Chris Avellone: The Final Frontier

Yeah, seen it just a second after. Then I thought, ah whatever, because I suck at haikus.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Reading this ongoing saga is like reading a high school girl's Facebook page wall after she breaks up with her boyfriend.

*Not that I go around reading high school girls' Facebook pages or something :ermm:

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

At least now we know what do you do in between Far Cry and Destiny :p

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Companies trend towards.... being immoral and upper management selects for certain anti social behaviors. It's easier to make money if you have less empathy. So, upper management of any business being **** isn't particularly newsworthy. It'd be more unique if Obsidian upper management was run by genuinely nice people who took the feelings and well beings of their staff into account every decision they made.

I don't get why Avellone is posting his accusations in an alt right forum and his language is beyond undignified.

I have a feeling that much of what he says is true, but if someone working for me would write things like this I would be very hesitant to continue working with him.

For every serious accusation Avellone seems to post three stories that are merely intended to embarrass the people involved.

But most of all he is embarrassing himself.  :blink:

Companies trend towards.... being immoral and upper management selects for certain anti social behaviors. It's easier to make money if you have less empathy. So, upper management of any business being **** isn't particularly newsworthy. It'd be more unique if Obsidian upper management was run by genuinely nice people who took the feelings and well beings of their staff into account every decision they made.

And shall we give them a hug for being as scummy as the rest of the companies? Good job Obsidian, you are not worse than others, you are simply just as bad.

J_C from Codexia

I don't get why Avellone is posting his accusations in an alt right forum and his language is beyond undignified.

I have a feeling that much of what he says is true, but if someone working for me would write things like this I would be very hesitant to continue working with him.

For every serious accusation Avellone seems to post three stories that are merely intended to embarrass the people involved.

The Codex is an alt right forum ? Thought it was just one with a high degree of **** posts :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Codex is an alt right forum ? Thought it was just one with a high degree of **** posts :p

User: Malcador

Kodex Kool Kredits: >9000

Seriously though, for an "alt-right" forum, it sure does have a ton of commies and other kinds of people you wouldn't expect to find there and which I won't directly refer to because I've already been in trouble with moderation here for it.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Seriously though, for an "alt-right" forum, it sure does have a ton of commies and other kinds of people you wouldn't expect to find there and which I won't directly refer to because I've already been in trouble with moderation here for it.

Alt-right and Eastern Europeans do have plenty in common when it comes let's say refugees, LBGT and such issues. They will just hate each other on some other topics :)

Hate the living, love the dead.

It also has a nice boobies thread.  Uh...so I hear.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And with that, I think we've strayed pretty much off-topic and this thread is over the post limit anyway. If anyone wishes to make a new thread on the subject of Chris Avellone's interview and posts on the Codex they are free to do so. This closure is not a ban on the topic.