Thread for those of us who want to roll a single or multi rogue....lets talk

So does this also means Deathblow also scales with PL, so they change it from +100% damage to +50%, same as FoD?

What about Carnage? Imo 33% of weapon damage is a bit low

This might well be the start of a large post-launch balancing of passives to scale with power level. It's always been very weird as to why they don't...

Sneak Attack scales with PL. Somebody listened to our laments. :)

If now Soul Whip, Deathblows and FoD and other stuff also scale with PL I'm happy.

Curious HOW it scales though. :)

By the way: Sneak Attack always worked in the first 2 secs of combat - also in PoE. :)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Theres also deep wound, 20% of your dmg as a raw damage dot on target, sounds potent..

But guess then maby monk/rogue nature godlike will pwn? if your build your monk right he can keep up swift strike all the time prob and that meens constant +2 power lev (shoud mitigrate the reduce power lev from multiclass) and free +20% attack speed

Also if you focus on crit, the swift flurry woud be really good (chance for one free attack evry time you crit) Maby one hand rapier and use the modal (+20 accuracy & 50% increased recovery). Dam i wanna build a singel rapier wielding rogue/monk now xD.

Deathblow didn't increase Sneak Attack damage. It simply added an additional dmg bonus of 100% which stacked with Sneak Attack's dmg bonus (resulting in 150% once you put two afflictions on the target).

In Deadfire Deathblows is only 50% though (maybe it scales with Power Level as well and starts at 50%).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Deathblow didn't increase Sneak Attack damage. It simply added an additional dmg bonus of 100% which stacked with Sneak Attack's dmg bonus (resulting in 150% once you put two afflictions on the target).

In Deadfire Deathblows is only 50% though (maybe it scales with Power Level as well and starts at 50%).

still thats 70% base even if its only 2% inrease per power lev thats 88% pure rogue and 84% like multiclass. Tho multiclass will have ther bumb in dmg alot later (when they get access to level 7 abilities). If i understand right multiclass get lev 7 abilities but not 8/9, if multi don´t get lev 7 then its 32%.

If we say it´s 5% its 115% for singel and 105% for multi

Edited by BijaT

To be honest, I'm not sure what this change is supposed to address. A multiclassed Rogue doesn't have to choose between Rogue or their other class when leveling. There doesn't seem to be a substantial difference between single / dual. You're making lower level characters weaker and high level potentially stronger dependent on scaling factors.

The greatest benefit to me seems to be that, effectively, Power Level affects Rogue "white" damage (non-ability damage, to borrow a WoW term). Afflictions, Inspirations, and gear that affect Power Level probably affect "white" damage, and probably double-dip when using abilities. For example, I know Withering Strike does +25% damage; does a high Power Level Withering Strike get bonuses from Sneak, Deathblows AND the added ability damage? There might be some interesting interactions here that I haven't thought through, but it doesn't seem like it addresses the main issue Sawyer posted previously (single class rogues not doing too hot; multi-classed among top performers). Is 2x the scaling factor% weapon damage going to address that issue?

Then again, I think a lot of the feedback around the Rogue performance is overblown and due to glass cannon melee builds, which tend to get blown up regardless of class. See this thread, for example.

Now all we need is for backstab and assinate to work with dual weilding.

Im assuming its a bug if only the first pellet of a blunderbuss works with backstab...................must be a bug cause thats not right

Do you consider it a bug boerer? if so have you reported it ? If not how do it report it??

Ive never reproted bugs before

I guess it's a bug because backstab is only activated on the first attack? even so conceptually and logically it should work on all of the blunderbuss attacks.

Thematically it makes no sense. But at least it opens up some 2h rogue builds you wouldn't see otherwise. And I'm not sure we're ready for full attack stealth attacks since Obs is already struggling to balance Assassin.

• Like 1

Am personly glad fighters get to be NOT the most boring classe in an RPG for a change. Black jacket in particular seems like a lot fun(not necessarly strong though)

just finished checking out priests on EA,

Man you DEFINITELY DO NOT want to dual class a priest with anything,

They have no good passives that provide a bonus to offense or defense and where they really start to shine is when they gain access to late level spells,

Mulitclassing them would be a complete waste of time. Like a frickin total waste of time. You want those high level priest spells asap and when you get them you wont be doing anything other then slinging them trust me dont multiclass a preist.

It would be super cool to see a multiclass Rogue/ priest with minor avatar activated but that will come so late that it wouldn't be worth doing it.

Am personly glad fighters get to be NOT the most boring classe in an RPG for a change. Black jacket in particular seems like a lot fun(not necessarly strong though)

just finished checking out priests on EA,

Man you DEFINITELY DO NOT want to dual class a priest with anything,

They have no good passives that provide a bonus to offense or defense and where they really start to shine is when they gain access to late level spells,

Mulitclassing them would be a complete waste of time. Like a frickin total waste of time. You want those high level priest spells asap and when you get them you wont be doing anything other then slinging them trust me dont multiclass a preist.

