I am pre-loaded and ready to go!

Though I kind of wish all the digital goodies were available now. Ah well.

Are we talking about a midnight Pacific time release or are we talking about it unlocks at midnight local time or what?

They have already stated it unlocks at 10am PST on the 8th.  So that is specifically about 36 hours away from the time of me posting this, give or take 15 minutes.

• Like 7

I am pre-loaded and ready to go!

Though I kind of wish all the digital goodies were available now. Ah well.

Are we talking about a midnight Pacific time release or are we talking about it unlocks at midnight local time or what?

No it doesn't.  It comes out about a week after release.

I mean, that's when the first patch will hit, hopefully, and that's when I will play.

*twitch*

I quit using GOG a long time ago and went back to Steam. The idea is great but in my case (mostly Linux user) the implemetation and the features are not up to date.

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I quit using GOG a long time ago and went back to Steam. The idea is great but in my case (mostly Linux user) the implemetation and the features are not up to date.

It really depends, in some regions a preload is just nice to have, if you really want to play on release day. However in some rural areas all around the world, the pre-load is really worthwhile, since you do not need to spend ten hours downloading it on release day.

Before Amazon, Steam etc. it was quite normal not to play on release date, we just got used to getting everything delivered by the time it unlocks.

They have already stated it unlocks at 10am PST on the 8th.  So that is specifically about 36 hours away from the time of me posting this, give or take 15 minutes.

So that will be three in the morning on the 9th for me.

... somehow I am more tempted than ever to stay up all night. I could probably get some cleaning and food prep done.

• Like 1

I'm so excited! I just can't help it! 

I always seem to have bad luck with pre-loads for some reason, turns out its corrupted or the game starts re-downloading it all over again or the last bit it needs to download on release doesn't work... Got good download speeds here so not concerned, plus I'm off for a few more weeks due to my ankle anyway so got plenty of time! About the only two things I need to make time for is my girlfriend and to actually prepare and run stuff for the Roll20 game I am running for friends.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I'm breathing extra hard today so I won't have to bother with it tomorrow.

• Like 3

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Is Obsidian based on the Westcoast? That is really "unfortunate" for a large portion of the playerbase when a a game is released according to the pacific timezone, since almost everybody will get the game later than expected. I've seen some companies release the game the moment the first country reaches the release date and found that UK companies releasing their stuff at 4pm UTC work best for most players. Europeans can play just after work, Australians will get to play first thing in the morning after the release date and the US can play on release date after they got up.

As of now Australians will have to wait 19 hours "longer". I think since the online market is such a strong portion a generalized release date for every timezone would be preferable and less confusing, either by releasing on the release date at a certain time, or by releasing everything at 6am EST, UTC or whatever. But that is still a while away, one has to think about the retailers, too and that video game releases are still tied to other products like Music.

Also used to use GOG, now I moved back to Steam. Whatever the arguments about drm are - Steam just works. GOG, I found is nowhere as efficient or as painless to use.

Preload is ready, but I actually might wait a couple of days to see the response - mainly concerned about bugs etc. Don't mind firing it up later...

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

I usually prefer GoG over steam because of interface (steam sucks), compression (so faster download) and drm free policy, but I picked up steam this time around because of preload.

Anyway, game's gonna be up tomorrow around 8pm here in Greece so I'll be playing it at 9 or 10; a perfect time to start and play a couple of hours to see the introduction stuff. Wednesday the stores are closed at afternoon, that means no work for me after 5pm, so it's a great follow-up ;)

• Like 1

Is Obsidian based on the Westcoast? That is really "unfortunate" for a large portion of the playerbase when a a game is released according to the pacific timezone, since almost everybody will get the game later than expected. I've seen some companies release the game the moment the first country reaches the release date and found that UK companies releasing their stuff at 4pm UTC work best for most players. Europeans can play just after work, Australians will get to play first thing in the morning after the release date and the US can play on release date after they got up.

As of now Australians will have to wait 19 hours "longer". I think since the online market is such a strong portion a generalized release date for every timezone would be preferable and less confusing, either by releasing on the release date at a certain time, or by releasing everything at 6am EST, UTC or whatever. But that is still a while away, one has to think about the retailers, too and that video game releases are still tied to other products like Music.

What? In general steam has normalized most game releases (outside of midnight AAA releases) to 10 am pacific time, Tuesday or Thursday. Love it or not, but it's current normal and has been for years.

Has nothing to do with music (??), or retailers (which have long ceased to be relevant for PC games.)

Edited by Voss

The traffic here is enormous!

Going dark tomorrow.

I was considering making a thread where people can post supposed consequences for PoE1 choices, so that we can get an overview. But hey, if you guys aren't tabbing out for it, neither am I.

My Deadfire mods

It really depends, in some regions a preload is just nice to have, if you really want to play on release day. However in some rural areas all around the world, the pre-load is really worthwhile, since you do not need to spend ten hours downloading it on release day.

Before Amazon, Steam etc. it was quite normal not to play on release date, we just got used to getting everything delivered by the time it unlocks.

Back in the stone age people pre-ordered then made a midnight run to the local game store to pick it up on launch day, or they pre-ordered and hoped that the UPS dropped it off early so they could play before the official launch.  The tales of rage and woe from those whose game didn't arrive on launch day or whose local game store somehow ran out of pre-order copies were epic.

No. You bring nothing from PoE1 except your decisions. Lore-wise all your accumulated gear, gold and valuable items are sold to purchase your starting ship. Copy/paste this post into Notepad to know what happens to your gear (since this is a spoiler-free forum).

My Deadfire mods

If you import your PoE 1 character will he have all the gear you had in PoE one and inventory items ie. durgan steel ingots?

no, you start at level 1 able to recreate your character from scratch, a god's boon item from the god you've aligned yourself with in POE1 will be passed from your save , but it's just a piece of food, nothing fancy. I can't confirm the dragon slayer ability isn't transferred (high chance it's not).

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Also used to use GOG, now I moved back to Steam. Whatever the arguments about drm are - Steam just works. GOG, I found is nowhere as efficient or as painless to use.

Preload is ready, but I actually might wait a couple of days to see the response - mainly concerned about bugs etc. Don't mind firing it up later...

There has always only been three legit reasons to use GoG.

• No DRM
  • Can play all games offline
  • Support the only real Steam alternative

It has always been less convenient and harder to use.  I myself agree they need to find a way to start supporting preloading if they ever want to compete with steam legitimately.  Until then it will just be die hards like myself who will always choose GoG no matter how inconvenient it is supporting it.

• Like 8