Chris Avellone: The Final Frontier

God, that post alone discredits Avellone. Don't understand why he decided to break his professionalism by ranting on a public forum, especially the Codex of all places. 

Because he can't keep it together long enough. He did go after Infinitron previously as well. He is human after all, though this just makes it seem like he is actually posting under the influence of something.

Which makes you think if his "everything is fine and I couldn't be better" is just a huge front and he is a wreck.

Right, but you seem to misunderstood how sever this is by posting on a public forum. Where thousands of eyes, of all profession, will take notice. It's one thing to vent at home, or with your friends, but it is another to vent on a public forum. 

How come I don't understand? I understand perfectly fine how big of a deal it is. Either he can't keep it together because everything isn't fine and dandy as he makes it seem or he is drinking or doing some other subtances that mess with his mind.

Either way it takes away some of his credentiality and makes him look bad, or well worse. Not that all the dirty laundry was doing him any favours.

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

God, that post alone discredits Avellone. Don't understand why he decided to break his professionalism by ranting on a public forum, especially the Codex of all places. 

Because he can't keep it together long enough. He did go after Infinitron previously as well. He is human after all, though this just makes it seem like he is actually posting under the influence of something.

Which makes you think if his "everything is fine and I couldn't be better" is just a huge front and he is a wreck.

Right, but you seem to misunderstood how sever this is by posting on a public forum. Where thousands of eyes, of all profession, will take notice. It's one thing to vent at home, or with your friends, but it is another to vent on a public forum. 

How come I don't understand? I understand perfectly fine how big of a deal it is. Either he can't keep it together because everything isn't fine and dandy as he makes it seem or he is drinking or doing some other subtances that mess with his mind.

Either way it takes away some of his credentiality and makes him look bad, or well worse. Not that all the dirty laundry was doing him any favours.

Sorry I should have reread your post before replying. 

Oh, Gosh! Imagine the fire and fury if some muppet at the Codex is behind this, like an elaborate ruse. 

Then the site needs to brace itself for a certain cease and desist letter and unforeseen consequences.

I would love that, the idea of someone suckering so many and with people getting upset over this would make my week. Not quite the level of pleasure as, say, seeing Star Citizen flounder, but good enough.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This is... heartbreaking.

The man whose magnum opus is a goddamn virtual novel about the subjective nature of truth and reality should never have to resort to words like "shill", "colossal ****" or even childish name calling.

Stop this madness, Chris. You're still my personal hero, but however justified you feel in your crusade, this is not the way to do it. The internet will not let you forget this one.

Sadly Shills are a reality despite what someone would believe.. Remember sword coast legends? yes the game that flopped? the last days we had a shill on the forum attempting to gain consensus and bring damage control. But people always think is wrong if someone point out someone else is a shill.

Seems like being a shill is more morally acceptable than point out someone is one of them.  That makes you think right?  :yes:

The man whose magnum opus is a goddamn virtual novel about the subjective nature of truth and reality should never have to resort to words like "shill", "colossal ****" or even childish name calling.

Stop this madness, Chris. You're still my personal hero, but however justified you feel in your crusade, this is not the way to do it. The internet will not let you forget this one.

Sadly Shills are a reality despite what someone would believe.. Remember sword coast legends? yes the game that flopped? the last days we had a shill on the forum attempting to gain consensus and bring damage control. But people always think is wrong if someone point out someone else is a shill.

Seems like being a shill is more morally acceptable than point out someone is one of them.  That makes you think right?  :yes:

I adore this kind of blind reverence to some utterly naïve and redundant terminology and empty echo-chamber remarks. Enjoy the cult camaraderie and amity, all shrouded in esoteric compliance and mutual understanding...

landscape-1489691438-patrick-stewart-lau

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Bit ironic as you're all in on one side, no? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I adore this kind of blind reverence to some utterly naïve and redundant terminology and empty echo-chamber remarks. Enjoy the cult camaraderie and amity, all shrouded in esoteric compliance and mutual understanding...

landscape-1489691438-patrick-stewart-lau

I am glad you are loving it is such warming for the heart bring a smile to someone else.. Beside those thing happens and that answer of chris i just one of a series to the same guy that if you read back on the codex you can see totally why Chris in the end answered like that.. hell i would do that too in his place..

And i am a person that appreciate more honesty than political correct crap. I indeed respect Chris talent but despite of that even him is human like everyone else and being so is also bound to make mistakes. I don't see mistakes on that.

Edited by Mebrilia

So this is what I imagine an Obsidian owner meeting looks like:

Evilleague-01.jpg

;)

Is that a picture for ants? :>

One does not mock the Throroughbred of Sin even if his magnificence is diminished by low resolution.

