Who is playing on the 8th?

Have any of you booked the day off work to play it?

I actually used to book the day off for WoW expansions back in the day haha. Then do an all nighter.... yeesh the good old days eh. My girlfriend would kick my arse if I did that now.

I work freelance around 5 hours a day.  I have no need to take vacations since I'm single with no kids and have a lot of free time throughout the day.  :D

However, I'm still going to wait a few weeks to a month before playing.  I'm busy playing a few other games at the moment.

Edited by bonarbill
  • Like 1

So, cause I haven't participate in beta, I'll probably devote all my 8th May to creating characters. Although I know how my character would be looking (pretty the same as in PoE, maybe a little bit older/younger/epic/?), I would be enjoying new graphics, looking every modele and reading all that cool lore about classes and races ^_^

I will work until late on the 8th and most of the 9th. :(   But I'll spend the evening on the 9th on character creation. :yes:

I haven't finished my third PoE playthrough yet and I'll probably want to finish it first, since there isn't much left and I'd like to use the endgame save. I usually wait a few days before playing a new game just in case there is a serious bug.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

Luckily for you guys, the game is going to allow pre-loading starting this Friday. Confirmed by Aarik, one of the Obsidian dudebros

Goodness me it's going to be great day. I've got some stuff to do for work but once that's done it's going to be a wonderful day.

Yes! We have no bananas.

I'll most likely play the beginning to start my character and see how the first chapter begins.

Then I'll wait a bit to see some builds and decide on whether I go pure Eothasian Priest, Pure Kind Wayfarer or multi them depending on high level abilities.

Then I'll continue or start again.

"If you would, you could become all flame" - Abba Joseph of the Desert Fathers.

Im going to give the game several months of emergency patches, hot fixes and balance nerfs before I even maybe decide to play it. I have a feeling that hopefully many things will change after feed back and reviews come out.

I took a half day for Pillars 1 and played deep into the night.

Although it was an awesome experience the lack of sleep and piled up responsibilities forced me to miss a few days of play time and it kinda ruined the initial start of the game.

I plan on a more balance pace of a few hours a night and maybe a long session on a weekend till I have completed my first run.

Maybe some other of you older guys will see where I’m coming from haha.

I can’t infinity my infinity games like I did when I was 18

• Like 1

The only people playing on the 8th are living in the past 

Or already had the day off because they have family visiting that week?  At least in my case that is why I have it off.

• Like 1

I hope you enjoy your new game :)

Lol you reminded me of the LoL Vampire Commercial/Ad!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I'm off work on the 8th!!! - but Deadfire will release in the middle of the night between 8th and 9th for me!!111!!!

So I'll play a little on the morning of the 9th, but a real play will probably have to wait until my weekend (which starts Sunday).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

i've got nothing but the archipelago on my plate... so unless i windup dead, or unconscious... i'll be playing it.

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

I'm sure there won't be preload on gog, so I'll get home from work on the 8th, realize that it will take more than 10 hours to download with my crappy internet (does anyone know the number of GB already?) and go to sleep without downloading (my pc is in my bedroom and I can't sleep with it running). On the next day, I'll start the download before going to work and will hope that it's finished before midnight so that I can sleep with the PC turned off the next night again.

EDIT:
HOLEY MOLY, the game ist listead at 45 GB on steam? Unless there is a heavy reduction in download size, that's going to take forever!

I can download roughly 1.3 GB / hour, which will take me around 35 hours at this rate. Only way to download this will be while I'm visiting my parents on the following weekend...

Edited by Doppelschwert

Doppel, don't worry. It's not as bad as it sounds. Through the magic of data compression you don't have to download exactly what it ends up taking up on your drive. I've heard the number 35GB tossed around and to me that sounds reasonable if the final product ends up being 45GB.

I myself will play on 8th May after I get home from work, assuming the game will be downloaded and installed in about an hour. 

I could not take a day off on Wednesday, because one of my colleagues is on vacation for two weeks and I am left to supervise a newbie. And I am rather low on vacation days anyway... 

But Thursday is a holiday in Germany, so I can play whole day. And Friday is a short workday, so I will have plenty of time to play too.

I'm sure there won't be preload on gog, so I'll get home from work on the 8th, realize that it will take more than 10 hours to download with my crappy internet (does anyone know the number of GB already?) and go to sleep without downloading (my pc is in my bedroom and I can't sleep with it running). On the next day, I'll start the download before going to work and will hope that it's finished before midnight so that I can sleep with the PC turned off the next night again.

EDIT:
HOLEY MOLY, the game ist listead at 45 GB on steam? Unless there is a heavy reduction in download size, that's going to take forever!

I can download roughly 1.3 GB / hour, which will take me around 35 hours at this rate. Only way to download this will be while I'm visiting my parents on the following weekend...

You can preload on Friday. Well... at Steam, anyway. I hope that for GoG this is also an option.

I too have good Internet, so while I got it on GoG, I will probably get to play it for a few hours on the 8th. Hopefully I can yank myself away from it, since I've decided to wait a few patches before digging into it for real.