[POTD Difficulty] Launch NOT tuned discussion thread

Relax, they need to focus on bugs and balance for the majority. They will attend to it in time. An online petition is pretty useless as they are actually aware of the issue and have said they will fix it.

Patience, young Padawan.

• Like 11

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

I'm also hoping it gets fixed soon. I put in 4 hours and was really disappointed in how easy it is. I'm going to hold off on playing any more until we get confirmation that they made it more difficult.

If you must have a high difficulty like NOW, just play with "white" weapons , see how that goes  :)

this is not fun :( i wana my jorney with revard! Play only 1-3 character much better way. but for first blid walktrough i wana as many as i can backstoies of companions.

Edited by seed_ls

Yeah, path of the damned should be the difficulty for only those masochistic few who actually like an unfair challenge. When you're creating a difficulty level of "Path of the Damned" that comes after "Very Hard", you better err on the side of making things too difficult rather than making things too easy.

• Like 3

The most important step you take in your life is the next one.

So im playing POTD and steamrolling it.

IT IS WWWWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY TOOOOO EEEEASSSSSSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im well aware they Josh has said he is fixing it but they need to make this a priority and do it asap because it isnt fun beating entire groups of bad guys with a broom stick on the highest difficulty.

Can we please voice our opinion here so they make POTD ALOT harder. Not just a little bit harder they need to make it far harder then it is.

Lets all work together for once guys and voice our opinion for the good of this common cause 

Please post below that you want POTD FAR  harder then it is.

I personally hope they are working on the bugs that are making the game unplayable for some players.  Me personally I haven't had any issues yet with Bugs and I wont use PotD so got no real comment on that.  However I don't hope you get what you are looking for and it makes the experience what you were wanting.

I'm agree with you and IMO it's all levels of difficulty since NORMAL which are too simple. Hard and POTD are a little shame.

Maybe special mechanics only for POTD like limit for rest may be a solution.

I'm waiting the fix for POTD and redone a run on POE1 ;).

all caps and excessive exclamation points aside, Gromnir does want better implementation o' potd. however,

1) there are more than a few bugs lingering in deadfire post release.

2) this thread is misguided

first priority needs be game breaking bugs and import bugs and fundamental mechanics bugs, 'cause those problems affect everybody.  potd players, such as Gromnir, is not representing much o' the total deadfire fanbase. sure, the hardcore fans is louder and more visible, but we ain't representing much insofar as total sales is concerned.  worse, as hardcore fans, most o' us will wait.  if it takes a month to get potd balanced better, chances are most o' us will not rage quit and refuse to ever buy another obsidian product.  if you did multiple potd runs, chances are you is a poe addict, a junkie.  you will moan and holler, but you will then buy the dlc (probable already have) and the sequel... if such happens.  there is more than enough bugs to keep the obsidians busy and the motivation to address potd is not great. which brings us to point 2. 

let's say this thread manages to get +100 respondents.  200?  how 'bout 300? well jeepers.  is sad, but the only thing threads like this actual reveal is how few potd players there actual is.  am understanding the desire for a potd fix, but am not thinking it is helpful to draw attention to the lack o' potd players.  makes potd appear even less consequential when you turn into a numbers thing.

personal am gonna be getting great use from a potd fix, but truth is it cannot and should not be a priority compared to obvious needed bug fixes. 

regardless, few posting styles says, "ignore me" quite so emphatic as all-caps and multiple exclamation points... and this is coming from Gromnir who has been posting in a challenging/questionable way for 'bout two decades. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 5

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

-1. Fix the basic stuff first. Lots of bugs still to be stomped out, and loading time optimization could use a bit of work. Frankly potd ranks behind a decent array new portraits, especially with the old ones reused for shiphands.

I haven't gotten very far into the game yet but it seems like veteran need some buffing up too.

One of the big complaints casual gamers had with POE1 was that Veteran was a cake walk, yet Cau Nua was too hard on POTD

P.s. I haven't restarted yet. Did they actually implement the increased difficulty options in blessing of Berath?

