Schrödinger's Abydon? (plus Eothas question)

So yeah it's a little late to ask this, but I'm dying to know.

If Abydon is technically dead, how did he speak to me in Teir Evron like nothing happened? I went there before WM2.

Also, why doesn't Eothas have a constellation in Teir Evron? Does anybody know maybe? Thanks.

I'm not sure if I didn't pay attention or something, but I totally don't recall reading about these things in the game.

Ah. I thought he died and his remaining essence was contained within the Eyeless.

I also didn't know the gods had physical manifestations.

Also, wasn't the city he was protecting from the moon crash Engwithan? If so..that's pretty sad. They created the gods and then Ondra (one of them) wants them to be forgotten. Not very grateful lol.

*cough* Waidwen *cough*

Waidwen was a vessel for Eothas (allegedly). Abydon had his own physical body. And where exactly did he 'store' that big body, I wonder? Can they just manifest into physical form onto Eora from their plane of existence?

*cough* Waidwen *cough*

Waidwen was a vessel for Eothas (allegedly). Abydon had his own physical body. And where exactly did he 'store' that big body, I wonder? Can they just manifest into physical form onto Eora from their plane of existence?

I'm not even sure if this has ever been addressed in the lore proper, but I've been wondering about this myself too. On one hand, you have gods as pure soul power, entities interacting with the physical world through vessels and avatars (Waidwen, the Effigy). But then you learn the story of Abydon and you realize that half of your time during WM2 you've been walking around poking around his very real, very physical, and very huge skeleton. You could argue that those are merely the remains of yet another (ex-)living vessel, but if that's the case, who or what was the vessel?

Assuming those are indeed his own remains, I'm sort of confused as to what this means for the rest of the pantheon. Do Eora's gods just chill around corporeally on some not-Olympus somewhere?

I can only hope Deadfire will add some new information to the table.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 1