CohhCarnage is just spamming some druids spells with no kind of strategy whatsoever, when the situation gets dire he just spam some healing spells and everything gets back to normal.

The change of the health system make healing spells way powerfull, I can't comprehend the reason to why they changed the decent health system of the first game.

By the way, he is not even using Edér - which can bring a lot of damage if build correctly - he just sits in the frontline doing nothing.

• Like 3

After dozens and dozens of hours in the Deadfire beta, I can at least say that the game will get tougher and more challenging. What you are seeing is early stuff that almost acts like tutorial content.

You'll be satisfied, especially if you crank up the difficulty.

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Well, I initially found the beta tougher than PoE. But then again, I don't play for the ultra challenge. I play for the story and enjoying some difficult battles. I am no way into PotD by any means.

I'm not talking about balance tweks like Josh stated.

"The change of the health system make healing spells way powerfull, I can't comprehend the reason to why they changed the decent health system of the first game."

You should at least read the entirety of the FIRST comment on the thread before commenting anything. I'm saying that the main reason for this easy PotD is because of the new health system. It seems that the lazy here is you.

• Like 1

I like this new system for both health and spells/abilities, personally. The only thing affecting balance with it would be spells being on encounter now, but they can easily balance that up too with how encounters are built. I don't know yet how easy or hard the game will be, though. Difficulty levels should in theory keep everyone happy, and if it isn't currently, it will be eventually.

But the changes themselves, I like very much.

Game looks incredibly easy on the eyes.

No, not on the eyes, I played PoE 1 on PotD and I constantly had to watch out for enemies buffs and debuffs and use spells accordingly, example: the first hard encounter on the PotD difficult, in my opninon, is that final encounter at the Eothas temple, you have a bunch of Skuldrs, at least two of them are Skuldr Kings, in the PotD difficult they receave increased acc and deflection bonuses, my party had an easy time killing the rest of the skuldrs but those two were not dying, because of their deflection my party was not able to hit them, so I decided to use some spells, Armour of Faith + 4 dr-  because they were hitting Edér like a truck -, Blessing for more acc for my entire party, Divine terror to get some of their deflection down and lastly I used Edér's disciplined barrage, Edér managed to kill one almost alone and Aloth+Kana killed the other one. Now what CohhCarnage is doing.

Hey, there is a bunch of enemies, use that thunder thing from the druid, why they are not being stunned? I better use the same spell again! - to be fair this part is mainly because he is not very good but he is not bad at the game either - It worked this time! Oh hey... I'm being melted... heal, heal again, heal one more time, boom done! - this part is where the health system fails - Can you spot the difference?

Edited by molotov.
  • Like 1

I'm not talking about balance tweks like Josh stated.

"The change of the health system make healing spells way powerfull, I can't comprehend the reason to why they changed the decent health system of the first game."

You should at least read the entirety of the FIRST comment on the thread before commenting anything. I'm saying that the main reason for this easy PotD is because of the new health system. It seems that the lazy here is you.

From watching Twitch i have to aggree. It's not only about encounter design, healing seems totaly broken. TBH, the way cohh plays he shouldn't even be able to complete normal. But maybe thats just how games have become. People are playing "for the story", when reading a book gives a much better story. Only a small percentage of players play a game for the "game", so developers neglect that group entirely.

• Like 1

Easy on the eyes means it's nice to look at, graphically/visually.

Oh, I get it, english is not my mother language some things can get past me. Yes I agree with you, I have no complaint about the visuals, not a single one.

• Like 2

No, not on the eyes,

Thanks for the clarification. I feel so dumb now.

What about the rest of my argument? You will respond to 5% of it? Really?

I saw him playing, he is playing a really strong multiclass, probably one of the best out there, and its true that it seams easy some times, but it's mostly against low lvl enemies, so you could enable level scaling if you think that will make the game more challenging for your.

He has hight armor without speed penalty, bonus unnarmed damage, a speed buff with a lighting leash, his own passive lighting leash, and each time he changes form he heals for half hp. Its close in power to a solo run build.

• Like 1

No, not on the eyes,

Thanks for the clarification. I feel so dumb now.

What about the rest of my argument? You will respond to 5% of it? Really?

I'm trying to stay awake as much as I can so when I eventually will sleep I should wake up closer to launch :p When I'm sleepless I occasionally post frivolously. Sorry for the derailment.

I saw him playing, he is playing a really strong multiclass, probably one of the best out there, and its true that it seams easy some times, but it's mostly against low lvl enemies, so you could enable level scaling if you think that will make the game more challenging for your.

He has hight armor without speed penalty, bonus unnarmed damage, a speed buff with a lighting leash, his own passive lighting leash, and each time he changes form he heals for half hp. Its close in power to a solo run build.