Hmm, thanks for the heads up. I think I'll hold off on continuing until they beef up the difficulty. Gaming without challenge is quite boring, so I'd rather not ruin my first playthrough. 

Seems the casual audience is loving it so far.

The game is easier than a Jrpg on prom night...

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

ive been playing potd for 40 hours and havent had to reload once.

even so called boss fights are over in less then 1 minute

its ruining my experience bigtime

This, is why i'm waiting to get this until PotD is balanced/fixed.

People say not many play harder difficulties, that it isn't important etc, but they have no clue what they're talking about - they're just ignorant to anything that they themselves don't prefer.

Yeah, path of the damned should be the difficulty for only those masochistic few who actually like an unfair challenge. When you're creating a difficulty level of "Path of the Damned" that comes after "Very Hard", you better err on the side of making things too difficult rather than making things too easy.

And if it does turn out to be a little, too difficult? Well thats what what traps, scrolls, potions, food, drugs, figurines still? and whatever else is for, that'd be great to have to actually need and so use for the first time ever. :)

Sure there will be the inevitable casual player that wants it easier and it's too hard and nerf this and nerf that, only playing it because it's just another notch to add onto the belt and for achievs, but it's much better and would be much less public outcry than making the hardest difficulty a bit easy, to stop those complaints and instead have nothing for the players that like to be challenged and have them be unhappy instead.

Also, hopefully they don't get lazy with it and it becomes a roflstomp after the first half of the game, like PoE 1 and most other games. Hopefully they go through and balance the entire thing properly. It'll take longer, but worth.
Edited by whiskiz
  • Like 1

all caps and excessive exclamation points aside, Gromnir does want better implementation o' potd. however,

1) there are more than a few bugs lingering in deadfire post release.

2) this thread is misguided

first priority needs be game breaking bugs and import bugs and fundamental mechanics bugs, 'cause those problems affect everybody. potd players, such as Gromnir, is not representing much o' the total deadfire fanbase. sure, the hardcore fans is louder and more visible, but we ain't representing much insofar as total sales is concerned. worse, as hardcore fans, most o' us will wait. if it takes a month to get potd balanced better, chances are most o' us will not rage quit and refuse to ever buy another obsidian product. if you did multiple potd runs, chances are you is a poe addict, a junkie. you will moan and holler, but you will then buy the dlc (probable already have) and the sequel... if such happens. there is more than enough bugs to keep the obsidians busy and the motivation to address potd is not great. which brings us to point 2.

let's say this thread manages to get +100 respondents. 200? how 'bout 300? well jeepers. is sad, but the only thing threads like this actual reveal is how few potd players there actual is. am understanding the desire for a potd fix, but am not thinking it is helpful to draw attention to the lack o' potd players. makes potd appear even less consequential when you turn into a numbers thing.

personal am gonna be getting great use from a potd fix, but truth is it cannot and should not be a priority compared to obvious needed bug fixes.

regardless, few posting styles says, "ignore me" quite so emphatic as all-caps and multiple exclamation points... and this is coming from Gromnir who has been posting in a challenging/questionable way for 'bout two decades.

HA! Good Fun!

Totally with Gromnir here. Obsidian was transparent about POTD being undertuned. So in the meantime, I am enjoying the heck out of my Hard playthrough, going through slowly and loving the story, companions, music, etc. I’m tremendous excited for a hardcore POTD challenge run, but I can wait.

• Like 3

I'm not sure if you guys are just doing the critical path or not, but I'm playing PotD and I am having some troubles in a lot of the optional areas. I'm not sure if that has to do with the fact that I set the level scaling to only upward or if there's something else going on. Maybe I just suck at the game I don't know. Although I only played the first game on the same difficulty and didn't try any of the easier difficulties using the same strategies so I don't know. It appears to be challenging enough although I'm only level 8 or 9 at the moment.

Want to play a dragon in Deadfire?

Try my subclass mod here!
https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/76