Who is playing on the 8th?

I'm setting an alarm get out of bed and start my GOG download at 3am Tuesday 9th (thanks Australian Eastern Standard Time and **** Australian internet). So can take the day off work and spend the whole day playing.

I'm so excited that I physically feel it, like a dog stamping its paws for dinner.

Just so you don't get out of bed in vain - Wednesday is the 9th (Tuesday is the 8th) - I'm on a similar timezone (1am for me on the Wednesday)

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Busy with college assignments and upcoming finals so I plan to play it next month.

But Im definitely gonna download the game when it comes out and mess around with the character creation + maaaaybe play through the "tutorial" section of the game lol.

But Im definitely gonna download the game when it comes out and mess around with the character creation + maaaaybe play through the "tutorial" section of the game lol.

Oh sure. Because that always ends on tutorial section. 

• Like 2

I think there is a preload? 

On Steam preload starts on Friday. Plenty of time to download the game even if you have crappy internet connection.

Really? 

With the pre-purchase?

Which is the best package? Standard, Deluxe, or Obsidian?

Can't really say anything about which is the best package. My experience is they tend to over complicate the issue, and there are always extras that I have no use for.

Best to look yourself and decide.

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

I'll have a presentation due on May 16th which I will have to prepare for in the time after the Deadfire release but apart from that and the occasional class I'll have to attend at Uni I will pretty much be free to completely and utterly ignore my social and work life, lay low and sing small, disable Facebook and tell my gf to not bother me for a week.

• Like 1

Dank Memes for Dank Spores.

My release day ritual tends to be: 1) Finish download.  2)  Clean desk immaculately.  3)  Create a character and putter around.  4) Repeat step 3 up to ten more times.  5) Sleep on it, come back next day 6) Start my "real" character 7) Play the first 5-10 hours and then repeat step 5.  8) Play the "real real" character and finish it in about 3x more the hours that are suggested on the box cover.  (First play is on Veteran level so I don't have to powergame it, good tactics are typically enough)

It's my way of artificially extending the game and getting enjoyment out of it before I finish my first playthrough. Once I do finish that first playthrough, I start to powergame and then it becomes a different type of game to me, still fun, but more mechanically oriented.  I may even attempt the Triple Crown Solo this game.

Ocean Folk Bleak Walker/Black Jacket with a sweet pirate hat, a sweet brace of pistols, a sweet sabre/parrying dagger, and the sweetest moustache.

Edited by thekdawg21
  • Like 1

I will definitely be playing on the 8th. I'm really psyched for this game. I just can't decide on what build I want to try first. Most likely a ranger of some kind. I'm thinking about an archer build, but I'm not sure if I should be pure ranger or do some multi-classing.