Nah, the main problem is the health system, he is just spamming heal spells. The last fight I saw: he was almost dying, then he proceeded to use consecrated grounds, holy radiance and restore minor endurance, his entire party was full health again, just after that he used his build to melt the enemy. After the combat he didn't need to rest and his tank was ok. If it was PoE 1 he would have to at least watch out for his health, which can't receive heals over and over again.

• Like 2

Agreed, shifter has best natural armor in early game. High AR, 0 recovery time. Specially when we haven’t access to these legendary armors, it is god mode.

Both lash from monk and wild strike is very strong. Imo they should tune lash a bit, sadly most lash abilities stays the same as what they were in the first game. But in PoE 1 lash need to overcome 1/4 DR and your weapon penetration won’t help bypassing it, in PoE 2, if your penetration is high enough, you will always do full damage with lash, it’s a huge difference.

Edited by dunehunter

I haven't played the beta but I'm certain that the difficulty doesn't stay the same throughout the game. Keep your pants on and enjoy the masterpiece when it's out tomorrow.

Agreed, shifter has besf natural armor in early game. High AR, 0 recovery time. With both lash from monk and wildstrike. Imo they should tune lash a bit, sadly most lash abilities stays what they were in the first game.

The shifter build on the first game was also that powerfull, but it was a glass cannon, if any enemy wizard focused you, you and your cat form would be melted, in this game you just need to put consecrated grounds and spam any fast cast heal. You don't have your health to worry about just endurance, again I don't understand why they changed the health system...

I haven't played the beta but I'm certain that the difficulty doesn't stay the same throughout the game. Keep your pants on and enjoy the masterpiece when it's out tomorrow.

****ing hell, people don't even read the first comment? Health system is the main problem here, they already showed a end-game dungeon and it was easy because of the constantly heals.

****ing hell, people don't even read the first comment? Health system is the main problem here, they already showed a end-game dungeon and it was easy because of the constantly heals.

A lot beta tester agree that the new health system has some downside, but u cannot ignore the fact that some build is very strong now, all these fact can change the difficulty.

We will see. It wasn't my impression during the beta. I found it more challenging than PoE1, even though I played beta on veteran and PoE1 on PotD.

Removal of health/endurance doesn't really change anything - I remember, in PoE1, there was maybe one or two fights early on that I would run out of endurance, and that's before I learned how to play game. The only change is that you might not have to rest almost at all if you play well, but whenever you rest or not, it doesn't influence difficulty. 

Of course, beta isn't a fair comparison as it's earlier build and not fully balanced (for example we were underequipped). We will see how 1.0 will feel. 

Not sure if you perhaps have reading difficulties or not, but an increased difficulty requires increased healing. 

Nah, the main problem is the health system, he is just spamming heal spells. The last fight I saw: he was almost dying, then he proceeded to use consecrated grounds, holy radiance and restore minor endurance, his entire party was full health again, just after that he used his build to melt the enemy. After the combat he didn't need to rest and his tank was ok. If it was PoE 1 he would have to at least watch out for his health, which can't receive heals over and over again.

Well, when i played the beta if i was a little behind in power i usually got crashed, mostly no time to heal up, if you were ok you can just sustain in easy fight. Not so much in hard, long ones.

It usually went:

Option 1 you win easy

Option 2 you win healling with a hard start and then goes easy

Option 3 they crash you / cc combo you and you cant heal up fast enought 

Option 4 Hard fight and it goes ok until you burn your resources and then you go dawn.

Its true.. that in pillars 1 you have to keep looking into the health, and some times you had to rest or even get out to the tavern to "buy more rests" but in hard fights you will rest before and go with your full hp and stamina, you will have a limit heal amount by stamina instead of just for resources but you will have way more resources in that fight.

So the only real change is that you dont have to break the inmersion to get out of the dungeon, cross the sea, buy more resting items and go back. That will be worse design in my opinion. And players in poe 1 tried to avoid all damage to reduce the number of rests for that reason.

Its just my opinion of course. And you have a lot of ways to make the game harder for yourself if you want, restrict to a single healer, or not using healers .. (that seams a nice challenge), set level scaling on .. or in the worst case scenario, go to the bb_global file and set potd damage from 100% to 150%.

Agreed, shifter has best natural armor in early game. High AR, 0 recovery time. Specially when we haven’t access to these legendary armors, it is god mode.

With both lash from monk and wildstrike. Imo they should tune lash a bit, sadly most lash abilities stays what they were in the first game. In PoE 1 lash need to overcome 1/4 DR no matter and your weapon penetration won’t help it, in PoE 2, if your penetration is high enough, you will always do full damage with lash, it’s a huge difference.

There is no need for tunning it, it is a good class, but you can solo the game with an assasin or even a single class wizard, that does not mean they have to nerf it, is a single player game XD.

Edited by Arctic