Sooo after the full ability reveal, i was thinking about going berserk for my MC and the barbaric retaliation alone is not enough to go single class imho so i was wondering what to chose as multiclass,considering that i will have pallegina as herald and eder as main tank...

My first 2 pick would be helwalker or devoted for dual wielding swords.

The helwalker would pump even more damage but considering that i will basically just get force of anguish and clarity of mind as wound spender i'm kinda afraid to stay too high on wounds and get myself killed quickly, but the other offensive skills look kinda good.

The devoted would be tankier, but with 2 frontliner already i'm afraid i would lose too much dps, even though the thing i like the most are the stances, especially for the extra engagement, since i would have 0 engagement without it...

What do you guys think?

You know that a berserker will attack your "frontliners" as well with his carnage attacks? You should rather have a beckoner chanter in your party, to summon skeletons (6 for 12 seconds with 20 INT). Nobody cares if they get hit by the berserker. You just have to create more space until you can summon the skeletons (18 seconds for beckoner). Devoted is not so good in the beginning, because you don't know which weapons are available in the long run and i don't know if you can respec the MC to choose another weapon proficiency.

Yeah but there are some workarounds... At low lv i could just stay away from the other party members or just use frenzy carefully/let them take some damage... Then i will have xoti at lv 5 casting int buff to remove confusion, and both monk and Fighter got self int buff later on. Frenzy malus is not a big deal imho, compared to the bonuses...

For the devoted i'm quite sure you can just change the profency when you respec, and i guess that sword would be a solid oick anyway (we already know that the talking sword is a... Sword, besides i like the modal, which is even quite fitting for a barbarian).

Anyone knows if, when the berserk hp bar is concealed, you still get the general info about the health condition (bloodied, near death etc)?

And does the raw dmg you inflict to yourself scale with your Mig?

Anyone knows if, when the berserk hp bar is concealed, you still get the general info about the health condition (bloodied, near death etc)?

If you select abilities like Bloodied, or if you are a human or fire godlike. You will get a buff when u r bloodied, so you will be warned so.

Same as Death godlike, they got a buff when at near death. So u will notice that too. Need some extra attention tho.

Otherwise, no, u cannot get general info about health condition.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

What I'm wondering about confused is, will your group buffs affect enemies instead of allies as well? Or is it just about your foe-only AoE affecting allies too? If your buffs still affect allies you could take Kind Wayfarer to heal them with Flames of Devotion to make up for the Carnage damage (and heal yourself of the raw damage you take). Of course once you reach Mental Fortress the point is moot.

What I'm wondering about confused is, will your group buffs affect enemies instead of allies as well? Or is it just about your foe-only AoE affecting allies too? If your buffs still affect allies you could take Kind Wayfarer to heal them with Flames of Devotion to make up for the Carnage damage (and heal yourself of the raw damage you take). Of course once you reach Mental Fortress the point is moot.

yes, buff will affect enemy, you will heal enemy with FoD if u are confused.

• Like 1

I've played a lot of Berserker multi-classes during the beta and my favourites were the Brute (Barbarian/Fighter, usually Devoted because it's the best) and the Fanatic (Barbarian/Paladin).

Be fully aware that the confusion from Berserk CAN be really dangerous in the heat of battle though, I once sent my Brute to help out my back-line with a pesky monster and he ended up one-shotting my wizard with carnage and one-shotting my cipher with the fighter's cleaving stance. Hilarious, but dangerous.

With a paladin you can pick a passive ability at some point (PL 5 I believe) that removes the confusion completely once and for all.

Yeah that's another reason why I really like the Fanatic. However you get that skill at level 9 I think so you'll still have to go for a good while with the confusion on berserk.

With a paladin you can pick a passive ability at some point (PL 5 I believe) that removes the confusion completely once and for all.

Yeah that's another reason why I really like the Fanatic. However you get that skill at level 9 I think so you'll still have to go for a good while with the confusion on berserk.

I'm planning to have Xoti in my party as a single class Priest. From level 5 he can give a smart inspiration to cancel out confused. Until then I'll have to position carefully and maybe use potions of Infuse with Vital Essence (also gives smart) to get rid of confused. I'm finally sold on Fanatic with Berserker. Just have to decide between Goldpact and Bleak Walker, mostly from an RP standpoint.