lol, so i was looking at builds after recently purchasing the game, im very excited for the release.

My current thoughts are directed towards possible builds and tactics, what i have come up with, is something i allways love, its basicly a summon focused buildset with a focus on overwhelming the enemy with summons and buffs.

my main char will be a Mindstalker(assassin/beguiler), with 2 paladin/chanters (heralds/shieldbearer/beackoner) and 2 druid/ranger (beast masters/animist/ghostheart) companions, yes you might think im going over the top with summons, but i really want to split damage with a multiple number of summons and threat targets whilst i work them down with focused attacks from my mindstalker, do you guys think this will be viable or should i refocus my efforts. in theory it sounds good but i have not played a beta or even followed the game very long, any tips on fine tuning my set up of a summon based group. ?

EDIT: forgive my post* description, my sense of humor is bad when i am drinking, im sober now.

Edited by Iceborg1307

i think my weapons would be 2 handed for my mindstalker, shield and 1 handed weapons for my paladins, and a mix of ranged and melee for my rangers to keep my groups close and possibly bodyblocking enemies into a tight formation. whilst also being in range for my max intellect druid heals and lay on hands heals.

Isn't that the thing you put on crazy people? As in, a straitjacket?

That's my guess, although I have no idea how that possibly relates to anything in this thread.

Edited by Skazz

First of all: what are white jackets in this context?

the doctors who want to lock me up.

Looks like Skazz was right lol. But there's your answer guys ; )

I would try to give OP a really nice response to their question but I'm afraid I don't have anything exciting to say xD

Hope all you other brilliant minds can help them out!

Still  don't get the stuff with the white jacket...

Anyways - lots of summons/pets is always good and you can't go wrong with that. Paladin/Beckoner is an exeptionally good combo in Deadfire and although stuff like Mith Fyr got nerfed in the final game version it's still good to use Zealous Focus + Mith Fyr + Shared Flames on your party and the summons. The other pally/chanter can use Exhalted Endurance + Ancient Memory to heal them all up all the time. Druid/Ranger is also solid, especially with Boar + Wounding Shots. Ghost Heart would not be my favorite pick though.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Still  don't get the stuff with the white jacket...

Anyways - lots of summons/pets is always good and you can't go wrong with that. Paladin/Beckoner is an exeptionally good combo in Deadfire and although stuff like Mith Fyr got nerfed in the final game version it's still good to use Zealous Focus + Mith Fyr + Shared Flames on your party and the summons. The other pally/chanter can use Exhalted Endurance + Ancient Memory to heal them all up all the time. Druid/Ranger is also solid, especially with Boar + Wounding Shots. Ghost Heart would not be my favorite pick though.

Thanks for the replies, may i ask, what would be your main pick of subclass for druid/ranger. and if you dont mind a explanation as to why ghost heart would not be a favourite pick.

My pick for a druid/ranger would be Stalker.

Since you want many bodies on the field a pet that you don't have to summon is better than a pet that you have to summon with Bond (Bond is better spend on attack abilities). That's the main reason why I wouldn't pick Ghost Heart.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Well, after looking through wiki's about this game, i have found i maybe cannot get my actual party set up i firstly posted? as the companions only have 3 possible build/class options?.

I have a new party set up i want to go with and that is.

1.) Main Character = Inquisitor (possible Bleakwalker/soulblade)... Possibly 2 handed weapon great sword and pistols for ranged or is there a better choice?, but any tips on what stats i should go with, it says i dont even need perception, as flames of devotion gives accuracy is it right that i can keep the perception stat at base value ?. what of the remaining stats ? thinking on it i will still need perception if i choose to use savage attack?

2.) Pallegina as Herald, what set up would you give her ? sword and shield or i have read somethign about dagger in offhand for more defense?, this can be defined by my main characters choices aswell, im looking for sharing buffs and auras around, one for attack focused and one for possibly defense/healing focused?.

3.) Tekehu as Theurge. any tips on building him for such?. maybe dagger offhand and Sabre main hand?

4.) Maia Rue as a Scout. focusing on dual blunderbluss and Battle Axe/dagger combo?

5.) Xoti as a pure Priest. but what weapons maybe wands?

What im looking for is just advice on stats, important spells or abilities that i can maybe build around, and talents to go with that. i basicly want to optimize my group to support each other with a variety of buffs and summons. i think i can still be a powerful summon based group like this but im just looking for any advice i can get as not to make any wrong choices while leveling them up.

EDIT: deleted subclass input, as we cannot choose companion subclasses.

Edited by Iceborg1307

Well, after looking through wiki's about this game, i have found i maybe cannot get my actual party set up i firstly posted? as the companions only have 3 possible build/class options?.

I have a new party set up i want to go with and that is.

1.) Main Character = Inquisitor (possible Bleakwalker/and im not sure maybe beguiler or is there a better option?)... Possibly 2 handed weapon great sword and pistols for ranged or is there a better choice?, but any tips on what stats i should go with, it says i dont even need perception, as flames of devotion gives accuracy is it right that i can keep the perception stat at base value ?. what of the remaining stats ? thinking on it i will still need perception if i choose to use savage attack?

2.) Pallegina as Herald, what set up would you give her and subclasses maybe darcozzi/beckoner or shield bearer/beckoner ? sword and shield or i have read somethign about dagger in offhand for more defense?, this can be defined by my main characters choices aswell, im looking for sharing buffs and auras around, one for attack focused and one for possibly defense/healing focused?.

3.) Tekehu as Theurge(animist/beckoner). any tips on building him for such?. maybe dagger offhand and battle axe main hand?

4.) Maia Rue as a Scout (Assassin/stalker). focusing on dual blunderbluss and Sabre/dagger combo?

5.) Xoti as a pure Priest of wael. but what weapons maybe wands?

What im looking for is just advice on stats, important spells or abilities that i can maybe build around, and talents to go with that. i basicly want to optimize my group to support each other with a variety of buffs and summons. i think i can still be a powerful summon based group like this but im just looking for any advice i can get as not to make any wrong choices while leveling them up.

unfortunately you cannot change/choose subclasses for companions (from what we know yet)

• Like 1