I've been peaking a bit at some different streams that has early access... and while I appreciate the effort they did doing voice-over for every single piece of text that shows up... I would rather prefer to limit voiced dialogue to dialogues that comes directly from the characters you come into contact with. 

Having the narrator doing the descriptive text just annoys me more than anything. 

Does anyone know if this is an option? 

• Like 6

Piggybacking off of this, I'd like to know if it's possible to turn off VO but still have music, sound effects, and combat barks?

In the sound settings, there is an independent 0-100 scale for "Voice volume". Turning down that to 0 will likely have the effect you desire. 

• Like 1

Piggybacking off of this, I'd like to know if it's possible to turn off VO but still have music, sound effects, and combat barks?

In the sound settings, there is an independent 0-100 scale for "Voice volume". Turning down that to 0 will likely have the effect you desire. 

Unfortunately, this also disables the barks you get when you click on characters or give them a command (which I would like to keep)

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

Did I hear somewhere that it's Ashley Johnson doing the narration?

Fairly sure it is. And yeah seems like the narrator is voiced during important story events, but not regular events. So you won't find the narrator chiming at you during ship combat for example.

Don't like the descriptive text in dialogue narration either.

Really like how was it done tho. For prologue, "cut-scenes", or other separate and conclusive texts without dialogue, would love to have it all narrated.

Yeah, I've seen a couple of vids and the narrator is very off putting. I assumed at first, that it was only spoken dialogue that was going to be voiced, but apparently not. 

I don't like it : /

Edited by DragonWiz
  • Like 4

The narrator is only voiced in the prologue.

Not true.

She doesn't narrate everything, but she pops back up for main plot stuff, at the very least.

Okay - I just saw the prologue and then the following 5 minutes which were not voiced. Point is: she's not always talking. ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Solved the narrator issue! 
Just go into your PoE 2 folder 

Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\StreamingAssets\Audio\Windows\Voices\English(US)

And then Move or delete the "narrator" folder! Solved!

• Like 2

+1 to the option to disable narrator voice

How can anyone in their right mind try to ship a multimillion dollar product without making absolutely sure that they don't upset all their players with a degree in Medieval English Linguistics?

Started the game...
Heard non character text gets narrated...
Came here...

Please give an option to disable. I really liked it back in Baldur's Gate where rarely anything was voiced or just the first sentence to give an idea of the mood and tone.

• Like 2