Yes, when you have high deflection you can use the unique shield Aila Braccia (from monks in Celestial Sapling, Twin Elms). It turns all ranged attacks that graze into misses and reflects then back to the attacker. Cleansing Flame is a ranged attack that targets deflection - so it gets reflected if it grazes. If it hits you're screwed though. ;)

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Start casting suppress affliction when you see the fire projectile of DOOOM flying through the air, and it should go off just after the flames land. Suppress lasts longer than the flames do.

That's normally more precision and micromanagement than i'd bother with, but cleansing flame is one attack worth being that vigilant against, especially once you know exactly who'll throw it at you.

Its almost impossible to dominate or charm Thaos, the only way that I am able to kill that magic is by using lay of hands on myself, it cures me 125.67 *4 seconds, that's the only way that I'm able to survive but it is stupid having to use one of my precious lay of hands on that. characters such as Aloth, even with the burwalk against elements dies instantly.

Its almost impossible to dominate or charm Thaos, the only way that I am able to kill that magic is by using lay of hands on myself, it cures me 125.67 *4 seconds, that's the only way that I'm able to survive but it is stupid having to use one of my precious lay of hands on that. characters such as Aloth, even with the burwalk against elements dies instantly.

lol the first time i ever fought Thaos I used charm on him from munacra arret and it actually hit, not even a graze but a full hit. After that I tried over and over to do the same thing and it never worked ever again. I probably could have won lotto that day.

Edited by Ymiraku

He has a self buff that raises his defenses into the sky. If you manage to hit him before he casts it it's not that difficult.

wouldn't that be the champion's boon? or perhaps crowns of the faithful?

• Like 1

Do not let him cast it.  If you have a fighter with Disciplined Barrage you can prone him hard and focus fire him to oblivion.  I also stack the ACC with a Paladin using Shame or Glory+ Coordinated attacks and a priests devotions of the faifthful.  That being said you do not need that set up.  Stack high ACC with Fortitude CC's and he is toast.  Also stripping his buffs with the Wizard Spell Arcane Dampener, a Paladin's Deprive the Unworthy or the Arcane Dampener ring and you can focus fire him.  I have done it to the point that he did not get to cast his "transfer soul" to the statues ability and just died leaving the statues to fight solo.

Have gun will travel.

Another way is to prone him using Concelhaut's Crushing Doom - I don't remember if he can be petrified (move out range first, summon extras if you have to, buff yourself, and go).

Hit both him and his statues if you're lucky or have more than 1 Wizard/Druid in your party, follow up by freezing rakes or the like if you want.

If you're still having trouble, make sure you eat all the good stuff beforehand (don't forget Wit Dyr Jerky).

Edited by Zoso der Goldene
  • Like 1

the_ultimate.png

Done with Moon Godlike Wizard

guys, The first time that I was able to kill him, I had to invoke all the statue figures that I was able to earn in the game, then buff the characters with all the food and potions possible, then had Durance to buff the watcher and Eder and Pallegina with crown of the faithful and champion's boon. My watcher was a Paladin very bad built so I the only character that was able to survive was Eder and Aloth, Aloth eventually killed him with all the damage that he was able to deal while Eder was massacred by Thaos stupidly high attack rate without a possibility to even respond any of the attacks.

guys, The first time that I was able to kill him, I had to invoke all the statue figures that I was able to earn in the game, then buff the characters with all the food and potions possible, then had Durance to buff the watcher and Eder and Pallegina with crown of the faithful and champion's boon. My watcher was a Paladin very bad built so I the only character that was able to survive was Eder and Aloth, Aloth eventually killed him with all the damage that he was able to deal while Eder was massacred by Thaos stupidly high attack rate without a possibility to even respond any of the attacks.

