Anyone else love the menagerie feature? All of the feature additions in general?

I feel l this is such an excellent way to make use of the boat as a operation for your home base. I am really starting to respect some of these design decisions. And the talking sword? I can already tell it will be a classic. Love it. 

Edited by PatrioticChief
  • Like 8

Oh man I am going to have so much fun with this new talking sword.

I really loved Lilarcor in Baldur's Gate, so I know I'll love this sword too.

Also the ship and island naming thing to me sounds like a pretty cool idea.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Yeap was a great video, I really like the idea of island and ship naming.  Having a place your army of pets can chill is cool too, that was real missed opportunity with the stronghold.

• Like 3

It's a great feature. I cannot fathom what someone looking through my inventory in the first game would say when they found everything from dogs to space pigs. The fact that this is a lore friendly feature makes it even better.

• Like 2

Yes! We have no bananas.

A managerie on a ship? Awefull idea. The smell! THE SMELL!

They won't poop if you don't feed them.

247.gif

• Like 7

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

5 step plan for optimal use of the naming system

Step 1: Create Vailian watcher named Christopher/christoforo

Step 2: Name ship "La Santa Maria"

Step 3: Name every Island you encounter in the vein of: "This is India, right?", "Isn't this supposed to be India" or "C'mon, this one just HAS to be India"

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Profit

I also can't wait to see Concelhaut's skull flitting around in the menagerie, constantly chased by dogs who want to use it as a chew toy.

• Like 7

I feel l this is such an excellent way to make use of the boat as a operation for your home base. I am really starting to respect some of these design decisions. And the talking sword? I can already tell it will be a classic. Love it. 

Well, menagerie was asked for a lot, so that's just them listening to feedback. And talking sword was a clever promise during Fig campaign - a good choice to titillate backers interest, because everybody who's a fan still remembers Lilarcor from BG. But, yeah, it's great that these small but awesome things got implemented.

• Like 3

The menagerie is great. Now my crew has something to eat when they run out of food.

Lets see if all of my pets survive the game :devil:

Yes but do the pets consume food supplies? Might be a bit of a trade-off there.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

That would be poor, poor game design. I really doubt they do. These pets have almost entirely sentimental value, and for some players that enriches their game experience significantly. It would be such a let down for players who love those pets but aren't great at managing their economy to have to leave them where they found them, abandon them because they can't feed them... lose them to starvation?

I made my previous post for the sake of the joke, so don't get the idea from that.

In the gameplay video with Josh from last week I sure don't recall them feeding their pet when they rested - and the pet you have equipped is actually more than sentimental since you get some minor buff - so I don't see why they would need food on the boat. And lastly, consider all the pets you could get in PoE1. Most were cats and dogs, but a tiny animat, what do you feed one of those? :p

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Well, menagerie was asked for a lot, so that's just them listening to feedback. And talking sword was a clever promise during Fig campaign - a good choice to titillate backers interest, because everybody who's a fan still remembers Lilarcor from BG. But, yeah, it's great that these small but awesome things got implemented.

I was super surprised that there was no talking weapon in PoE1, to be honest. Having a weapon inhabited by a person's soul makes far, far more sense in the world of PoE than it did in Baldur's Gate.

• Like 2

I've seen my fair share of feral cats in Montana and they most certainly do smell but probably not for the reasons Stinky Pete does. I would wager it's just a small gag like the Space Pig.

Yes! We have no bananas.

Not much of a fan of pets that do nothing game wise but the black hound walked everywhere we walked in my last play through - just because...:)

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...