;)

• Like 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I... I think I don't know what's even going on in this thread anymore. I need an adult. ;(

Don't worry, I AM an adult....and I need one as well. No actually, I need someone who is more adult. Adulterer?  Wait no, don't need those, just a regular adult will do.

• Like 6

I... I think I don't know what's even going on in this thread anymore. I need an adult. ;(

Time to nuke it, only way to be sure. Also I think it's over the post limit, no ?

Dnf5Od0.png

This is what makes me question the legitimacy of the revelations and the poster. I don't recall Avellone ever being this nasty (**** in your mouth, really?) even while replying to the billionth question about the Fallout Bible and its status.

Also, do we have any actual evidence, or is it all word of mouth (or forum post)?

I think you guys need to put this in context. He posted this at about 4 or 5 am. He's been up all night answering questions. That guy he's responding to has been accusing him for several posts of trying to ruin Project Indiana and the devs on it by talking about Feargus. He's human, get over it.

I'll never understand why people expect people to act like politicians and be PC and diplomatic all the time and never show any emotion towards someone insulting you. It's ridiculous.

• Like 1

Dnf5Od0.png

This is what makes me question the legitimacy of the revelations and the poster. I don't recall Avellone ever being this nasty (**** in your mouth, really?) even while replying to the billionth question about the Fallout Bible and its status.

Also, do we have any actual evidence, or is it all word of mouth (or forum post)?

I think you guys need to put this in context. He posted this at about 4 or 5 am. He's been up all night answering questions. That guy he's responding to has been accusing him for several posts of trying to ruin Project Indiana and the devs on it by talking about Feargus. He's human, get over it.

I'll never understand why people expect people to act like politicians and be PC and diplomatic all the time and never show any emotion towards someone insulting you. It's ridiculous.

How selfless of him.
  • Like 3

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I don't get it. If we're willing to excuse horrible behavior on the basis of being human, then I vote that the Obsidian management, who are apparently next of kin to Satan, should be exempt too.

EDIT: Also, I think I really need to take a break from this thread. At this point, it's just clawing at sores.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 5

Edit: Nevermind, jumped the gun. That being said, I'm sadly convinced that this is not some sort of hoax. It's a shame, because no one really comes out of this squeaky clean. It's a shame seeing your heroes fall.

To be sure, I originally linked to CA's Twitter account, where CA at least acknowledges the interview, and claims it's only 30% of what happened. That still doesn't 100% rule out someone taking over his account on the forum, but honestly I don't find that idea to be very convincing at all. Though I would be very happy if it were true. Relevant link:

https://twitter.com/huminds/status/993272944573939712

Edited by JadedWolf

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

I post drunk all the time and I dare you guys to figure out which posts those are

The trick is that I'm a terrible type writing grammarologist

Can you at least hint whether they involve burning bridges with a former employer?

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Dnf5Od0.png

How selfless of him.

Nothing in my post suggested that. I only meant to put the post into context because people seemed to freak out over it when Infinitron posted it with no context.

I don't get it. If we're willing to excuse horrible behavior on the basis of being human, then I vote that the Obsidian management, who are apparently next kin to Satan, should be exempt too.

EDIT: Also, I think I really need to take a break from this thread. At this point, it's just clawing at sores.

I don't think his behavior was "horrible." I'm not sure how insulting someone who is insulting you repeatedly is comparable to the other unethical things we're hearing him talk about. Whenever someone's repeatedly insulted me over the internet, I've found they'll stop if you stand up to them. Otherwise, they'll just continue to insult you and it will be sort of like bullying. The first thing you should do with bullies is stand up to them to get it to stop. I just think it's weird how everyone is trying to find any excuse to dismiss what he's saying. No one wants to believe there is anything bad happening at Obsidian, but imo I don't think you should shy away from truth. Even if it's ugly and makes you feel bad, you should still do it. Also, MCA is only criticizing the owners and what they've done. He's only had nice things to say about everyone else working there. I think we should be open minded about the possibility that a lot of this stuff is true and others there could verify if asked about it, although, I don't see anyone saying anything about it.

Take a break, though, if you need one.

Edited by Grimlorn
  • Like 1

Lyrics are somewhat fitting :lol:

• Like 1

Obsidian was supposed to fall apart without him. Tomorrow they are releasing a game that raised $4.4m.

Why are you making up stupid **** like this? Nobody said anything about Obsidian falling apart without him. But just for you know, MCA was one of the reasons the first Pillars got 4 million, and there can be a sequel.

J_C from Codexia