Reroll companions classes, builds and subclasses

Can we build a party of exactly what we want? There is like 1000+ combinations of builds per character, why are we forced to play only with the predefined 5? I want to be able to edit every companion otherwise I will hire mercenaries.

Edited by nemesis205bw
  • Like 1

So hire mercenaries. The point of companions is that they are created by devs, with defined character, story and background which comes with defined stats and classes. There was an idea to allow you to multiclass them however you want (the base class would be defined but you could choose whatever you want as your second class) but with modifications to how multiclassing works it was simplified due to technical limitations as such. 

Maybe modding will allow you to do what you want?

• Like 5

You can build your own companions at any tabern and make thas as you like them.

If you want to use the predefined companions they have their classes limited to a few options for story reasons. 

PD: If you reaaally want to play the default companions and change their classes you can use console commands (AKA cheats) to change it. Edit: (of course you can also cheat ther attributes, and so on)

Edited by Arctic

If you want to use the predefined companions they have their classes limited to a few options for story reasons. 

PD: If you reaaally want to play the default companions and change their classes you can use console commands (AKA cheats) to change it. Edit: (of course you can also cheat ther attributes, and so on)

i will hire mercs....i dont care about pre defined people. dont care about their stories or what they want or how they interract with others. . meh.meh meh meh

i will hire mercs....i dont care about pre defined people. dont care about their stories or what they want or how they interract with others. . meh.meh meh meh

Yeah, who plays RPGs for their stories... pfft :rolleyes:

• Like 2

if I want a story I go watch tv series or movie. I play games like this for the combat, builds and tactics. Its intellectual joy to figure out the best strategies on hard difficulties.

Not the best game nor genre for that, but you do you. Go for merceneries then.

Not as if you can't figure out the best strategies with pre-made companions too.

It's a dialogue/story heavy game too from what I've seen, so you can't easily tune out of it most of the time, looks like.

Edited by taviow

Well... judging from watching a few small snippets of Cohh's stream (don't worry no spoilers) they haven't yet tuned PotD to the point were you even need to min max.

I love Cohh, but good god he has no clue how to play the game. He's playing on PotD, he rarely casts any combat buffs, barely micro manages, uses the default ai settings with some minor tweaks and I think he's only ever reloaded for story reasons.

Lets just say that currently the game is more geared towards story than combat anyway, so you might as well take the story companions and enjoy the content as it was meant to be played. I get the feeling that as in the first game, if you pre-make an optimised full party of mercs, that you'll roflstomp / faceroll the content even on PotD ironman. 

To be fair though, Josh did comment that they will better tune PotD in later patches.