Early Access Stream Friday 8am EST

Please remember that this is the "no spoilers" forum. Even the fact that the livestream player has already encountered Xoti this early is giving away something. 

Well, there was already an official dev stream with VO featuring Xoti. And that she's from Readceras is also known for quite a while. So nothing new.

Please remember that this is the "no spoilers" forum. Even the fact that the livestream player has already encountered Xoti this early is giving away something. 

Well, there was already an official dev stream with VO featuring Xoti. And that she's from Readceras is also known for quite a while. So nothing new.

the fact that the livestream player has already encountered Xoti this early is giving away something. 

Edited by iscalio

the fact that the livestream player has already encountered Xoti this early is giving away something. 

I'm not sure what you mean, it's hardly a spoiler. Devs said that all companions will be encountered early in POE2, unlike how it was in POE1. And the guy has already been streaming all day. 

My reminder and request was an attempt to prevent worse. I am sorry if you feel reproved, that was not my intent.

I personally did not know all companions would appear early in the game, so I considered the Xoti detail a slight (ever-so-slight) spoiler.

• Like 4

Too many people on these forum have the mentality that "I already know this, it's not a spoiler anymore" when the fact that you know those spoilers doesn't mean these things aren't spoilers anymore. Not everyone watch stream for the very simple reasons that they do not want to be spoiled.

Edited by morhilane
  • Like 5

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Too many people on these forum have the mentality that "I already know this, it's not a spoiler anymore" when the fact that you know those spoilers doesn't mean these things aren't spoilers anymore. Not everyone watch stream for the very simple reasons that they do not want to be spoiled.

What're you doing in the thread discussing a spoilery stream then?

I think this thread should indeed be moved to spoilers section, btw.

Edited by Aramintai

Biting whip got nerfed to 30% (from 40%) and time parasite got locked behind power level 8 :(. Coupled with the nerf to FoD,  I got a bit sad about my plans for an Inquisitor.... Thinking I might just go Crusader instead.

Something I really wish to know is if the attacks from cleaving stance are still full attacks like they were in beta. Tooltip from it in the video is unchanged, so it doesn't really say. A nerf from full attack to primary attack would be pretty huge... but a lot of people agree that cleaving stance was just really, really strong. 

What's with Disintegration?

1240 damage in its base configuration without bonus from PL, MIG and INT? Holy Moly! Imagine an Ascendant "spamming" this when ascended...

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Probably don't want to visit threads about early access streams though if you're trying to avoid any potential spoilers

Maybe a mod can tag it as potential spoilers in case the title doesn't make that clear

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

What's with Disintegration?

1240 damage in its base configuration without bonus from PL, MIG and INT? Holy Moly! Imagine an Ascendant "spamming" this when ascended...

If it was from the CC, I am pretty sure some tooltips are just bugged, and unable to calculate their actual values since you are not supposed to gain some of these abilities until way later in the game.

Another example is Sacred immolation from paladin power lvl 7: In the CC it says it does 43 per 3 raw damage to self. 43... at level 1... That is like 2 ticks and you would kill yourself.

Edited by Ciphys

What're you doing in the thread discussing a spoilery stream then?

I think this thread should indeed be moved to spoilers section, btw.

This thread is not marked as spoiler, it was created to announce a stream was coming. Everyone was avoiding talking about spoilery stuff until a few posts ago. People here are mostly talking about the new classes abilities stuff revealed in the stream which aren't spoilers might I add.

• Like 2

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Biting whip got nerfed to 30% (from 40%) and time parasite got locked behind power level 8 :(. Coupled with the nerf to FoD, I got a bit sad about my plans for an Inquisitor.... Thinking I might just go Crusader instead.

Something I really wish to know is if the attacks from cleaving stance are still full attacks like they were in beta. Tooltip from it in the video is unchanged, so it doesn't really say. A nerf from full attack to primary attack would be pretty huge... but a lot of people agree that cleaving stance was just really, really strong.

Yeah if it really being nerfed from 40% to 30%, gonna be pretty bad. I also find the continuous nerfing of FoD unnecessary. The Eternal Flame only gives +10% lash, while Monk can get a passive of 50% lash with additional 30% lash temporaly. Probably because of BW/Assassin build but I don’t think the issue is because of alpha strike, rogue ability tree has some serious issue.

