I didn't get to play the beta. Are there still enemies highly resistant to some of these physical damage types, even to the point of immunity? If so, were there any slash immune enemies in the beta? This is a pretty selfish question, since I've decided on a Devoted Soulblade, and am trying to decide between swords and sabres.

From what I've seen on discussions, when mentioning weapons, people usually mention the penetration or speed, is the damage type kinda irrelevant, then?

There are still enemies highly resistant to certain damage types. In the beta, some skeleton enemies were downright immune to piercing attacks. I’m expecting you’ll find more of these enemies throughout the game. (Like blights)

And damage type is still extremely relevant. Using the right damage type can net you even more extra damage with the new penetration system.

Edited by anathanielh

Yeah if you wanna make a devoted best to use a weapon with two damage types just to be safe. Who knows what you'll be up against.

Edit: that being said, if you go for one with only one damage type it'll probably be fine for you for the majority of your encounters so long as your penetration is decent, and devoted characters CAN use weapons they're not devoted to, in the few instances where they may actually need to. Also don't all characters get an unarmed proficiency by default? I'm not sure if this applies to devoted but if it does you could have that up your sleeve also. 

Edited by Riftis
  • Like 1

Yeah if you wanna make a devoted best to use a weapon with two damage types just to be safe. Who knows what you'll be up against.

Edit: that being said, if you go for one with only one damage type it'll probably be fine for you for the majority of your encounters so long as your penetration is decent, and devoted characters CAN use weapons they're not devoted to, in the few instances where they may actually need to. Also don't all characters get an unarmed proficiency by default? I'm not sure if this applies to devoted but if it does you could have that up your sleeve also.

Unarmed proficiency does apply to devoted, so this is also an option if ya wanna go fisticuffs with skelebois

Devoted penalty isn't a big deal. No modal (but on several weapons this matters not at all), and there are lots of accurate weapons. + warrior stance + the accurate bonus for single weapon. Getting around the penalty is easy.

If you do run into an immunity problem, switching to club(s) or spear(s) or dagger(s) will get you by.

That said, warhammer innately pens every armor type of the same quality. Some monsters may have higher, but against kith, breaking out a warhammer solves everything.

Edited by Voss