Early Access Stream Friday 8am EST

For anyone possibly curious about just spotting all the final/high level abilities, he did tweet earlier that he'll be posting that to YouTube. I'm hoping he does mean it as just that piece of the stream. Then no spoiler worries : )

https://twitter.com/CohhCarnage/status/992362298084855809?s=09

Yes once he got to character creation he clicked most abilities so you can pause and see what it does. But he missed stuff not understanding wizards subclasses and other uniques

I am clicking on the stream every half an hour or so before having a successful will check and closing the browser. 

Why Obsidian, WHY????

Ye i skipped the intro just wanted to see character creation stuff

He finished the game 27 minutes into the stream. Finished with ending narration, credits and everything.

• Like 3

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Eh? Not even QA Andy beats the game in 27 minutes in Story Mode...

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Some cool looking high level abilities. Single classes are looking more appealing to me than before.

No kidding. That Monk ability that does 500% crit damage is what dreams are made of.

60-80 crush damage, 500% crit damage. I wonder if lash applies to this, if yes then a helwalker with max wounds can cause super high damage with this ability. As you can get +80% lash from lightning strike/burning wheel, 35 Might, thats a 1.8 * 1.75 = 3.15 times of origin damage.

70 * (1+500%) * 3.15 = 1300 damage ouch :)

• Like 1

Some cool looking high level abilities. Single classes are looking more appealing to me than before.

No kidding. That Monk ability that does 500% crit damage is what dreams are made of.

60-80 crush damage, 500% crit damage. I wonder if lash applies to this, if yes then a helwalker with max wounds can cause super high damage with this ability. As you can get +80% lash from lightning strike/burning wheel, 35 Might, thats a 1.8 * 1.75 = 3.15 times of origin damage.

70 * (1+500%) * 3.15 = 1300 damage ouch :)

I wish the options menu could turn gibs off unless that move crits because it actually makes sense. Lol. It's such a beautiful goodbye letter to whatever enemy crosses your path.

You can check it out. Nothing will be spoiled.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/257569693

Hop over to minute 25, more or less.

Heja Sverige!!

Also if you empowered it :) +100 Accuracy + 100 Penetration to it, I can expect 2000+ damage for the empowered version.

I couldnt remember of the monk had that passive or it was the fighter. It's good to know that. Basically, you have a melee equivalent to Power Word Kill that doesnt require any tribute to rnJesus. Or maybe its Pai Mei's five point exploding heart technique.

So, my two favorite Poe classes were chanter and monk. I think I'm going to just single class those two on my first 2play throughs , now. I cant wait till Tuesday.

Edited by Ganrich

I’m not that kind of person though ;) Just can’t watch from work. I’ll catch up later.

How do the Fighter’s high-level abilities look?

Do multi-classed Monks get the twins?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It's not a beat the game in 27 minutes, it's a finish the game in 27 minutes, they added a very early dead-end* option (Josh talked about them before saying RPG should have more of them). Yeah!

And going with JerekKruger's comment I consider the whole thing a spoiler after watching it.

*Picking that option end the game early, but not with a "game over" screen.

Edited by morhilane
  • Like 1

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

I’m not that kind of person though ;) Just can’t watch from work. I’ll catch up later.

No worries, just thought I should warn you (and others) in case. Someone on these forums recently discovered the main plot hook for Deadfire in an interview and considered that a spoiler so different people have different tolerances. I'm on the other end of the spectrum and am watching Cohh's stream, though I'll probably stop just because watching a game like PoE played isn't that much fun for me.

How do the Fighter’s high-level abilities look?

Do multi-classed Monks get the twins?

He sped through the abilities and I missed a bunch so I can't say about the twins. The idea is you'll be able to pause watch his YouTube upload later (which I will be doing).

Fighter high level abilities didn't immediately jump out at me, but I haven't had time to digest them and can't currently remember what they were.

Character creation begins at around 34 minutes. It continues for more than hour after that point before he moves on.

Heja Sverige!!

My beloved Blood Thirst is in! It's like in PoE (0 recovery after kill) - man I will def. play a barb in my first run... With the heaviest hitting/slowest weapon I can find. ;)

If it works like in PoE then Berserker/Beckoner will be my first build that will be nerfed instantly (killing summons while confused trigger Blood Thirst). :lol:

Barbaric Retaliation WTF??? :lol:

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

My beloved Blood Thirst is in! It's like in PoE (0 recovery after kill) - man I will def. play a barb in my first run... With the heaviest hitting/slowest weapon I can find. ;)

If it works like in PoE then Berserker/Beckoner will be my first build that will be nerfed instantly (killing summons while confused trigger Blood Thirst). :lol:

Yeah it looks pretty strong. I'm not sure how it works in PoE1, is it a buff and has a duration or only last one hit in PoE 1?

And there is also Vengeful Defeat.

Guess how fast the Vengeful Defeat + Barring Death's Door + Ancient Memory combo will be nerfed ^^

(such that Door keeps you at 1 and not 0 hp)

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1