• Like 2

Biting whip got nerfed to 30% (from 40%) and time parasite got locked behind power level 8 :(. Coupled with the nerf to FoD, I got a bit sad about my plans for an Inquisitor.... Thinking I might just go Crusader instead.

Yeah if it really being nerfed from 40% to 30%, gonna be pretty bad. I also find the continuous nerfing of FoD unnecessary. The Eternal Flame only gives +10% lash, while Monk can get a passive of 50% lash with additional 30% lash temporaly. Probably because of BW/Assassin build but I don’t think the issue is because of alpha strike, rogue ability tree has some serious issue.

Ya I agree. They seem to be targeting Paladin solely because of the synergy that that specific builds has with their abilities, which is quite a shame. Understandable, but still a shame. 

Edited by Ciphys

They seem to be targeting Paladin solely because of the synergy that that specific builds has with their abilities, which is quite a shame. Understandable, but still a shame. 

They did the same with a certain Soulbound Dagger in PoE: it was very powerful on Barbs but merely good on everyone else so they nerfed it: making it good on Barbs and not good on everyone else.

No I'm not bitter, what makes you ask  :lol:

• Like 2

Some changes doesn't make sense... Eternal flame gives 10% to one character, Shared flame gives 20% lash to all team members. The design seems to force you make choice to meet the class's role by nerfing all other choices. 

Also ranger's Stunning Shot is basically the same ability as barbarian's Intterupting Blow. But one is lvl 5 ability, one is lvl 9...

This is like the devs are telling u 'Hey u can make a ranger as a Crowd Controller, but it gonna be such a bad choice than u will not too.'

• Like 5

Some changes doesn't make sense... Eternal flame gives 10% to one character, Shared flame gives 20% lash to all team members. The design seems to force you make choice to meet the class's role by nerfing all other choices. 

Also ranger's Stunning Shot is basically the same ability as barbarian's Intterupting Blow. But one is lvl 5 ability, one is lvl 9...

This is like the devs are telling u 'Hey u can make a ranger as a Crowd Controller, but it gonna be such a bad choice than u will not too.'

I want to play ranger and that is so potato. Same ability, different name and 4 levels difference in getting it. So Stunning shots has changed from an Level 9 on hit stun when hitting enemy with both ranger and companion to a Level 19 on crit interrupt (i guess at least it doesnt require animal but i would rather the other way around). umm... and Barbarian gets exact same ability called Interrupting blows at around level 9 for single class.

I wonder if this is a bug since they are so similar the only difference is Barbarian says melee only and ranger doesnt. That isnt worth 10 actual levels is it?

Edited by draego

I think I have found my dream build so far:

Helwalker/Wizard with Citzal's Spirit  Lance and Instruments of Pain:

Doing AoE ranged attacks (over 10 meters range) with Citzal's Spirit Lance and adding Swift Flurry (33% additonal attack on crit) and the new passive Heartbeat Drum that adds a 25% chance to do another attack on crit.

BAM! BAMBAMBAMBAM! Sweet Lord Gamebreaker I can't wait...  ;( 

• Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

CC is only showing abilities up to level 9 (character level 18). Is he forgetting to scroll down or should we expect 19 and 20 stuff via DLC?

Power level stop at 9 and you get access to it at level 19, not 18.

I’m confused. In the beta, a single class character was unlocking a new power level every other character level.

Not saying your wrong, but I don’t understand how that math works.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

after lvl 13 you progress more slowly. PL9 is the max.

Ah, got it.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Correct me if I'm wrong but in addition to Biting whip and flames of devotion, Sneak attack was also nerfed from 50% to 30% bonus damage apparently.

I wanted to play Soulblade/assassin but... With the new nerfs it seems like the squishiness is not even worth it anymore... might as well roll a fighter, monk or barbarian which seemed stronger overall than the rogue coupled with a Soulblade... or am I missing something about the rogue attractiveness (besides the RP)?

Also it really seems that some classes (monk or barb for example) received more love for the upper levels compared to ranger and rogue.

Yup. It's pretty good too, imo.

I wonder whether the expansion packs will add more levels?

I wouldn't mind enough extra levels to unlock one new PL (and give multi-classed characters access to PL 8.)

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus