't even plan 2 fix companion relationships in this patch (Or HotFix? I can't keep up) i will not be able 2 for a while.

This is just a bit of annoyance.

That I can get. Just this DLC has nothing to do with issues you (we?) have.
  • Like 1

Different team. Companion artist/modelers don't bugfix...

So they not gonna test new content for bugs etc? Shame.(Mostly joking. As i said before this is just minor annoyance)

Edited by Dopsim

So they not gonna test new content for bugs etc? Shame.(Mostly joking. As i said before this is just minor annoyance)

A 3D modeler's expertise doesn't lie in bugfixing.  They're not code monkeys.  This is not complicated.

• Like 5

I have seen the Q&A video

- Who was the guy sitting next to Josh?

- Did somebody write it down? Sometimes they were talking very fast and I had problems to understand everything.

Things that I understand and remember:

- First patch is delayed because they found some other bad bugs they needed to fix asap.

- Level scaling will work with the next patch.

- Disposition gain and relationship between party members will be fixed ( I am not sure when)

- At the moment bug fixing has highest priority, balancing comes later.

- Chanters and maybe nature godlikes could get nerfed, but nothing is fixed at the moment.

- Some achievements ( like triple crown solo) will be added later when they think the balancing is better. Those achievements should be a real challenge.

- Josh did apologize quite a lot.

- Please report all bugs so they can fix them.

• Like 2

A 3D modeler's expertise doesn't lie in bugfixing.  They're not code monkeys.  This is not complicated.

And i suppose no one who do bug fixes gona test if it works or brakes the game after modellers a done... Ye it is not complicated (Hint - read part at the end of my last post again. 2-3 times if you don't get it at 1st)

Edited by Dopsim