Who is playing on the 8th?

I had more PTO than I thought. I just told the boss I am taking the 8th off, and that gives me 5 days of Deadfire. Hopefully I have time to get my new desk and monitor setup this week before going back to work. It needs to be ready!

Edited by Ganrich

As a backer I am getting it day one naturally. And as I am currently off work waiting for my leg to heal and got plenty of free time... yeah baby I got time off to play it all the time:w00t:  Of course, I have had the last few weeks Deadfire-less, wasted time off, and knowing my luck I'll get sent back to work as soon as it comes out...

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I won't be playing on the 8th, because it'll be the 9th before it is released in this timezone ;)

EDIT: Oh and to all those who are taking a day off on the 8th of May, you should have aimed for the 11th and given yourself a 3 day weekend. Also would mean you'd have a few extra days grace, in case of game breaking bugs ;)

Edited by Shakyr

Unfortunately I have guests staying for a couple of weeks, which is great because they are mates, but also means I probably shouldn’t retreat to the study to fight dragons as a wizard... Might be able to sneak a couple hours in late in the night, but I’m too old these days and need my sleep. Delayed start is probably unavoidable. Will be avoiding the forum and might benefit from some early patches. Also concerned about how to line up the DLCs with my play through.

I won't be playing on the 8th, because it'll be the 9th before it is released in this timezone ;)

EDIT: Oh and to all those who are taking a day off on the 8th of May, you should have aimed for the 11th and given yourself a 3 day weekend. Also would mean you'd have a few extra days grace, in case of game breaking bugs ;)

You assume anyone got enough self-control for that...

I think there is a preload? Anyways I'll play as soon as possible. When I'm done with work and it's downloaded. Having said that I reckon I'm probably going to spend at least the first 1000 hours of playtime redoing the intro over and over.... while I keep creating new characters.

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

I think there is a preload? 

On Steam preload starts on Friday. Plenty of time to download the game even if you have crappy internet connection.

Really? 

With the pre-purchase?

Which is the best package? Standard, Deluxe, or Obsidian?

Edited by Faustus2

I think there is a preload? 

On Steam preload starts on Friday. Plenty of time to download the game even if you have crappy internet connection.

Really? 

With the pre-purchase?

Which is the best package? Standard, Deluxe, or Obsidian?

Really:

https://twitter.com/Adoroable/status/991152223525617664

The rest is for you to figure out.

i hate that they stick to this stupid old outdated release schedule of releasing on a tuesday...releasing games on a friday would be sooooo much better for everyone

Except the people releasing the game who would probably rather not be fielding a flood of support requests and working on emergency patches over the weekend.

• Like 3

I am a lucky one. I will actually have four days off on release day. I will most likely do other stuff too during that time, but I will have plenty of time to experiment and experience the story before the game has been explored at length, with the wiki getting filled up a plenty !

Nope, gotta give it the traditional Obsidian 3 months for it to be kind of playable.

Although things have gotten better, this is always true with games built around complex systems and bushels of bespoke behavior.

The game comes out at 6pm where I live, so I'll be able to play that evening, but I have work the following day, and I can't take the day off because I have to do something important that day :(

Maybe I'll try to take the Thursday off, but the 9th will be brutal! At least I'll probably have time to make my character on Tuesday night...

I'm setting an alarm get out of bed and start my GOG download at 3am Tuesday 9th (thanks Australian Eastern Standard Time and **** Australian internet). So can take the day off work and spend the whole day playing.

I'm so excited that I physically feel it, like a dog stamping its paws for dinner.

Brown Bear- attacks Squirrel
Brown Bear did 18 damage to Squirrel
Squirrel- death

I am but because of my bad internet I'll likely finish downloading the game by the 9th. And yes won't be touching these forums for a week after the release at least. Doubt anything major is gonna be spoiled pre release and browsing these forums keeps the hype in check.

I didn't scrub through the entire thread to check if somebody already told you this - but starting this friday you'll be able to preload the game on steam. So if you have **** internet you can still play on release : )

I'm setting an alarm get out of bed and start my GOG download at 3am Tuesday 9th (thanks Australian Eastern Standard Time and **** Australian internet). So can take the day off work and spend the whole day playing.

I'm so excited that I physically feel it, like a dog stamping its paws for dinner.

You know, if you use GOG galaxy you will be able to preload it (from Friday and onward). You will still have to decrypt it come Tuesday, but if your internet is really bad...
  • Like 4

*Cough* I'm getting the impression the embargo lifts on Saturday/late Friday. I'm also expecting Deadfire to start appearing on streams come Saturday.

The Sharmat on Sensuki:

"It is not Baldur's Gate 3 he yearns to play. It is the experience of playing Baldur's Gate for the first time."

You know, if you use GOG galaxy you will be able to preload it (from Friday and onward). You will still have to decrypt it come Tuesday, but if your internet is really bad...

Holy Trout! I thought I read that preloading didn't happen with GOG. I must have misread!

Brown Bear- attacks Squirrel
Brown Bear did 18 damage to Squirrel
Squirrel- death