Do Multi-Class Chanters Get A Phrase and an Invocation at Level 1?

Do they?  Their tree starts at 'level 0' with a subclass-passive and an hourglass icon with music notes in the active tree.  

Then they get one level 1 pick  (whether they're single or multi-class).     

So what invocation do they start out with before choosing a single ability? 

Edited by Voss

Ignore the tree. They get to select one phrase, and one invocation for the Chanter class. It looks like Druid or Ranger select screens where you pick spell/spiritshift form or ability/animal companion respectively.

I MCed Chanter with most everything at one point in beta. They get to select one phrase and one invocation.

Weird.  I wish things like this were more transparent to the player.    Something on the class screen out to tell people that chanters get an extra ability pick, or what the trickster spells are, or what, exactly, a 'slight chance,' 'small chance' or 'significant decrease' was...

• Like 1

I agree with the transparency thing.

However, I would say a Chanter with a phrase and no invocations is a semi functional character. A Chanter with an invocation but no phrases is useless. It would be dead weight as you will never be able to cast it.

Also, forcing the player to pick onw of each at CC ensures they don't do something stupid. They will always have 1 phrase and 1 invocation throughout the game. Even if they select most talents from their other class, and/or non-phrase passives from chanter.

• Like 1