Only single Island Aumaua portrait?

1 male and 1.5 female. Wth Obs?

Besides Godlike and Orlan they are the only other unique race in POE and you only gave them 1 portrait?

That's just... im at a lack of words here.

Edited by Doxy
  • Like 1

I find it quite a disappointment that Deadfire has roughly the same amounts of portraits comparing to PoE 1. Especially for the Aumaua, because even the portraits mods usually didn't include much choices for them.

Edited by jf8350143
  • Like 1

1.5 Female?

How does that work?

There  are two female portraits that are almost the same, except the skin color.

not almost, but exactly. only difference is that one is blue, the other is yelowish

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

I find it quite a disappointment that Deadfire has roughly the same amounts of portraits comparing to PoE 1. Especially for the Aumaua, because even the portraits mods usually didn't include much choices for them.

They sure included 100 elven and human portraits, which you can find heaps of on the net and watercolor yourself.

But unique ones got the shaft((

I think the main issues is that most of the new portraits are based on real people (FIG pledge level) and few of them requested something beside humans and elves.

Saying, I'm disappointed about the amount of portraits for the not human-looking races (elves are human looking, they just have pointy ears). It's not like you can add custom ones easily like you can with the bazillion of human and elven fantasy based arts that already exist.

• Like 4

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

If you ask me, they coulda gone with less voice acting and just crammed a ton of portraits into the game.

I never cared for voice acting in RPGs, myself.

I like reading.

Well I have to disagree though.

I'm all for more portraits, but portraits are easy to add, but voice acting is not. So you want more portraits, just use mods, but for those who wants more voice acting they can't really use the mods to achieve that.

One big thing with (lack of) portraits- the generic ship crew members use the player portraits.

So you'll be seeing those faces a lot. No idea if it blocks the player's choice, but especially if you hire custom adventurers, you'll be seeing a lot of clones out there on the sea.

• Like 1

If you ask me, they coulda gone with less voice acting and just crammed a ton of portraits into the game.

I like reading.

I don't think Justin Bell or the voice cast can draw though, sadly.

I like reading.

I don't think Justin Bell or the voice cast can draw though, sadly.

I don't expect them to draw.

It's all about the time and money.

And time is money, so it's all about money squared.

Edited by Juodas Varnas