Is there any place people are gathering save states, for import?

The questionnaire is nice but you won’t get all those delicious bennies you picked up in the first game.

If bennies means benefits, don't worry, you don't get them regardless.

Remember, the game starts with Eothas effectively sucking out part of your soul.  You are de leveled to level 1, you lose all your powers.  This includes all the powers you gained from story choices.

Yeah, but in that case you'll also get them through questionnaire choices anyway. You're not getting advantages from PoE1 imports.

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Apart from you hoping for some antiquated game design philosophy, Big J tweeted that the only difference between imports and questionnaire starting points is minor reactivity.

• Like 2

My Deadfire mods

So... there is a difference? Like actual game content I could get by importing I could get no way else? And you are arguing with me about scale? Just to be 100% sure.

Okay, you win the internets. I concede. Discussion over.

Onto my original question now - is there a place storing saves so that I can access this content?

So... there is a difference? Like actual game content I could get by importing I could get no way else? And you are arguing with me about scale? Just to be 100% sure.

Okay, you win the internets. I concede. Discussion over.

Onto my original question now - is there a place storing saves so that I can access this content?

Not that I know of, and I hope you know Sawyer saying "minor reactivity" probably means like 2-3 events in game where some NPC says hi to you or references some tiny event in a minor way.

They are probably really meaningless consequences based on things like "Did you tell Aufra she had a nice cat?" which might lead to you comparing a Deadfire cat to that cat that they didn't wanna bother coding into the questionnaire.

(Did you, though? It is a nice cat.)

If they left out actual content or power gains based on save state vs. questionnaire, all they'd get is a minor ****storm about how meaningless the questionnaire is and we'd figure out how to fabricate save states and no one would be happier for the pointless exercise.

I don't know of one. But consider just how many ways a save state can be varied, if we say thirty choices, each with an average of four options, you're looking at... I don't know what you call this number, but type 4^30 into Google or your calculator. So such a library would be very incomplete. Better someone figures out how to fabricate save states if you crave to arbitrate cat niceness contests ^^

Edited by omgFIREBALLS

My Deadfire mods

@OP: Apparently you can use EternityKeeper to edit variables and indeed fabricate your own save state. Someone on Discord is having success doing exactly that. Well, the success is measured in the ending slides changing according to the edited variables. Hopefully that means Deadfire will be happy with them too.

My Deadfire mods