Chris Avellone: The Final Frontier

I'll never get my dream Vampire game without MCA and Mitsoda coming back to Obsidian

vampire is a ****ty IP that should've been allowed to die with the '90s

Not ****tier than Pillars of Eternity. (and Pillars is a good IP) One of the greatest RPGs of all time is just happen to be based on that.

On May 8th there will be a big Deadfire release celebration stream where Chris Avellone shows up, gives Feargus a big hug, and they reveal it was all an elaborate prank. They'll also confirm Durance is a returning party member for the second half of the game, after Xoti turns out to be a Leaden Key infiltrator and leaves the party.

I want this to happen and they become buddies again. :'( This situation sucks so much, they were my heroes in the gaming industry.

Edited by Zack Fair

J_C from Codexia

I'll never get my dream Vampire game without MCA and Mitsoda coming back to Obsidian

vampire is a ****ty IP that should've been allowed to die with the '90s

It did die actually. But then we got The Requiem which is worse. Careful what you wish for!

I've always been more of a Demon guy myself. Don't get that many chances to channel my inner edgelord (outside of the internets, anyway).

• Like 3

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Now he even knows how "PoE 2 get a pass despite having the same problem" when he didn't even work on it. At this rate, next week he will talk about how PoE 3 is an awful game and Obsidian's upper management is paying the critics to praise it.

Now he even knows how "PoE 2 get a pass despite having the same problem" when he didn't even work on it. At this rate, next week he will talk about how PoE 3 is an awful game and Obsidian's upper management is paying the critics to praise it.

Not that it necessarily relates to the above, but it should be mentioned that not two months ago he wasn't sure who'd designed the PoE2 story either:

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/973664127120887808

• Like 2

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Not that it necessarily relates to the above, but it should be mentioned that not two months ago he wasn't sure who'd designed the PoE2 story either:

Wooooooooooooooooooooooow...........................

:facepalm:

Wooooooooooooooooooooooow...........................

:facepalm:

Er, I'm not sure how to interpret that post, but anyhow I'll clarify that it could certainly be that he got that story from another source, like a friend/contact of his that still works on Obsidian, and not because he's pretending that he's following the development of Deadfire really closely or anything of the sort. But still, it's worth pointing out because it does beg the question as to how he arrived to that particular bit of info.

Er, I'm not sure how to interpret that post, but anyhow I'll clarify that it could certainly be that he got that story from another source, like a friend/contact of his that still works on Obsidian, and not because he's pretending that he's following the development of Deadfire really closely or anything of the sort. But still, it's worth pointing out because it does beg the question as to how he arrived to that particular bit of info.

Doesn't sound to me like that would be much of an improvement.

Over what?

Over what?

Taking the two different statements at face value, he either flat out lied or used secondhand information as another excuse to badmouth Obsidian.

• Like 1

I think this whole ordeal has been a case study in the patchwork nature of the human memory. I'll give MCA the benefit of the doubt on that. Still I think he's in too deep, said too much.

• Like 1

I think this whole ordeal has been a case study in the patchwork nature of the human memory. I'll give MCA the benefit of the doubt on that. Still I think he's in too deep, said too much.

Quick activate the sleeper agents! 

Quick activate the sleeper agents! 

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 3

Is this winding down now? To steal from an old TV, this all reminds me of a foursome where the other three people bailed and you're left alone with a full bottle of baby lotion and an empty fifth of Scotch. The scotch is nice, and I guess the lotion has its own utility, but overall it's quite dissatisfying.

Avellone will have to live through the pain and the rest of us will have to live through him living through his pain. At this point, it's become mental auto-eroticism. Of course, I'm there with everyone else slipping a hand under my belt because threads like this scream out for nerd outrage.

I preloaded Deadfire. I'm a little blah about it right now, but certainly not because of Avellone's statements. Did he get screwed over? I hope not. I wish the best for the guy. Is Feargus either a supremely incompetent bungler or an evil family favoring mastermind? I'd attempt a joke about tuning in next week for another episode, but I don't really care. I want a good game. Give me that, and this controversy won't even be a blip in my radar.

χαίρετε

Huh.  Well, I read through the thread on the codex, after seeing the whole thing referenced on /r/games on reddit, then logged into my forum account here to see if it had made its way home.

As players, we tend to only know most of these people by their products and interviews.  Hard to know what to make of it, really.  

• Like 3