I recently came across this video showcasing a cleric using a spiritual weapon. I'm assuming this is something you can just conjure up. I've also seen people suggest various multi-classes with shattered pillar monk and druid (which relies on fists). So taking both these cases into consideration is it likely that venturing around and looting higher gear will become worthless since all your inherent abilities are just as good as weapons?

Unless I'm missing something, as I don't have access to beta (which i'm kicking myself over as i'd really like to play with builds). Any explanation would be much appreciated.

Well the spiritual weapons are nice and all - but hey have no special and unique enchantments as unique weapons have. The latest stream showed some pretty interesting weapons with very special features. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It likely that the strongest weapons in the game will outclasse most summoned weapons by the end game, (except maybe if some summoned weapons are of the highest tier abilities) we won't know until we play the full game.  

There are also enemys taht have high armor against certain damage types or even immunities, this means using a single weapon type(let alone a single weapon, summoned or not) though the entire game is not optimal to say the least.

Edited by HAWmaro

I recently came across this video showcasing a cleric using a spiritual weapon. I'm assuming this is something you can just conjure up. I've also seen people suggest various multi-classes with shattered pillar monk and druid (which relies on fists). So taking both these cases into consideration is it likely that venturing around and looting higher gear will become worthless since all your inherent abilities are just as good as weapons?

Unless I'm missing something, as I don't have access to beta (which i'm kicking myself over as i'd really like to play with builds). Any explanation would be much appreciated.

The Great Sword I summoned in that video was indeed very powerful, and will scale with your characters Power Level (so it will be Fine, Exceptional, etc. quality) but like @boeroer said it will probably not compete long term or in all cases with something you can find and especially enchant down the road. Also, don't forget Spiritual Weapon needs to be cast (wasting to some degree an action that could be used for something else) and while it has a decent duration, it isn't long enough for many fights, and takes a precious spell use to summon (in the case of my Cleric, I could have been using Searing Mark for example). 

In other words, it's just one of many tools at your disposal. Especially if something has low armor vs. Corrode (and most things do).

The Great Sword I summoned in that video was indeed very powerful, and will scale with your characters Power Level (so it will be Fine, Exceptional, etc. quality) but like @boeroer said it will probably not compete long term or in all cases with something you can find and especially enchant down the road. Also, don't forget Spiritual Weapon needs to be cast (wasting to some degree an action that could be used for something else) and while it has a decent duration, it isn't long enough for many fights, and takes a precious spell use to summon (in the case of my Cleric, I could have been using Searing Mark for example). 

In other words, it's just one of many tools at your disposal. Especially if something has low armor vs. Corrode (and most things do).

Just hide, brigadine and scale.   Breatplate and plate have Shock weakness, padded Burn and leather Freeze.   So 3 of 7