Well I would have to see your exact composition.  Eder in my last run (I just did the fight again to refresh the ending I picked for POE 2) was a Duel Wielding Saber Fighter so his defenses are not very good because hes all offense but because of his high base CON , self healing and buffs plus with support from my Paladin and Party members it does not matter.  The builds are likely the issue so if you can post what you are running when fighting Thaos we can help a bit more!  I love talking POE strats so I am intrigued indeed my fellow Pillars player!  Like I said in POE 1 it easy to stack Accuracy.  If you have a priest use devotions of the faithful, it will stack with other ACC buffs.  Disable him asap and burst him down.

PS

I just redid the fight on my last run (Triple Crown party) as it saved when the fight starts and I did the same thing.  Eder disciplined barrage, Paladin (PC) targets and auto attacks Thaos for marking buffs through Shame or Glory and Coordinated Attacks (I know you might no have these abilities), Eder Charges hits for good damage, then immediately knocks him down, druid avenging storm stuns start coming out, Aloth Strips Crowns of the Faithful of him with Arcane Dampener which isnt helping him that much thanks to sky high AC, Druid Sun Lance, all the while Durance is buffing with Devotions of the Faithful and hes down in 10 seconds flat literally.  Oh and Kana is tanking the statues while spreading The Dragon Thrashed the Dragon Wailed.  Mopped up the statues after.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

I gotta admit, during my Frozen Crown playthrough not too long ago, I almost got wiped in the Thaos fight as I wen in not thinking to much of it - after all, it's a 12 level challenge for 16th level characters, so it shouldn't be much of a challenge - I figured. Man was I wrong, Aloth was killed permanently (an idea I liked story-wise), and it was close call overall. To be fair, Thaos got assistance from a bug: While Aloth was casting Gaze of the Adragan (he was just buffed enough to do so), Thaos moved to a statue, which left the Spell unfinished, and it could not be cast again ("That ability is already active").

So when I did my Ultimate playthrough, I prepared extremely well for the fight, using much of the tactics outlined above (equipping Aila Braccia, eating whatever I could get my hands on, summons (obvious), moving out of the way, buffing (Deleterious Alacrity of Motion, Eldritch Aim), Debuffing (Crushing Doom on Thaos and Ryngrim's Enevervating Terror if I remember correctly. I don't think I used Expose Vulnerabilities. Essentially, Enervating Terror is essential as Weakend it make a crit with Gaze of the Adragan much more likely. If you have a priest with the Painful Interdiction (and Empowered as well to make it more likely to hit), that works just as well.), Gaze of the Adragan, and then  a couple of Freezing Rakes. The second Freezing Rake took out Thaos and one of the Statues, the other statue took some more Crushing Doom to finish. I don't think it took 30 seconds to finish.

Even if the odds were much worse in the second instanceMy point is that the same fight can feel very different mostly depending on the level of preparation you put into it and the builds involved. So I, too, would be interested to see the builds to help some more.

• Like 2

the_ultimate.png

I gotta admit, during my Frozen Crown playthrough not too long ago, I almost got wiped in the Thaos fight as I wen in not thinking to much of it - after all, it's a 12 level challenge for 16th level characters, so it shouldn't be much of a challenge - I figured. Man was I wrong, Aloth was killed permanently (an idea I liked story-wise), and it was close call overall. To be fair, Thaos got assistance from a bug: While Aloth was casting Gaze of the Adragan (he was just buffed enough to do so), Thaos moved to a statue, which left the Spell unfinished, and it could not be cast again ("That ability is already active").

So when I did my Ultimate playthrough, I prepared extremely well for the fight, using much of the tactics outlined above (equipping Aila Braccia, eating whatever I could get my hands on, summons (obvious), moving out of the way, buffing (Deleterious Alacrity of Motion, Eldritch Aim), Debuffing (Crushing Doom on Thaos and Ryngrim's Enevervating Terror if I remember correctly. I don't think I used Expose Vulnerabilities. Essentially, Enervating Terror is essential as Weakend it make a crit with Gaze of the Adragan much more likely. If you have a priest with the Painful Interdiction (and Empowered as well to make it more likely to hit), that works just as well.), Gaze of the Adragan, and then  a couple of Freezing Rakes. The second Freezing Rake took out Thaos and one of the Statues, the other statue took some more Crushing Doom to finish. I don't think it took 30 seconds to finish.