It would be super cool to see a multiclass Rogue/ priest with minor avatar activated but that will come so late that it wouldn't be worth doing it.

Spiritual Weapon by itself could be reason enough. Priest of Wael has great defensive self-buffs too. 

If you want to have a maximum number of healing spells per level multiclass might also be a good option.

If assassinate ends up working properly with Priest seals (it was weirdly bugged last I checked, so that it only gave the accuracy bonus) that could be good too.

Edited by SaruNi

Am also a sucker for any ultimate summon type spell, so no druid/priest/wizard (all 3 have intriguing summons on power level 9)multiclasse for me. Likely will have the dwarf side kick or a hireling(based on my littel bro) as a pure chanter too. Everything else though, am multiclassing, it's just too fun for me.

Edited by HAWmaro

I saw a video with a Priest/Fighter and it looked ok, it seemed like a DnD Cleric. What's so bad about multiclass priest?

you will lose alot and gain nothing

Preists have pretty mediocre low-mid level abilities. They have incredible mid-high level abiliites. 

If you multiclass them it will take longer to get those mid level spells and when you do get them you wont be able to cast as many. You wont be able to get above level 7 spells aswell of course. If you attempt this all you will be achieving is severly weakening a really good class.

There also no benefit in multiclassing a preist with a martial class. They have no good self buffs apart from minor avatar witch is very late game and they have no good passives at all. 

You would be far better of having a single class priest buffing and healing from afar.  There high level magic is just to powerful to contemplate doing anything other then using there high level magic.

Edited by master guardian

I saw a video with a Priest/Fighter and it looked ok, it seemed like a DnD Cleric. What's so bad about multiclass priest?

Preists have pretty mediocre low-mid level abilities. They have incredible mid-high level abiliites. 

If you multiclass them it will take longer to get those mid level spells and when you do get them you wont be able to cast as many. You wont be able to get above level 7 spells aswell of course. If you attempt this all you will be achieving is severly weakening a really good class.

There also no benefit in multiclassing a preist with a martial class. They have no good self buffs apart from minor avatar witch is very late game and they have no good passives at all. 

You would be far better of having a single class priest buffing and healing from afar.  There high level magic is just to powerful to contemplate doing anything other then using there high level magic.

Plenty of people tested multiclass Priest/martial class in the beta, spiritual weapon lash makes it great. (And Priest of Wael is one of the best tanks.) Unless they've nerfed the lash....

While Minor Avatar is end-game the devs have assured us there will be plenty of game content left.

Plenty of people tested multiclass Priest/martial class in the beta, spiritual weapon lash makes it great. (And Priest of Wael is one of the best tanks.) Unless they've nerfed the lash....

While Minor Avatar is end-game the devs have assured us there will be plenty of game content left.

good luck

Just checked out rangers,

They got hit with the nerf bat pretty hard,

They are in desecrate need of a buff in there current state, 

Twin arrows is no longer a model costs bond and is pushed up to level 8, all the good modals from POE1 are completely gone eg the one that increased speed ect

They have really bad low/ mid level abilites and i could only see two good passives worth taking, gunner (20% reload) and driving flight (shot bounce once)

I think they have nerfed them so hard because alot of people would multiclassed them just to get the pet

IMHO in there current state rangers are the weakest class in the game at the moment, I am confident they will get buffed in future patches becsause they royally suck 

Edited by master guardian

Twin arrows is no longer a model costs bond and is pushed up to level 8, all the good modals from POE1 are completely gone eg the one that increased speed ect

They have really bad low/ mid level abilites and i could only see two good passives worth taking, gunner (20% reload) and driving flight (shot bounce once)

I think they have nerfed them so hard because alot of people would multiclassed them just to get the pet

IMHO in there current state rangers are the weakest class in the game at the moment, I am confident they will get buffed in future patches becsause they royally suck 

Wounding Shot is great, rangers are great in the beta. Universally agreed on these forums iirc that rangers are good in the beta.

However the new higher level abilities really do seem absurdly underwhelming. But maybe they get powerful/interesting ranger-only weapons that require a certain power level to use?...

Edited by SaruNi

Wounding Shot is great, rangers are great in the beta. Universally agreed on these forums iirc that rangers are good in the beta.

However the new higher level abilities really do seem absurdly underwhelming. But maybe they get powerful/interesting ranger-only weapons that require a certain power level to use?...

Its pretty clear they have nerfed the ranger to compensate for the pet,

Ive never enjoyed playing using the pet because they get reemed and die instantly on any decent fight