Am renaming "The Defiant" to "The Quite Amenable Actually" (depending on string-length, it may be "The Negotiable"

• Like 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I plan on renaming the Defiant to the Sao Paulo

good choice.  although we might also consider pale moonlight as a right bonny name for a ship.  

regardless, am suspecting whichever ship becomes the flagship o' our little armada will eventual be awarded the appellation o' bonhomme richard.

HA! Good Fun!

ps as an alternative, we were considering the nicknames o' the nfl's greatest linebackers.  e.g. mad stork, dobre shunka, iron mike, etc.   although, sixty-minute-man for chuck bednarik would likely be misconstrued.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You guys are way too classy. I'd call the ship "your mom's bedroom" or somesuch. Imagine dialogue lines like:

Hello chieftain, I am Hectraw, captain of your mom's bedroom.

As you might know, your mom's bedroom can easily house fifty men, and no fewer are necessary to keep her in top shape.

Do you know where I could hire some cleaners? My crew tends to make a mess of your mom's bedroom.

"Captain, the pirates of Pen Island are moving to board Your Mom's Bedroom!"

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 1

as a complete unsolicited aside, we can usually tell how a relationship is gonna turn out after we compliment her with "yar." 

which brings to mind another good name for a ship, the easy virtue. after all, true love is not pirate ship material.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

In all seriousness it's interesting that in a game where colonialism is a theme we, outsiders are getting to name islands. "Isle of Butz" sounds like a real banger right? 

Am I overthinking this?

Edited by Big-Ben
  • Like 1

Yes! We have no bananas.

In all seriousness it's interesting that in a game where colonialism is a theme we, outsiders are getting to name islands. "Isle of Butz" sounds like a real banger right? 

Am I overthinking this?

Plot twist: the Cloak of Berath item from the scavenger hunt is, in fact, a smallpox blanket.

• Like 4

I am strongly tempted to call my ship Fred, for no real reason except that one day I was killing some time reading an article on a Swedish shipyard that listed all the ships it had built over something like a hundred years and one of them was a cargo ship named Jose`.  I figure if the Swedes can launch the Jose` then the Deadfire Archipelago can launch the Fred.  I suppose I could jazz it up a bit and name it Phredde. 

• Like 1

It appears at first to be a rather banal feature but I appreciate the thought. My experience with sailing only extend to being on boats on lakes in my home state but I'm familiar enough with superstition to understand the need to name the ship. It's nonsense by all logical means but it makes it feel like a home.

Thinking of names like:

Unsinkable II

Defiant 2: Electric Boogaloo

Das Schloss (For the nerds out there.)

Skid Marks

Marlin Monroe

Yeah Buoy

Cirrhosis of the River

Yes! We have no bananas.

i renamed my ship from defiant to... "The Specter of Caed Nua" so, in my case i think i need the article.

i'm still hoping to find myself a nice corvette (aka patrol frigate) around the archipelago, think they have those?

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

I think I'm going to stay with just plan old 'The Defiant' for my first playthrough for my ship.

My second playthrough the ship's name going to be changed to something with Caed Nua in it.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Defiant is an adjective, so you need the article to show it is a name. 

Uh, in this case, I believe Defiant is a proper noun. It's the name of something. In this case a boat. Thus, the article could be dropped, unless of course it's in the possessive form......oh for crying out loud. I just watched like three episodes of Sherlock in a row. I need to stop this high-functioning sociopathic behavior right now!

Edited by Jayngo

I'll change my ship's name as I buy new ships. And it will also be based on my character's class on each playthrough. For example:

Priest of Berath: Berath's Judgement

Priest of Magran: Magran's Fury, Flames of Hel, Godrammer (Eothas is the target ;))

Fury Druid: Stormbringer

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 2

sign.jpg