Using Gameplay Footage in Online Videos

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen of Obsidian,

I'm a great fan of Pillars of Eternity and can't wait for the sequel any longer :-)

In the last two weeks, I started a german YouTube Channel with so called "Let's Play"-Videos.

I am planning to buy Pillars of Eternity 2 on release and doing some "Let's Play" Videos on YouTube about your game.

My question is: Do you allow me to use your gameplay footage in my videos?

I wrote you an e-mail but I don't get an answer, so I hope I can reach you through this forum.

Sorry for my bad english, I am from Germany and don't write very often in english.

Moin und willkommen im Forum,

yes, go ahead and do it. It got confirmed several times that it's totally fine to do that.

I'm not with Obsidian - so if you want a "proper" source I can search the post from Aarik D (community manager of Obsidian) and link it here.

By the way your English is fine... so far. ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Free advertaisment for Obsy.

The more people post/talk/forum/discord/youtube/twitch their game, the more playerbase they get.

Only time you're not allowed to publish any content from a game, is if it's closed alpha/beta and you're under NDA.

http://eternity.obsidian.net/eternity/legal/ip-use

Under "FAQ" there's a section about Let's Plays:

Q: What about Let's Play videos that I will generate ad revenue on? Are you cool with that?

A: We are totally fine with you doing Let's Play videos for Pillars of Eternity and generating ad revenue from the video. Just know that we reserve the right to revoke said privilege at any time per our guidelines above. For any of our other games, we don't own the IP for those and any request for Let's Play videos of those games would have be through the consent of our publishing partners.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen of Obsidian,

I'm a great fan of Pillars of Eternity and can't wait for the sequel any longer :-)

In the last two weeks, I started a german YouTube Channel with so called "Let's Play"-Videos.

I am planning to buy Pillars of Eternity 2 on release and doing some "Let's Play" Videos on YouTube about your game.

My question is: Do you allow me to use your gameplay footage in my videos?

I wrote you an e-mail but I don't get an answer, so I hope I can reach you through this forum.

Sorry for my bad english, I am from Germany and don't write very often in english.

Deine Englisch ist besser als meine Deutsch...