Any news about Scavenger Hunt and GOG.com Edition?

Hey there,

are there any new informations about the little but nasty problem concerning that nifty Scavenger Hunt and GOG.com users?

I know that there was an older comment from a few weeks ago but since then there was silence.

Just asking because the game launch is tomorrow and comming from fig I chose the GOG key over the Steam key some time ago.... :)

• Like 3

Your not alone here. I know I preordered through GOG, sadly for me

I did this a month before I heard anything about this Scavenger Hunt.

Last I heard information wise was, "They said there are working on it."

EDIT : Wonderful news, thanks for the heads up. Vengeful_Divine.   :)   

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Posted in the codes thread:

"Regarding Scavenger Hunt rewards and GoG users ObsidianEric said this on reddit two hours ago:

I believe we have a solution, been talking to GOG. It won't be ready for launch (most likely) but GOG players WILL be able to get the Scavenger Hunt items or I will die trying..."

Forgive the poor formatting, I'm on my phone lol

• Like 8

Maybe they will still be releasing them with weekly gifs... we still have 2 more companions and 4 sidekicks. That’s 6. We need 2 more.

That would be cruelt though. But maybe that way steam sellouts won’t get access to Pirate Cosmo before noble GOGgers. :D

They could just release a free dlc a day after all the scavenger hunt codes are found. It’s not like we DON’T have a thread with all the codes listed on them that anybody can use for the hunt.

Maybe that’s what they are planning! Maybe they said it won’t be ready for release, because we won’t have all the codes for the release!

qW5D1Dz.jpg

• Like 3

Same boat. The game is amazing, I hadn't had such a good feeling about an RPG since the roaring days of BG2, so it's not a big deal, I'm happy I supported them by buying the explored edition on gog, but a couple of those items (namely, the cannon, the cloak, and the sails) are really really nifty and I am looking forward to them.

I've heard from Aarik that they're still working to make it happen.

However, if that doesn't pan out, it's entirely possible to build some kind of community fix pack.  Let's give the developers a little bit of space to do things on their end, but if it doesn't seem like it will be possible, hopefully we can secure their blessing to fix it ourselves.

• Like 2

Absolutely, they seem to be willing to go out of their way to fix the issue, and I'm for once totally happy to wait and support them.

I mean, worse comes worst I don't see why they wouldn't be able to release the item as a console command for the gog users. Sure, it would defeat the idea of a scavenger hunt but, as anath said, they are pretty much public domain and obsidian was on board with the community sharing the efforts.

• Like 1

Absolutely, they seem to be willing to go out of their way to fix the issue, and I'm for once totally happy to wait and support them.

I mean, worse comes worst I don't see why they wouldn't be able to release the item as a console command for the gog users. Sure, it would defeat the idea of a scavenger hunt but, as anath said, they are pretty much public domain and obsidian was on board with the community sharing the efforts.

For what it's worth, the Scavenger Hunt items are already in the game regardless of platform.  The "DLC" is just a series of tiny notes informing the game to grant the player some bonus items.  

I'm only guessing what form the official fix will take, but the easiest solution would be a offering the Scavenger Hunt items as a free DLC pack on GOG, and bypassing the need to enter the 55 codes in the portal.

• Like 1

Right, I agree with you, that's why I think the quick and dirty solution would be as simple as releasing the console commands, and call it a day. A mini-dlc would be a "more elegant" approach, I guess. You're probably right so when you say that this is more likely to happen.

Right, I agree with you, that's why I think the quick and dirty solution would be as simple as releasing the console commands, and call it a day. A mini-dlc would be a "more elegant" approach, I guess. You're probably right so when you say that this is more likely to happen.

Sadly, there's no console command way of doing things without breaking achievements.  Once you light off 'iroll20s', you start down a road that ends achievements for that playthrough.  If you're cool with that, sure we can build a list of console commands to make it happen.

If you want to earn achievements though..., gotta sit tight for a while.

Minor update: Saving Pirate Cosmo

Mikey Dowling: We think we have something for GOG users and the Scavenger Hunt. We may need your help once more, but I think it'll be pretty cool!

Is it from discord? More codes?

Yes discord.  No, probably no more codes... I hope.

Incidentally, though, I may have spotted #57 after checking out the press kit :p

zX1vM0F.png

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 2