Who is playing on the 8th?

I am but because of my bad internet I'll likely finish downloading the game by the 9th. And yes won't be touching these forums for a week after the release at least. Doubt anything major is gonna be spoiled pre release and browsing these forums keeps the hype in check.

Edited by HAWmaro
  • Like 4

I'm certainly going to try, but I know I'm going to have daily chores to do and also make dinner that day before my wife gets home late from work. So I may end up

playing Deadfire in the evening or even later then that, after our daughter has been put to bed. The worse that could happen to me is that I end up playing it on the

ninth, in the early morning hours (12 am or so) after everyone in my family but me has long since gone to bed, can I see myself finding the time to just sit down and

really play/enjoy this game like I want to.

Edited by wolfrider100
  • Like 1

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I almost certainly will if they unlock it in GOG at 19:00 (CET), otherwise, if it's not too late, I'll try it out quickly that night or after a good sleep the day after.

Edited by Daled

So, cause I haven't participate in beta, I'll probably devote all my 8th May to creating characters. Although I know how my character would be looking (pretty the same as in PoE, maybe a little bit older/younger/epic/?), I would be enjoying new graphics, looking every modele and reading all that cool lore about classes and races ^_^

• Like 4

Currently playing The Witcher 3 for the first time, and, ideally, I'd wrap up the main quest in time to jump into Deadfire on the 8th.  (Currently: level 23 and chasing down question marks and gwent players on Ard Skellige.)  But I'm probably too much of a reflexive completionist for that to happen.  So I probably have a tough decision in my future. 

Have any of you booked the day off work to play it?

I actually used to book the day off for WoW expansions back in the day haha. Then do an all nighter.... yeesh the good old days eh. My girlfriend would kick my arse if I did that now.

nowt

I actually used to book the day off for WoW expansions back in the day haha. Then do an all nighter.... yeesh the good old days eh. My girlfriend would kick my arse if I did that now.

I was going to, but I was out sick earlier in the year. So, I am low on Personal Days to use. I need to save them just in case. However, I left 5 hours early one day, and that leaves me about 7 hours personal time... Not enough for a full day, but...

So, I may go in and use those to leave early again, but I'm trying to be as frugal as possible with those hours. We will see. I need to double check my vacation/personal time this week before I make that decision.

I had two days worth of overtime so took the 9th and the 10th. One to play a bit the other for my birthday, I will be away the next weekend so will not have time to play and this was my only opportunity for a few hours of game time. I will create characters on the evening of the 8th and read a bit of the guide :) looking forward to it.

• Like 1

I was going to, but I was out sick earlier in the year. So, I am low on Personal Days to use. I need to save them just in case. However, I left 5 hours early one day, and that leaves me about 7 hours personal time... Not enough for a full day, but...

So, I may go in and use those to leave early again, but I'm trying to be as frugal as possible with those hours. We will see. I need to double check my vacation/personal time this week before I make that decision.

I’m swimming in PTO days so you better believed I booked one on the 8th. Then another on friday, and my wife knows I’ve been waiting a year and a half for this, so she’s giving me a couple days to hole up in my home office and chase down Eothas.

Used to feel bad for being a nerd, but now I’ve figured out a way to advance my career, pay the bills, AND still be an RPG nerd. The way my wife sees it; she doesn’t have to work and gets the things she wants, and the trade off is that occasionally I want to be a wizard and fight goblins? That’s a good deal for both of us.

• Like 3

I’m swimming in PTO days so you better believed I booked one on the 8th. Then another on friday, and my wife knows I’ve been waiting a year and a half for this, so she’s giving me a couple days to hole up in my home office and chase down Eothas.

Used to feel bad for being a nerd, but now I’ve figured out a way to advance my career, pay the bills, AND still be an RPG nerd. The way my wife sees it; she doesn’t have to work and gets the things she wants, and the trade off is that occasionally I want to be a wizard and fight goblins? That’s a good deal for both of us.

Yeah, I predominantly play RPGs and Obsidian games are one of the few I'd take time off for. It's about the only time I "game." So, taking time off once every few years isn't too much to convince myself of. I am going to double check my PT tonight, and I may go ahead and tell the bosses what's up.

I guess I will start to play at release.

I wish I could wait some patches, but I look at this forum every day and I will be completely spoilered anyway if I don´t play.

The next question is if I should play in english or german.

Probably I will play in german and more than half of the time I will be posting bugs.

I have finished my last game (Okami) on friday and now I have the problem what to do next. If I start a new game I will not be able to finish it in a week.

Well, I'm having a vacation starting next week, so yeah, I'm gonna play it on release. Unless it gets postponed again at the last minute  :getlost:  From my experience, with games like these that I know I can't help but binge, it's better to take a vacation or days off so as not to look and feel like a dead vegetable at work.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 2

I really like computer RPGs but I will definitely not take vacations for a game.

Everybody knows that sport is the only thing to take vacations for ;)

I had a marathon yersterday and tomorrow comes the next race.

Hey, that's a great reason to take a vacation! I wish I could take them with confidence for my much loved bike tours. But unfortunately where I live it's like perpetual 50 shades of autumn or something, with unexpected chances of rain all the time.

• Like 1