Even if the odds were much worse in the second instanceMy point is that the same fight can feel very different mostly depending on the level of preparation you put into it and the builds involved. So I, too, would be interested to see the builds to help some more.

Funny you say that, I almost had my second Frozen Crown ended there for that exact reason.  If you prepare for the fight it is not hard if you underestimate it, he can kill your party good.

• Like 2

Have gun will travel.

Funny you say that, I almost had my second Frozen Crown ended there for that exact reason.  If you prepare for the fight it is not hard if you underestimate it, he can kill your party good.

Yeah, there is some truth to the teachings of Concelhaut. Both the one regarding the true foe ("Mortality") and especially the one regarding the deadliest weakness ("Pride").

• Like 2

the_ultimate.png

another stupidly difficult fight that I had was the alpine dragon. tough guys such as Pallegina, Zahua and my watcher were massacred super fast, High damage dealers such as Aloth and Zahua attacks were not effective against this demon. I eventually killed him but I had to use very high Fire damage attacks, my paladin was effective here and also durance.

another stupidly difficult fight that I had was the alpine dragon. tough guys such as Pallegina, Zahua and my watcher were massacred super fast, High damage dealers such as Aloth and Zahua attacks were not effective against this demon. I eventually killed him but I had to use very high Fire damage attacks, my paladin was effective here and also durance.

Confusing does wonders here, using the dragon's minions as shields in a sense. Keep them alive long enough to finish the dragon. BTW Having Steadfast fully evolved helps a lot too (that's true of any Dragon fight, really).

the_ultimate.png

Confusing does wonders here, using the dragon's minions as shields in a sense. Keep them alive long enough to finish the dragon. BTW Having Steadfast fully evolved helps a lot too (that's true of any Dragon fight, really).

The way I killed it was by putting Zahua and Eder to the front so they can distract the beast... My paladin watcher was killing every minion possible, Durance buffed the tanks and also had the rain of fire and cleansing flames to attack the dragon directly. Aloth with the magical spear was helping the watcher to kill the minions and Pallegina buffed the watcher and Aloth with  + 25 deflection bonus. when all the minions where slaughtered by the watcher an Aloth, this last one buffed himself to the top and started casting pierce and raw damage spells while the watcher did the sacred immolation that dealt damage to the dragon while healed my other people which were fighting the beast.  Zahua had his clones invoked to help and he was using a spear plus resolution sabre.

• Like 1

Not bad.  High CON is what you want for Dragon tanking so all those martial classes work, as does Paladin but you had him on add melting duty with SI so that works.  You could of flipped it tanking with your Paladin cause they have high Fort and killing adds with Eder and Zahua but thats just another way of doing it.  Lots of ways to skin a cat :p  Good job!

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Not bad.  High CON is what you want for Dragon tanking so all those martial classes work, as does Paladin but you had him on add melting duty with SI so that works.  You could of flipped it tanking with your Paladin cause they have high Fort and killing adds with Eder and Zahua but thats just another way of doing it.  Lots of ways to skin a cat :p  Good job!

Zahua died couple of times because he has lower deflection because I use him dual wielding but I had Pallegina, Durance and my Paladin to revive them

Zahua died couple of times because he has lower deflection because I use him dual wielding but I had Pallegina, Durance and my Paladin to revive them

Look at the Dragon Auto attacks in the combat log they do not target deflection. They target Fort, Breath targets Reflex.   Either way good job on the rez's!  

Have gun will travel.

Look at the Dragon Auto attacks in the combat log they do not target deflection. They target Fort, Breath targets Reflex.   Either way good job on the rez's!  

then how they died so soon if Pallegina has 135 reflex, and 110 fortitude, my watcher has 125 reflex and 115 fortitude, Eder and Zahua have abruptly high fortitude with 100+ reflex, that's odd then