No reviews yet? My spider-senses tingle ...

God I really hate near release day poster flood.

There is a review embargo until release day, like 95% of all video games these days.  There is no reason to think the game will be anything other than well received.

• Like 7

If they wanted to hide something wouldn't have given the game to CohhCarnage (and others) several days ago for him to livestream, which he had been doing every day for around eight hours.

I suspect the lack of reviews is down to the length of the game (can't review the story unless you've played it through). My guess is reviewers have had the game for the same amount of time as Cohh.

• Like 2

Is anyone else worried?

I'm worried I might die in 26 hours or I might lose my internet connection 26 hours later, chances are 50-50 in both cases. And I'm worried about aloth of other stuff, such is life. But I'm not worried about the reviews :p I'm just curious.

• Like 2

If they wanted to hide something wouldn't have given the game to CohhCarnage (and others) several days ago for him to livestream, which he had been doing every day for around eight hours.

I suspect the lack of reviews is down to the length of the game (can't review the story unless you've played it through). My guess is reviewers have had the game for the same amount of time as Cohh.

Nah, as Karkarov said, it's really just the embargo. As far as I know, review copies have already been out for at least 1 1/2 weeks.

Edited by aeoncs
  • Like 1

But people have already finished the damn game on stream right? I stupidly clicked on the spoilers forum not realizing that there were people out there who actually know the entire plot of the game already.

Having a spider-sense that informs you of review embargoes must be the lamest superpower ever. 

• Like 10

"Of all the kids in The Breakfast Club, Ally Sheedy would be the first one to sense Cthulhu's coming." -Patton Oswalt 

But people have already finished the damn game on stream right? I stupidly clicked on the spoilers forum not realizing that there were people out there who actually know the entire plot of the game already.

I don't think anyone's finished it on stream. Cohh's had it longest and he hasn't yet.

I've enjoyed Pillars of Eternity despite a number of flaws and from what little I've read and seen of Deadfire I don't expect preordering will turn out to be a mistake (and I went for the Obsidian Edition) but if you truly feel bad about preordering then you should cancel and buy the game once the reviews are out just to be safe. 

The only thing you'll be missing out is the preorder bonus and frankly that's not worth worrying about either. 

EDIT: Post deleted because I regret my sudden outburst of negativity  :blush:

Sorry!

I think you just misunderstood, you did nothing wrong. It's when developers don't release review copies before a game is out that you should worry. Obsidian has already done that and allowed it to be livestreamed. Reviews themselves, however, are almost always released on the day of the games release.

• Like 3

It's a good thing that I could care less about reviews, then. All reviews do is try to sway me one way or the other. I've been here with Deadfire from the beginning, backing the game and giving feedback along the way. I'll be my own judge as to what I think of this game.

P.S.

I'm not worried one single bit.

Sorry!

Your post did not come off as negativity, regardless of what some people here might think. You are right in your assumption, any one person should be a bit skeptical. However, Embargoes are a normal practice in this industry. Usually reviews don't come out till the release of a game. 

Sorry!

I think you just misunderstood, you did nothing wrong. It's when developers don't release review copies before a game is out that you should worry. Obsidian has already done that and allowed it to be livestreamed. Reviews themselves, however, are almost always released on the day of the games release.

I don't usually post emotional clickbait, that's why I immediately regretted it.

I wrote it in a moment of doubt, frustrated by the fact that I just can't soberly wait when a new interesting game gets released...

Has OP been sleeping under a bridge the past ten years? 

Might be selective memory, but I remember some recent releases where reviews were available earlier.

• Like 2

Locking since OP has retracted original post

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man