Get a 940m on my laptop, should be ok to play, just hope I don't need to tone done the grappic too much.

Which CPU and how much RAM do you have?

i5-600U @ 2.30GHz 2.40GHz;12G RAM

I'm guessing you mean 6200u or 6300u? In which case you should probably be able to get stable FPS on Medium. Do you have D: OS2? If you can run that game, like at all, you're good to go for Deadfire lol.

Get a 940m on my laptop, should be ok to play, just hope I don't need to tone done the grappic too much.

I'm guessing you mean 6200u or 6300u? In which case you should probably be able to get stable FPS on Medium. Do you have D: OS2? If you can run that game, like at all, you're good to go for Deadfire lol.

6200U, missed a number there.

I can play DoS2 just fine, except that one battle in Act 2, where it basically becomes a power-point for me.

I am guessing that with 8gb ram, gtx 560, and i5-2400 3.10 GHz i will be able to Play on medium too? (I was able to Play DoS2 without problems too)

My PC is really old.. It was built since 2012? But heck what is PC gaming today? I'm still playing the latest game without much issues. Of course i did upgrade along the way. My GPU isn't anything great. It's AMD R9 290. don't have the urge in changing seeing hardware is kinda pricey especially GPU. with the current trend in cryptocurrency.. that makes PC gaming even worst. probably outright killing it.

And that's why I don't like commenting on forums...

Because other people don't tend to enforce misplaced complaining? Porting games to OS X isn't exactly easy and more importantly it's not even worth it financially - which is why so few games get a port in the first place. So yes, one should absolutely be grateful that a relatively small team like Obsidian is doing this.

No, just because of attitude and schoolyard comments like yours

There is not even a point to try and explain to you how misplaced your comment actually is and there is no reason for you to be that defensive about my comment either.

End of the day I was not even complaining I was surprised, I have a decent enough PC just don't game enough to have it out and connected so I'd rather play on my MacBook and I thought I could that's all. It is similar if they came out asking for 1080Tis for PC people would have paid for something they would most likely have been unable to play.

There is not even a point to try and explain to you how misplaced your comment actually is and there is no reason for you to be that defensive about my comment either.

End of the day I was not even complaining I was surprised, I have a decent enough PC just don't game enough to have it out and connected so I'd rather play on my MacBook and I thought I could that's all. It is similar if they came out asking for 1080Tis for PC people would have paid for something they would most likely have been unable to play.

So not sugar coating your... "surprise" equals making schoolyard comments, cute.

And your last comment only suggests that you have absolutely no insight into macOS porting or Mac gaming as a whole for that matter. You can't simply 1:1 compare Windows system requirements - as I already mentioned, there's a reason why the vast, vast majority don't even bother with Mac ports because they're not worth the effort and probably never will be because Apple couldn't care less about gaming. So yeah, I stick by what I originally said: Kudos to Obsidian that they even bothered with the port/s and I absolutely wouldn't expect any macOS optimization going forward.

• Like 1

So not sugar coating your... "surprise" equals making schoolyard comments, cute.

And your last comment only suggests that you have absolutely no insight into macOS porting or Mac gaming as a whole for that matter. You can't simply 1:1 compare Windows system requirements - as I already mentioned, there's a reason why the vast, vast majority don't even bother with Mac ports because they're not worth the effort and probably never will be because Apple couldn't care less about gaming. So yeah, I stick by what I originally said: Kudos to Obsidian that they even bothered with the port/s and I absolutely wouldn't expect any macOS optimization going forward.

Sure whatever makes you happy :)

I just hope my laptop can run it since i could play POE1 on it

specs:

Processor: Intel® Pentium® CPU N3540 2.16GHz

RAM: 8,00GB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 920M

Could be a problem if you're gaming @1080p. 720/900p should work if you lower settings accordingly.

Unfortunately I can't comment on the 920M but considering the mileage I'm getting out of my 960M I really doubt that Deadfire is going to be a problem. :)

EDIT: I did a quick search online and I'm afraid the 920M looks a bit underpowered even for a laptop so you may have to use lower settings... In any case fingers crossed!

Edited by gloomseeker

A 960 is not a big bar to 60 fps at max settings by any standard, and you don't even know what they are saying that is for.  They may have said 960 because that is what it takes for 60fps on 4k and at 1080 a 960 isn't needed.

I get it, money is very tight for some people, it is for me too right now.  Maybe not as much as others, but still.  I understand people who can not justify a new pc, or new pc components for a game.  But to be perfectly honest, the required specs to run this game could be met by a 300 dollar pc.  Heck, here you go 250 dollar PC off amazon and that meets all recommended specs except graphics.

If you don't have a 960, just try playing at your highest settings, if you see some frame loss, just turn down particle effects or something.  If you want a better graphics card though again here you go  190 dollar graphics card that is basically equal to a 960.

For consideration, this is what an Xbox costs these days.

So yes you can build a PC that meets the recommended specs of this game, for less money than what the newest version of an Xbone costs.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 2

6200U, missed a number there.

I can play DoS2 just fine, except that one battle in Act 2, where it basically becomes a power-point for me.

Eh I played that fight on a 970 and got lag. That fight is just brutal period.

I am guessing that with 8gb ram, gtx 560, and i5-2400 3.10 GHz i will be able to Play on medium too? (I was able to Play DoS2 without problems too)

Eh, you'll probably even get away with high settings if you're fine with 30FPS, save for a few intensive battle situations (with a lot of spells going off at the same time) and the like.

Edited by aeoncs

Guys, I am a bit scared. I have no idea about any hardware so I will ask it here. Can I run the game at least on medium? Specs:  i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12 GB Ram & AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series.

Guys, I am a bit scared. I have no idea about any hardware so I will ask it here. Can I run the game at least on medium? Specs:  i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12 GB Ram & AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series.

Very outdated GPU but the 6700 series should definitely be capable of running the game somewhat ok. Pretty hard to tell if you can run the game on medium, old GPUs can work iffy in modern games and yours has 1GB Vram at most, so you might have to go lower than medium.